Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mysterious frankie posted:

HEY I DO TOO GET OFF MY BACK GEEZ

:frog::respek::black101:

its cool friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

sneakyfrog posted:

:frog::respek::black101:

its cool friend

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

sneakyfrog posted:

i do like how guy up there handled it, no mask, and let them swing first. then its self defense! :byoscience:

Yeah thats a pretty good video.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/willmcwill2/status/854562432777191425

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
darn they cancelled the anne coulter speech at berkeley

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

whaley posted:

darn they cancelled the anne coulter speech at berkeley

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/UC-Berkeley-orders-cancellation-of-Ann-Coulter-11084299.php

niiiice.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Uh i think it's a bad idea to break into the Madrid armouries guys, the way to deal with this is to sit down with general Franco and invite him to our homes, open up a dialogue

Yes, a bunch of sadsacks aggressively chugging milk at minorities are a perfect analogue to a militarized force with no qualms about gunning people down in the street.

And if they aren't, by god we'll escalate and normalize the violence until they are!

Then you can show them the real power of the people

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Not a Step posted:

Yes, a bunch of sadsacks aggressively chugging milk at minorities are a perfect analogue to a militarized force with no qualms about gunning people down in the street.

And if they aren't, by god we'll escalate and normalize the violence until they are!

you have a very apathetic attitude friend, unlike pot gateway extremism is actually a thing.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

They keep drinking that milk and eventually they'll have diamond bones, then we're helpless against them.

You try punching a diamond skull. I've punched, like, four and every time it hurt like the dickens.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

You can't count on every alt right figure to be as self destructive as Milo or Richard Spencer. They don't care if a bunch of lobs mock them or make fun of them. They didn't get laughed out of auburn they were chased out. An implicit threat of violence was there. They feared the crowd.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

you have a very apathetic attitude friend, unlike pot gateway extremism is actually a thing.

This is one of the few times where I'll actually say ~the truth is in the middle~

Plenty of these people would happily gun down minorities in the streets if they felt able to do so with impunity. Some of them would step back from the brink before then. Some people--and these go unaccounted for far too often--would rise up from relative obscurity if we got to a point where open fascism and assaulting minorities were even more normalized. We live in a country that is built on slavery and genocide. This isn't just a rhetorical point, I say this because it's really easy for people to think America is better than this. It's not. There is definitely room for improvement and refining strategies. There is no one size fits all approach. Every situation will be different. However, they're the ones escalating in the vast majority of cases. Having people openly walking through the streets loudly talking about the inferiority of my race and how they'll "do away" with us, one of many things that I heard the other day? That's violence in and of itself. That is escalation, whether you like to admit it or not.

In an ideal world, this problem of white nationalist extremism would be generally recognized, and we'd have trained mental health professionals with experience in countering extremism and cult deprogramming working in task forces to proactively disarm these people. This wouldn't get all of them, by any means, but it would be a sizable blow. We do not live in that ideal world.

The main difference between the milk drinkers and more serious fascist militias is not intent. Numbers, strength, organization--all these things and more, for now, but their intent is every bit as deadly.

woke kaczynski has issued a correction as of 21:47 on Apr 19, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Not a Step posted:

hows that fund to pay for alt-right hospital bills going btw

when they go low.......

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Violence against nazis and nazi adjacents isn't violence, it's clearing the nation's throat.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

apokaladle posted:

This is one of the few times where I'll actually say ~the truth is in the middle~

Plenty of these people would happily gun down minorities in the streets if they felt able to do so with impunity. Some of them would step back from the brink before then. Some people--and these go unaccounted for far too often--would rise up from relative obscurity if we got to a point where open fascism and assaulting minorities were even more normalized. We live in a country that is built on slavery and genocide. This isn't just a rhetorical point, I say this because it's really easy for people to think America is better than this. It's not. There is definitely room for improvement and refining strategies. There is no one size fits all approach. Every situation will be different. However, they're the ones escalating in the vast majority of cases. Having people openly walking through the streets loudly talking about the inferiority of my race and how they'll "do away" with us, one of many things that I heard the other day? That's violence in and of itself. That is escalation, whether you like to admit it or not.

In an ideal world, this problem of white nationalist extremism would be generally recognized, and we'd have trained mental health professionals with experience in countering extremism and cult deprogramming working in task forces to proactively disarm these people. This wouldn't get all of them, by any means, but it would be a sizable blow. We do not live in that ideal world.

The main difference between the milk drinkers and more serious fascist militias is not intent. Numbers, strength, organization--all these things and more, for now, but their intent is every bit as deadly.

you folks always say is so much better than i, thanks.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/854774618917416960

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ann coulter has been at this a long time and if you've every actually read one of her books shes actually super loving boring. At least Rich is interesting in that hes really loving stupid.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

Ann coulter has been at this a long time and if you've every actually read one of her books shes actually super loving boring. At least Rich is interesting in that hes really loving stupid.

I actually read a couple of her books about a decade ago, when I was a kid and truly believed in hearing out both sides. It wasn't worth it.

My mom wasn't cured of that tendency to give them the benefit of the doubt until about 5 years ago. We were listening to conservative talk radio in the car, and the host was even then going on about how whites would be a minority by 2040, and what a tragedy that is. This didn't just spring out of nowhere. White supremacy never left us, this is just a particularly fascistic breakout.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apokaladle posted:

I actually read a couple of her books about a decade ago, when I was a kid and truly believed in hearing out both sides. It wasn't worth it.

My mom wasn't cured of that tendency to give them the benefit of the doubt until about 5 years ago. We were listening to conservative talk radio in the car, and the host was even then going on about how whites would be a minority by 2040, and what a tragedy that is. This didn't just spring out of nowhere. White supremacy never left us, this is just a particularly fascistic breakout.

they're not white supremacists, they're white nationalists

all they want is a nation, in which white people, are supreme

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
All those conservative/right wing books are pure poo poo and created with the sole purpose to rip off their idiot base. Nothing of worth can be found in their pages. Nothing.

It's an industry at this point, and a very lucrative one.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

apokaladle posted:

This is dumb because white people will never be a minority at any point, they'll just change the definition of who gets to be white. Its happened before and it will happen again.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Not a Step posted:

This is dumb because white people will never be a minority at any point, they'll just change the definition of who gets to be white. Its happened before and it will happen again.

Historically, yes, but if anything people are being pushed out of whiteness right now. Look at the spikes of virulent anti-semitism, for instance.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Montasque posted:

All those conservative/right wing books are pure poo poo and created with the sole purpose to rip off their idiot base. Nothing of worth can be found in their pages. Nothing.

It's an industry at this point, and a very lucrative one.
I stayed in an airbnb/vrbo with some friends over new years and they had a bunch of stuff for kids there including a children's book co-"written" by Bill O'Reilly

the last page goes: "Can I get a hug? Please?"

basically, Bill O'Reilly resents small children for occasionally wanting things without it being some kind of transaction

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Apr 19, 2017

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

apokaladle posted:

Historically, yes, but if anything people are being pushed out of whiteness right now. Look at the spikes of virulent anti-semitism, for instance.

Are they really spikes, or are they just the omnipresent background noise thats existed for generations getting more media coverage than usual?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/854811375532732416

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/722526879953981440

lol what a dweeb

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
but... I like chrono trigger...

maybe baloogan was right and I am a secret wimpsauce nazi

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Not a Step posted:

Are they really spikes, or are they just the omnipresent background noise thats existed for generations getting more media coverage than usual?

I mean, we have the hate crime reports from the SPLC for one. I personally weigh the anecdotal evidence of the experiences or my Jewish friends, though that cannot be quantified.

Not even Log Horizon, pathetic.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

good, stay there lucky

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

apokaladle posted:

Plenty of these people would happily gun down minorities in the streets if they felt able to do so with impunity.

just gonna take this opportunity to remind people that in the wake of katrina (because the government's response was essentially "huh?") there were roving gangs of thugs with long guns hunting innocent citizens of new orleans

[whispers] the thugs were white and the innocent citizens were black

right wing extremism has a long and unbroken history of intense violence, the spirit of lynching hasn't gone anywhere, it just learned to hide a bit better

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

but... I like chrono trigger...

maybe baloogan was right and I am a secret wimpsauce nazi

username "sneakypepe"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

HorseRenoir posted:

both Milo and Spencer were destroyed because the antifa blew up their profiles too quickly and they weren't ready to handle the increased scrutiny they got from normies. It's not an either/or thing, their own public profile hurt them but the antifa prevented them from reaching that point on their terms, leaving them alone in the spotlight without any serious preparation or support to sway normal audiences

Bill Maher says he's responsible for bringing down Milo. Just ask him.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

apokaladle posted:

If they could have held their load a little longer and focused on Islamic terrorism these guys could have wormed their way further into the mainstream. Instead they lashed out at Jews, Asians, etc right out of the gate.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Agag posted:

Bill Maher says he's responsible for bringing down Milo. Just ask him.

Right, but one of them was actually opposing them from the start, while the other would have been just as happy to get a new alt-right twink bestie (and did more to defend Milo in his supposed takedown.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

apokaladle posted:

I want to believe people were getting pushed out of whiteness. Being white was the dumbest idea that ever got way out of hand. Bust up the white bloc and give each of our separate groups its own special sausages and hat that represents centuries of sausage making and haberdashery tradition to obsess over and America would be better off.

Most people in the olive-to-pink spectrum just want their own special sausage and hat, then they settle down. <-That's wisdom right there. You are looking at wisdom.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

I want to believe people were getting pushed out of whiteness. Being white was the dumbest idea that ever got way out of hand. Bust up the white bloc and give each of our separate groups its own special sausages and hat that represents centuries of sausage making and haberdashery tradition to obsess over and America would be better off.

Most people in the olive-to-pink spectrum just want their own special sausage and hat, then they settle down. <-That's wisdom right there. You are looking at wisdom.

Absolutely. I'm a big believer in white abolition.

Agag posted:

If they could have held their load a little longer and focused on Islamic terrorism these guys could have wormed their way further into the mainstream. Instead they lashed out at Jews, Asians, etc right out of the gate.

It's a disease of the body politic, and it's virulent enough that it's triggering several immune responses.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Honestly I'd be fine with a racial excuse to beat up other white people. Okay, I'm 27% Irish, so I can spend that much of my time beating up those of English descent for the Boyne and the Famine; I'm 20% austrian so any time I see a Hungarian I'd better get ready to fight to avenge the Double Crown; 40% dachshund so I need to gently caress up any badger I see, and 10% english so I need to be punching myself in the face more than I currently am to show those drat bogtrotters a thing or two. The remaining 3% is basically a free space so I can use that for just general-purpose hostility

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
palmer luckey is making anime real? what a loving timeline

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

The sausage is important because it's more complicated & unique than a steak, but the individual also imagines they could make it themselves, if they felt like it.

The hat is something you need to see a special weirdo to buy.

I think a lot of "white nationalists" would gladly give up hating everyone if you gave them a sausage and a hat. Say to one "Look, you're mostly... Hungarian? Ok, so you're Hungarian now. Here is your sausage. It has a lot of paprika in it and is spicy and people generally react favorably to it. Go see this man about your hat. It has a ribbon." and they will be like "drat, I'm somebody now! Black people are ok I guess. Screw helping that German turd with the undercut hate people; I'm going to go buy my hat."

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The sausage is important because it's more complicated & unique than a steak, but the individual also imagines they could make it themselves, if they felt like it.

The hat is something you need to see a special weirdo to buy.

I think a lot of "white nationalists" would gladly give up hating everyone if you gave them a sausage and a hat. Say to one "Look, you're mostly... Hungarian? Ok, so you're Hungarian now. Here is your sausage. It has a lot of paprika in it and is spicy and people generally react favorably to it. Go see this man about your hat. It has a ribbon." and they will be like "drat, I'm somebody now! Black people are ok I guess. Screw helping that German turd with the undercut hate people; I'm going to go buy my hat."

While I think there is a legitimate grain of truth here, Hungary is not the first nation I would point to as being devoid of Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

apokaladle posted:

While I think there is a legitimate grain of truth here, Hungary is not the first nation I would point to as being devoid of Nazis.

Haha, well yeah but I'm basically just a German American so I gotta believe others will also take the sausage and hat over fascism and lovely music for the sake of my own equipoise.