Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

showbiz_liz posted:

well how the hell else would you melt the cheese
Not even apple cinnamon poptarts, tsk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Isn't True Polymorph one of those spells where you have to be level a billion and you csn only ever cast it once per day? There could very well not be anybody in this whole setting capable of casting it.

showbiz_liz posted:

I think it might wind up being relevant if they turn out to be identical twins. Who knows, could Taako use one of those pod things to make a body that her soul could jump into out of the umbrella, or something?

That's genius!

showbiz_liz posted:

Same.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lucretia and Barry might not know Lup's dead, and they might not even care that much, as the last episode revealed all of them had died, repeatedly, and if they die again they have every reason to expect that they'll reappear sitting in the Star Blaster just like Magnus did on the next world. Only I think they're probably about out of worlds to run to at this point.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

please use nsfw tags

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

showbiz_liz posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHH

get it away get it GONE

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

Isn't True Polymorph one of those spells where you have to be level a billion and you csn only ever cast it once per day? There could very well not be anybody in this whole setting capable of casting it.

It's a level 17 Bard, Warlock, or Wizard spell which is indeed high level but not impossibly high. The boys are at level...14? Something like that and they've been adventuring for only a couple of years.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Stop quoting it, you monsters.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Asiina posted:

Stop quoting it, you monsters.

Quoting what, this?

showbiz_liz posted:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If someone served me that I think I would just instinctively slap it across the room

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Colonel Whitey posted:

If someone served me that I think I would just instinctively slap them across the room

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Like Han Solo seeing Darth Vader at the table, you'd start shooting before the signal made it all the way from your eyes to your brain

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo to this point I didn't even know it was possible to commit warcrimes with just pop tarts but here we are

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Time to close the thread I guess.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Colonel Whitey posted:

If someone served me that I think I would just instinctively slap it across the room

the rubbery cheese would cause it to bounce off the wall and boomerang back to you

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

On another note, it's kinda funny to me that Justin was so amazed by the Taco Bell fries because in California one in every two restaurants serves some kind of nacho fries or otherwise "loaded" fries (a place where I live serves fries covered in clam chowder. New England fries).

Legs Benedict posted:

the rubbery cheese would cause it to bounce off the wall and boomerang back to you

Excellent, just enough time to pull whoever gave it to me into the line of fire

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Colonel Whitey posted:

On another note, it's kinda funny to me that Justin was so amazed by the Taco Bell fries because in California one in every two restaurants serves some kind of nacho fries or otherwise "loaded" fries (a place where I live serves fries covered in clam chowder. New England fries).

Excellent, just enough time to pull whoever gave it to me into the line of fire

what the gently caress

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

AriadneThread posted:

what the gently caress

I know

E: carne asada fries are good as gently caress though and are kind of a California thing

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 19, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Colonel Whitey posted:

I think it was less about the concept of nacho fries, and more that it was Taco Bell in particular. Taco Bell isn't exactly known for fries in the first place. Also,

AriadneThread posted:

what the gently caress

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I think it was less about the concept of nacho fries, and more that it was Taco Bell in particular. Taco Bell isn't exactly known for fries in the first place. Also,

Yeah but if it was a common thing where he lives he probably wouldn't have even really taken note of it because around here you can get those almost literally anywhere and it's a complete footnote that Taco Bell has them now (even though they won't acknowledge their existence)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Colonel Whitey posted:

Wait WHAT I've never seen this poo poo in New England. How could they disrespect chowdah (and the concept of poutine, for that matter) so much

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

showbiz_liz posted:

I wanna MUNCH!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Stroop There It Is posted:

Wait WHAT I've never seen this poo poo in New England. How could they disrespect chowdah (and the concept of poutine, for that matter) so much

Yeah I'm sure nobody eats that in New England. They call it that at this one place just because it has chowder on it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ariong posted:

I wanna MUNCH!

showbiz_liz posted:

squad

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ariong posted:

I wanna MUNCH!

this is a good post and also a good segue. Does anybody else HATE Munch Squad? The only one I've ever liked was the recent one at the Portland live show, every other one is just reading a press conference and not creating much humor of their own. I'd much rather hear another question or YahooOath.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I don't like any segment that means less Yahoo answers

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Munch Squad is probably my favorite bit they've ever had, and every time Justin starts rumbling that telltale riff under his breath I start grinning and bouncing in my chair :neckbeard:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Delish

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aw, how do you not like the munch squad?

we're going to need more crows

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

DoombatINC posted:

Munch Squad is probably my favorite bit they've ever had, and every time Justin starts rumbling that telltale riff under his breath I start grinning and bouncing in my chair :neckbeard:

I love munch squad and the fact that Justin does the little guitar riff thing, but it always irks me the tiniest bit that he's doing the I Wanna Rock riff wrong every time :negative:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If you don't like munch squad after Griffins Brunchfest mental breakdown you are dead inside imo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you don't like munch squad after Griffins Brunchfest mental breakdown you are dead inside imo

I'm an episode behind so maybe I'll change my tune

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Poque posted:

I'm an episode behind so maybe I'll change my tune

It's from an older episode.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

http://mbmbam.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_324:_A_Heroic_and_Well-Reviewed_Lizard

This one according to the wiki.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I like Munch Squad well enough, but I always prefer actual questions to bits. This whole last episode was kinda a miss for me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like the weird bits that Justin comes up with, but he always blows through them too quickly. We had about 4 Munch Squads in a row, IIRC, and it got a bit tiring. Now that they're spread out a bit more, it's a much nicer surprise. Has Griffin had a bit segment since Monthly Observances?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Xad posted:

I love munch squad and the fact that Justin does the little guitar riff thing, but it always irks me the tiniest bit that he's doing the I Wanna Rock riff wrong every time :negative:

Yup, I notice it every time and mentally yell at Justin for getting it wrong.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tbh I might've skipped that munch squad to get to the goofs

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

In the latest live show the crowd yells "SQUAD" after one of the bros says "I'm gonna nut" which, even if the bit was never funny on its own, would justify its existence

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
came into this thread to add into the lup conversation but now I've seen the pop tart and I'm just projectile vomiting everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

purple death ray posted:

Lucretia and Barry might not know Lup's dead, and they might not even care that much, as the last episode revealed all of them had died, repeatedly, and if they die again they have every reason to expect that they'll reappear sitting in the Star Blaster just like Magnus did on the next world. Only I think they're probably about out of worlds to run to at this point.

Barry definitely knows; the mysterious red robe saw the Umbrastaff in the crystal kingdom arc, asked Taako where he got it, and everyone was just like "oh some dead person had it" and the Red Robe lost it.

Knowing what we know now, how blase Taako was about finding the body is kind of heartbreaking. :smith: