Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Houdini posted:

How bad is the Venom shotgun? :stare:

It's better than the Hornet?

That's the best thing I can say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

precision posted:

Earlier someone said Female HuEng says "pew pew" when she deploys a Turret and that doesn't happen in my game :(

Related, I got really high and decided to try a HuEng specced with max Assault Turret (with the Cryo/priming evo) and max Overload (because Incinerate doesn't detonate) and boy let me tell you Assault Turret on Gold is less than useless, holy poo poo.

I'm totally okay with some guns being awful on Gold but making powers that are awful on Gold is kind of a dick move. With so few classes (and with 6 of them gated behind getting Ultra Rare drops) every power should at least be marginally useful on every difficulty. I've played Gold with SalArch and Remnant VI actually seems remotely decent, at least in comparison.

Bring back Combat Drone, at least it shot missiles eventually.

And that's the story of how I ignore putting any points into any class that has the drone.
I think my engineer is specced for cryo, overload, and all the passives

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Combat Drones specced for Overload when combined with already buffed up Overloads were actually super useful on Gold and Plat in ME3, I miss them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Houdini posted:

How bad is the Venom shotgun? :stare:

The best thing about the venom is that it is not the zalkin, much like how the best thing about the zalkin is that it is not the venom.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah especially since the Drone would actively seek out enemies and draw aggro from much farther away (fond memories of Geth Primes wandering off to kill my Drone while I shot them in the back).

Houdini posted:

How bad is the Venom shotgun?

I think it depends on hosting/lag like it did in ME3MP, I've not tried it myself (though I do have it at rank 2 I think) but I've had some Gold games with people using it to good effect. Probably works really well to apply ammo powers I guess?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

precision posted:

Remnant VI is pretty much a reskinned combat drone. I think its the closest we'll get.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The modifiers to Apex missions where certain weapons get a 50% damage bonus feels like where weapons should be at as default.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

The modifiers to Apex missions where certain weapons get a 50% damage bonus feels like where weapons should be at as default.

The Revenant with the double ammo bug actually feels pretty great. You can actually kill something at medium range with a scope, but it takes some burst firing to get headshots to land. And you can just unload up close and tear through a couple of raiders or a good chunk of a berserker with a full clip.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Did we ever solve whether the double ammo bug used up both or just one?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It uses both.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Does it make me an rear end in a top hat when I try to vote kick some dude using an avenger and charger on the apex mission that gives +50 to snipers and -50 to everything else?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Does it make me an rear end in a top hat when I try to vote kick some dude using an avenger and charger on the apex mission that gives +50 to snipers and -50 to everything else?

If the guy's a vanguard then yeah probably. It has no impact on them at all.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Relentless posted:

The Revenant with the double ammo bug actually feels pretty great. You can actually kill something at medium range with a scope, but it takes some burst firing to get headshots to land. And you can just unload up close and tear through a couple of raiders or a good chunk of a berserker with a full clip.

Have you ever tried the ammo bug on a Revenant with a maxed out Soldier? A full clip, while on Turbocharge, kills 2 Berserkers.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

If the guy's a vanguard then yeah probably. It has no impact on them at all.

He was a human adept.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zakmonster posted:

Have you ever tried the ammo bug on a Revenant with a maxed out Soldier? A full clip, while on Turbocharge, kills 2 Berserkers.

drat. That's some serious poo poo

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah. While the ammo glitch is fun and all, I don't think they should buff all weapons to do double the damage they're currently doing. It will make the soldier classes seriously overpowered.

A 50% boost like in the Weapon Skirmish APEX missions might be a better guideline.

Or a large damage buff to semi-autos and a smaller damage buff for full autos and lowered accuracy bloom, so I don't waste half my bullets.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Did they change the way that dropped hosts work? I just had three matches where the hosts of the games changed to me in the middle of the match after someone dropped, without booting to the load screen or anything like that. And then everything went laggy as poo poo and we all died anyway.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A bit late, but the real tragedy of the new voices is the lack of krogan screaming and laughing in demented glee.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tran posted:

A bit late, but the real tragedy of the new voices is the lack of krogan screaming and laughing in demented glee.

RAAAGH!

HAW HAW HAWW

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

precision posted:

Earlier someone said Female HuEng says "pew pew" when she deploys a Turret and that doesn't happen in my game :(

Related, I got really high and decided to try a HuEng specced with max Assault Turret (with the Cryo/priming evo) and max Overload (because Incinerate doesn't detonate) and boy let me tell you Assault Turret on Gold is less than useless, holy poo poo.

I'm totally okay with some guns being awful on Gold but making powers that are awful on Gold is kind of a dick move. With so few classes (and with 6 of them gated behind getting Ultra Rare drops) every power should at least be marginally useful on every difficulty. I've played Gold with SalArch and Remnant VI actually seems remotely decent, at least in comparison.

Isn't Cryo evolution bugged and making the turret deal zero damage?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

The best thing about the venom is that it is not the zalkin, much like how the best thing about the zalkin is that it is not the venom.

The Zalkin is the worst gun to cheat with.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ephemeron posted:

Isn't Cryo evolution bugged and making the turret deal zero damage?

I've heard it works on the host, but it's useless for anyone not the host. Pro netcode there, bioware.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Ambaire posted:

I've heard it works on the host, but it's useless for anyone not the host. Pro netcode there, bioware.

seems to be this yeah, I only get damage assist points from my cryo turret when hosting, when joining it just gives me the occasional cryo combo assist.

it's p. much useless on silver even when it does damage too though so no reason to bother really

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Two Finger posted:

BIG MACHINE

GenericOverusedName posted:

God I miss Vorcha.

:same:

I'M ALIVE!

I have a comically old video card so I need to replace that before I join youse guys in Andromeda. On the whole, good?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
it's in need of a balance pass and stability patch but when it runs the way it's supposed to it's fun and good imo

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

:same:

I'M ALIVE!

I have a comically old video card so I need to replace that before I join youse guys in Andromeda. On the whole, good?

It's vanilla Diablo 3 good. It's good, and you can see where it could be great, but it's got some issues preventing it from getting there right now.

A solid netcode update and a couple balance updates and it will be way better, but it looks like they're only patching once a month to go through console certification.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wait for patches. Its worst problems are fixable but it has a lot of ground to cover to get there, and the one patch they released so far was a single step sideways. Whether or not its worst problems will be fixed is still up in the air: the devs seem have given no loving thought about what they were doing in general, as all of ME3's worst problems besides the controls have been dutifully replicated here. So I'm pretty skeptical of their ability to recognize problems. This is ignoring everything technical too.

Singleplayer's not worth it on its own, although it is worth playing if you already own the game, as there are some good parts to it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They better bring back better melee animations eventually

Like, it's pretty obvious they told some team that didn't know anything about ME3 to emulate MEA MP to a T and they of course missed a poo poo ton of the Little Things

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Can't wait for the new balance patch to loving kill melee damage, and nerf weapons some more.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Can't wait for the new balance patch to loving kill melee damage, and nerf weapons some more.

The only weapon that got nerfed was the vanquisher headshot multiplier bug.

The asstastic Mattock is still better than it was pre-damage nerf. It was firing at 1/3rd the expected rate due to a forced stop in the semiauto firing.

Not that there's not time for them to gently caress this up even more...

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/854879709502492672

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/855065120786886657

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

poetry again...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
note how he said different and not better tech

Hot Fixes!? On a throwaway multiplayer game?!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

As long as they leave at least a couple classes at a time brokenly strong so I can have fun with them until they actually balance the dumb game then whatever who cares they can do what they want

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ME:A's multi's still fun and all but we really lucked out with ME3's didn't we?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Im fine with waiting, I'm just stockpiling missions on the apex app for now.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

ME:A's multi's still fun and all but we really lucked out with ME3's didn't we?

It was released as a curiosity when nobody had any expectations for it and before some accountant at EA discovered they could raise quarterly lootbox profits by 2.6% if they made each class take 3x as long to level.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/1gL4XqkQOFU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
E:^^^ I should set that as my text notification sound and see who recognizes it

exquisite tea posted:

It was released as a curiosity when nobody had any expectations for it and before some accountant at EA discovered they could raise quarterly lootbox profits by 2.6% if they made each class take 3x as long to level.
They made enough money off ME3 that the loving servers are still running 5 years later and you can find a game with pretty much no waiting day or night. If EA wants to increase profit make it so you can buy specific weapons or characters or whatever. My Scorpion and Black Widow are still at level 4-ish in ME3 thanks to the RNG loving me over :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

E:^^^ I should set that as my text notification sound and see who recognizes it

They made enough money off ME3 that the loving servers are still running 5 years later and you can find a game with pretty much no waiting day or night. If EA wants to increase profit make it so you can buy specific weapons or characters or whatever. My Scorpion and Black Widow are still at level 4-ish in ME3 thanks to the RNG loving me over :argh:

Haven't gotten my saber past 4

• Locked thread