Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Veotax posted:

They're both playable characters in the game, so maybe not? Assuming that the comic is once again only covering up to the events of the game. They could die in the game I guess.

Injustice 2 is about what happens after the events of the game, and I think is setting up the upcoming Injustice 2 video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TwoPair posted:

If his more "dangerous" potions only cause hair growth, I'm thinking this guy is kind of a lovely witchman.
YOU DARE??!

It's too dangerous because if you greedily use too much you end up as a wolfman in the carnival

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Injustice 2 is about what happens after the events of the game, and I think is setting up the upcoming Injustice 2 video game.

I know, I meant that Green Arrow and Black Canary are characters in the Injustice 2 game so they're probably not dying any time soon in the comic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Deadpool #29

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Read Supersons

Onmi fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 20, 2017

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Dude, the piece of rebar is right there.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Onmi posted:

Read Superman

Kal's son finding Damie Wayne to be an insufferable little dipshit makes him the most likable character in all of DC comics :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jean Grey #2 variant

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's a pretty great cover.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

zoux posted:

Jean Grey #2 variant

I think I need to decide what wall this is going on.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Pretty drat sweet, that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is someone following that comic supposed to know what's being talked about? It's a cool and funny broken telephone sequence but I was wondering if it's also about something specific.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

For all you kids who don't get the reference.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Lobok posted:

Is someone following that comic supposed to know what's being talked about? It's a cool and funny broken telephone sequence but I was wondering if it's also about something specific.

It's all (?) the hosts of the Phoenix Force.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I loving love the Phoenix getting all mad at the end there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I loving love the Phoenix getting all mad at the end there.

:same:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

I'm not that well versed in X-Men history but even I got that it's all the people connected to the Phoenix. Though I'm not sure where a couple like Quire and the Cuckoos come in on that. The others are the Phoenix Five, Rachel, and various versions of Jean.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quire was definitely connected to the phoenix during Endsong, where he was basically a gross zombie.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
On the one hand, God do I hate Endsong. On the other hand, Quentin Quire improves every story he's in, and God knows a Jean Grey ongoing will need all the help it can get.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

redbackground posted:

For all you kids who don't get the reference.

Meh, that guy's clearly an Alex Ross wannabe.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

There's been at least one time travel comic where QQ was a big time Hero and the host to the Phoenix force in the future.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's the Phoenix host in the all new X Men when the future X-team with grown up Molly and Iron Man Jr. Unless that's Endsong and y'all are already talking about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i seem to recall that at the end of the first qq story he ended up comatose and then his disembodied mind popped up in an unexplained assembly of phoenix hosts. maybe i'm mixing stories up, though?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

He's the Phoenix host in the all new X Men when the future X-team with grown up Molly and Iron Man Jr. Unless that's Endsong and y'all are already talking about it.

Nah, he wasn't on the Brotherhood team from the future but now that you mention it I think he's on the regular X-Men team as Phoenix when they travel to the future at one point in that series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I probably confused that. Anyway, I'm for sure he's a Phoenix host at some point, just maybe not when exactly.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Yeah, he was the Phoenix host when they went to the future as part of Battle of the Atom; it's also why the kid QQ was so mopey and emo at the end of WatX (before Wolverine died), since his future was set in stone or something dumb like that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Nah, he wasn't on the Brotherhood team from the future but now that you mention it I think he's on the regular X-Men team as Phoenix when they travel to the future at one point in that series.

He was on the team that featured Mustache Colossus and Gandalf Iceman, as the Phoenix host.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

Yeah, he was the Phoenix host when they went to the future as part of Battle of the Atom; it's also why the kid QQ was so mopey and emo at the end of WatX (before Wolverine died), since his future was set in stone or something dumb like that.

which is dumb as hell because both bishop and rachel grey have been running around for years and their alternate futures are dead.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

I'm not that well versed in X-Men history but even I got that it's all the people connected to the Phoenix. Though I'm not sure where a couple like Quire and the Cuckoos come in on that. The others are the Phoenix Five, Rachel, and various versions of Jean.

Is that Hope in between Rachel and Quire?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i seem to recall that at the end of the first qq story he ended up comatose and then his disembodied mind popped up in an unexplained assembly of phoenix hosts. maybe i'm mixing stories up, though?

Yeah, at the end of his arc in the Morrison X-comics his body was freaking out because he kept on taking mutant drugs and he eventually explodes and there's a scene of him joining the other Phoenix hosts in the White Hot Room.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I liked that whole scenario immediately after that when they try explain what happened.

"It appears that QQ has transcended this plane of existence. This is not a metaphor for death, this is literally what happened."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

X-O posted:

Quire's been covered, but the Cuckoos were host to the Phoenix during Phoenix: Warsong.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've always wondered how heroes deliver those mid-leap monologues.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Slow motion, but their mouths are exempted.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Talking is a free action.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

I liked that whole scenario immediately after that when they try explain what happened.

"It appears that QQ has transcended this plane of existence. This is not a metaphor for death, this is literally what happened."
The classic L. Ron Hubbard

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Edmund Lava posted:

Quire's been covered, but the Cuckoos were host to the Phoenix during Phoenix: Warsong.

IIRC, the survivng Cuckoos (3 out of 5) ended up having to keep their hearts shifted into diamond form to contain minute fractions of the Phoenix Force to keep it from reassembling and recycling Earth. Which didn't help the creepy psycho psychic clone vibe at all.

And thus they all collapsed when it came time to run-up for AvX, and every little bit of Phoenix everywhere said :byewhore: and reassembled (which it probably could have done at any time).

We need a Phoenix compilation that isn't just Jean Grey/clones/alternate versions/relatives and a few other mutants. Like the assorted Ghost Riders:

Ygolonac posted:

Ghost Rider is an entirely serious book, right?

I mean, demonic vengeance!

Silliness will not be tolerated by the Penance...

OK, fuckit, Lone Wolf McSkull it is. :suicide:

(All images from GR #39 33, in the Vicious Cycle run from 2005-9.) (six month late edit :toot:)

Bonus! Wile. E Coyote got nothin' on Flamehead.

(From GR #34 in the same run)

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Ygolonac posted:

IIRC, the survivng Cuckoos (3 out of 5) ended up having to keep their hearts shifted into diamond form to contain minute fractions of the Phoenix Force to keep it from reassembling and recycling Earth. Which didn't help the creepy psycho psychic clone vibe at all.

And thus they all collapsed when it came time to run-up for AvX, and every little bit of Phoenix everywhere said :byewhore: and reassembled (which it probably could have done at any time).

Ah, that explains it. I read Endsong a little bit ago for the first time and it mentioned that the side effect of the Cuckoos' hearts being diamond was that they would never feel any emotion again. I was wondering if that ever got fixed or the writers just forgot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Rochallor posted:

Ah, that explains it. I read Endsong a little bit ago for the first time and it mentioned that the side effect of the Cuckoos' hearts being diamond was that they would never feel any emotion again. I was wondering if that ever got fixed or the writers just forgot about it.

That was from Warsong, not Endsong. The same mini that revealed the Cuckoos were part of the Weapons Plus program, and clones/daughters of Emma Frost. I don't think any of that has ever been acknowledged beyond "that one time the Cuckoos were host to the Phoenix".