Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So what happened? Did Toys R Us sponsor the live stream of a giraffe birth for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
They probably thought they'd just get a cute stream of Giraffes being Giraffes, only to fail to realise that that includes things that animals do that people don't talk to kids about.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

jojoinnit posted:

So what happened? Did Toys R Us sponsor the live stream of a giraffe birth for some reason?

Every Facebook friend of mine over the age of fifty has been insanely drawn into the eventual birth of this giraffe, and I couldn't tell you why that is, exactly, but the Toys R Us mascot has been a giraffe for longer than I've been alive, so at least I get the brand synergy there, if nothing else.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I can't see the picture. So what is the fuckup here, the fact that an animal giving birth looks a little gross for a few hours?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The baby flops out of the mom and looks dead because it doesn't move. The mom continues to piss and poo poo on the baby afterwards.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mu Zeta posted:

The baby flops out of the mom and looks dead because it doesn't move. The mom continues to piss and poo poo on the baby afterwards.

But enough about Donald Trump's stance on abortion.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

The Aristocrats!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Initially the afterbirth comes out and makes an amazing splash prior to all the piss and poo poo, so no different than the majority of mammalian births.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Elephant births are worse.

gently caress, the Pipa pipa frog birth is poo poo from H.R. Giger.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like there's comedy writers who go their entire lives without thinking of a more hilarious marketing synergy situation and here nature and a toy store stumbled into it completely accidentally

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Elephant births are worse.

gently caress, the Pipa pipa frog birth is poo poo from H.R. Giger.

I'm all about those toads whose babies come shooting out of their backs

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
To think evolution would favor frogs doing kinky rear end poo poo like laying eggs on their partners back.

I imagine that is how that actually goes. The frog thing, not evolution in general.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Berkeley Protesters Take the Pepsi Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3uhKxNPNg

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Do brands usually advertise about 4/20? I haven't seen a non-weed company jump in like this before.

https://twitter.com/totinos/status/853995520309723141

No opinion one way or another, just found it interesting.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

There's a Mongolian BBQ place in Eugene, OR that uses the slogan "Pack a Bowl at Jung's!"

They really know their demographic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FCKGW posted:

Do brands usually advertise about 4/20? I haven't seen a non-weed company jump in like this before.

https://twitter.com/totinos/status/853995520309723141

No opinion one way or another, just found it interesting.

Totino's has been on a somewhat bizarre, unconventional, but honestly somewhat effective, advertising tear in the last few years. If anyone was going to be the first national brand to try to hashtag 4/20, it'd be them.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Totinos knows their audience. Jack in the Box also did a campaign that was pretty obviously about stoned people for their "munchie box" or whatever a couple years ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Totinos also did not realize that you cannot start a hashtag with a number because it won't work.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Didn't Taco Bell advertise about solving the munchies with second breakfast?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

I had Taco Bell for breakfast today, and their bags say "welcome to the after party"

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Chitin posted:

Totinos knows their audience. Jack in the Box also did a campaign that was pretty obviously about stoned people for their "munchie box" or whatever a couple years ago.

Jack in the Box know's what's up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mu Zeta posted:

I think that was Merry, followed by elevensies

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Merry and Pippin ultimately solved their munchies by getting a bunch of Ents to invade Isengard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
a good advert is one that knows its audience, and that totino's ad fulfills that so it's a good ad

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Merry and Pippin ultimately solved their munchies by getting a bunch of Ents to invade Isengard.

Get money, gently caress bitches, ride trees.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

walrusman posted:

There's a Mongolian BBQ place in Eugene, OR that uses the slogan "Pack a Bowl at Jung's!"

They really know their demographic.

Some college towns in Michigan have a wrap place called Menna's Joint that refers to its wraps as "dubs" and has a Rasta dude holding a very joint-like one as a logo

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Ahhhh, reminded of Wee-Man's Chronic Tacos. Now there's only one location left but it was a good chain and I miss it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

a good advert is one that knows its audience, and that totino's ad fulfills that so it's a good ad
???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lPX5b9m7ro
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WVjVzg4NDBS1BqdFFnME1VM2M/view?pageId=107267058331430398084

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The best Totino's ad is their sponsorship of the campaign of the Boy Mayor of Second Life.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

The best Totino's ad is their sponsorship of the campaign of the Boy Mayor of Second Life.

I almost wish they would adopt the character of Totinos as their proper mascot.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Adidas sent out an email with the subject line, "Congrats, you survived the Boston Marathon."

Unlike United, they apologized pretty quickly and most people can probably tell it was just a poor choice of words, so it won't be in the news long. Just another story of a fired intern.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That was actually how they solved their insatiable cravings for pipe-weed, if I remember the books.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Dunno if it's Marketing but the product is still loving dumb:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/silicon-valley-s-400-juicer-may-be-feeling-the-squeeze

quote:

Two investors in Juicero were surprised to learn the startup’s juice packs could be squeezed by hand without using its high-tech machine.

quote:

One of the investors said they were frustrated with how the company didn’t deliver on the original pitch and that their venture firm wouldn’t have met with Evans if he were hawking bags of juice that didn’t require high-priced hardware.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/RobinDich/status/854377601472712704

:ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, we were over it. Adidas apologized pretty quickly and it's not really malicious, just badly worded.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Waffleman_ posted:

it's not really malicious, just badly worded.

That's 95% of this thread

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Its almost as if it was a stupid loving idea to invest in on Day 1.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

"Company limits sales of juice packs to people who will buy a $400 machine that doesn't do anything."

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Note that they had to lower the price from $700

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This just popped up for me on Yahoo

I have to wonder what sort of algorithm made this decision.