Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

21 Muns posted:

The cartoon literally doesn't depict it as bad, though? It completely downplays any nonconsensual aspect and doesn't even portray the woman Trump is groping as a person. We're supposed to think "gee, those reporters sure are backwards, thinking that Sex Is Bad and Violence Is Good".
And what about you, completely ignoring the fact the cartoon depicts Trump keeping pundits in cages like animals, as if there's nothing wrong with that either? That's an even more hosed up message to me. I can't believe Lubchansky would do such a thing.

Here is my dog, who is a little chunky.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

And what about you, completely ignoring the fact the cartoon depicts Trump keeping pundits in cages like animals, as if there's nothing wrong with that either? That's an even more hosed up message to me. I can't believe Bors would do such a thing.

It's not a Bors. I'd say who it's by but i cant read signatures very well

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
It's by Lubchansky

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

And what about you, completely ignoring the fact the cartoon depicts Trump keeping pundits in cages like animals, as if there's nothing wrong with that either? That's an even more hosed up message to me. I can't believe Bors would do such a thing.

Explaining a joke murder the joke, but the cartoon make it look like Trump is making experiments to see what pundits like, and it seems to be bombing other country. Of course Trump is not doing that, or nobody is saying anything about having pundits in cages (not a bad idea, anyway).

The joke is sarcasm, a way to point on how, of all the things Trump did, is bombing other country what is getting a resonating positive vibe from pundits. For a president (Trump) that probably pay attention to pundits and can feel compelled to do what make pundits happy. (We know Trump watch Fox and Friends when he should be reading actual real reviews from real information services and not entertainment TV programs, but he find the real thing boring)

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

I miss Rev. Will B. Dunn.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

whomupclicklike posted:

It's by Lubchansky
I didn't even look at the signature but the style made me think it was Bors. My mistake.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Thanks for the name!

And yeah tbf they do have a similar art style, and both draw Trump as a putrid mess of a human being.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They do look p good tho

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

.Edward Penischin posted:

Doug Marlette sadly died in a car crash about 10 years ago. That artist is his nephew.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Awesome drawing and awesome idea but unfair.

Trump message to Erdogan is (my reading) more a USA support for Turkey. Is not even about what Trump thinks, but continue working with a key allied.

I doubt Ivanka would support the efforts of Erdogan to turn Turkey into a islamic state.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

.Edward Penischin posted:

I miss Brother Lee Love.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

You're too kind, Bagley. Trump doesn't even know where his aircraft carriers are.

Assaulting airline passengers sounds a lot better when Rall is the recipient.

17 :chloe:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh gently caress off lester.
Because education should be treated as a loving limited commodity.

Suck my dick you fuckman

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I only hire PREMIUM degrees.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

That taxpayer money could've gone to indiscriminate bombing in the Middle East! :qq:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

"lol poors don't know how the economy works"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I guess Lesters toons are worth nothing since there are so many of them.

(Theyre actually worth less, even in a vacuum)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

*cracks knuckles*

Alright Lester let's loving hear it. How is it economically infeasible to provide tax-funded, post-secondary education to people? Cause you ain't strutting through my wheelhouse with this weak-rear end poo poo.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

The idea that "education being available to poors will devalue my own education :cry:" is fantastic since it betrays the myopic conservative view of education that it is simply a commodity to be used in leveraging a higher pay grade. Widespread higher education resulting in the advancement of human knowledge, science, culture and progress? Get the gently caress out of here with that liberal bullshit. I want my masses to be barely able to read.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tei posted:

Discourse is mentioned in the cartoon. Is not a reference to Discourse the forum? if not, then I was wrong, sorry.
It is a reference to literal discourse, because this is the debate forum.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Did this cartoon get here in a time machine from 2005? Even my parents have stopped complaining about sagging pants.
Also I don't understand the message at all

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

21 Muns posted:

This is an utterly foul cartoon, from the framing of preventing atrocities like gas attacks as "killing brown people" to the implication that Trump groping women isn't seriously evil. gently caress, even if Trump is killing brown people for no reason (and, to be fair to the cartoonist, he probably is, but the thing he's referring to in this comic, based on the talking points, is the airfield bombing in Syria, which isn't even killing anyone, let alone for no reason), that'd be better than him groping women; most presidents have killed brown people for no reason, but none of them have, AFAIK, violated women's boundaries before (except for Thomas Jefferson, I guess, but no one knew that at the time). War is lovely, but it's always been lovely; meanwhile, Trump is turning back women's rights to a time before our country's foundation, when they couldn't even vote. And this cartoon is just helping him right along by literally portraying his victims as inanimate objects.

I wish we were getting lovely hot take cartoons about Hillary instead of Trump. :smith:

"What's worse: Hillary killing brown people, or Hillary being a woman president?"
-Alternate Universe Cyansky Probably

*clears throat loudly*

*leans into microphone*

"21 The Muns"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Interview with Marty Two Bulls

quote:

Dueben: Your audience is a Native audience.

Two Bulls Sr.: That’s who I do it for. That’s my inspiration. You have to figure out who you’re making art for. I made this beautiful painting and some woman in California bought it. My people would have loved to have seen that painting, but they never will. It’s on some person’s wall in California. What I want to do is make artwork for my people to see. Many years ago I was at this Native person’s house and they had an old calendar on the wall that I had done back in ‘85. They cut off the calendar part but they kept the art. It was on the wall in an honored place in their living room. It just struck me that Native people can’t afford my art but they really wanted it or they were touched by it and I started thinking about that. The best way to reach people is through mass media.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Indeed! Investing in our human capital has helped this state tremendously. People who aren't painfully indebted off of college loans are more able to contribute to the economy by, you know, buying poo poo they can now afford.

Now, moving on, I'm not sure the economic necessity of a hack political cartoonist, but hey...I'm not a miracle worker here.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

HellCopter posted:

Did this cartoon get here in a time machine from 2005? Even my parents have stopped complaining about sagging pants.
Also I don't understand the message at all
I'm at work and don't want it in my search history anyway, but pretend I posted an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon to answer this.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Oh go choke on a corn dog.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trump can't handle foreign policy? It must be that nig-Kenyan Muslim African Communist Nazi Muslim dog-eating weakling dictator, Obummer's fault.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Technowolf posted:

Trump can't handle foreign policy? It must be that nig-Kenyan Muslim African Communist Nazi Muslim dog-eating weakling dictator, Obummer's fault.

Unfair to call him a weakling at this point. Throwing a grenade at your successor on the way out is a bold move.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Indeed! Investing in our human capital has helped this state tremendously. People who aren't painfully indebted off of college loans are more able to contribute to the economy by, you know, buying poo poo they can now afford.

Now, moving on, I'm not sure the economic necessity of a hack political cartoonist, but hey...I'm not a miracle worker here.

Even if they didn't we ultimately produced a better educated and more versatile workforce which will allow for increased creation of new technology! This contributes to America's growth as a world leader and improves our quality of life in the long run, something conservatives advocate wholeheartedly!"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That Branco makes no sense. In what way did Obama sabotage foreign policy on his way out?

It feels like the reality is more like Trump picked up the grenade and yanked the pin himself.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Technowolf posted:

If Trump really was Jesus he'd be able to put the pin back in time. What good do political cartoonists do again?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

the same day as Trump administration admits that Iran is complying with Obama's nuclear deal, nice work Branco

https://twitter.com/AP/status/854523686300397568

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 19, 2017

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Technowolf posted:

I wonder how long it takes to find a Branco cartoon accusing the Obama administration of blaming W for everything unfairly.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

In the moments just before the heat-death of the universe, Branco's ghost (which will kinda look like a klansman) will find some way to blame Obama.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

KillerQueen posted:

In the moments just before the heat-death of the universe, Branco's ghost (which will kinda look like a klansman) will find some way to blame Obama.

This is the way the universe ends
Not with a bang but a "thanks Obama"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

This is how I imagine Branco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjRvkPazwAI

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kaza42 posted:

:golfclap:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Lester, you'd have to be a pretty lovely economist to not get a free undergrad degree if it gave you the same hiring outcomes. Why don't you have one?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

The worst part about this cartoon is that it's not even really free.

It only covers tuition, not fees or room and board, which are the majority of expenses. It's only for people whose families make less than $125k a year, you have to take a minimum of 30 credits per year, and you aren't allowed to move or work outside of New York for the same number of years that you took the scholarship or all the money you got gets automatically converted into a loan that you're on the hook for

So if you went to school for 4 years and took advantage of the scholarship, you can't move elsewhere for at least 4 years without getting automatically hit with a huge debt burden on top of what you already have from fees + room & board

• Locked thread