Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Yeah, after Jack's booze-fueled idiocy I'm definitely throwing my vote in for Rohan. I'd rather a vengeful loose cannon than either of those two lushes. At least when she flies off the handle it's going to include missiles flying at enemy assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

El Spamo posted:

Yeah, after Jack's booze-fueled idiocy I'm definitely throwing my vote in for Rohan. I'd rather a vengeful loose cannon than either of those two lushes. At least when she flies off the handle it's going to include missiles flying at enemy assets.

Yeah, she's a reckless loose cannon, but dammit she gets results!

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

As our resident drone wrangler I feel like I should vote Zack but gently caress it, Rohan.

... where, exactly, did she get a bunch of Rafales to replace the last ones? And can she hook us up?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

power crystals posted:

As our resident drone wrangler I feel like I should vote Zack but gently caress it, Rohan.

... where, exactly, did she get a bunch of Rafales to replace the last ones? And can she hook us up?

I'm thinking maybe she and her plucky sidekickwingman may have swiped them from the IAF on their way out the door.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tevery Best posted:

Soon-to-be-Active-Duty-Pilot Thunderlips asks: Could we please stop recruiting intel operatives at the local drunk tanks? Thanks in advance, brother.

Think of it this way.

Imagine your job is to understand and analyze geopolitical scenarios and strategic trends.

Now imagine you live in this batshit crazy near future.

What I'm saying is every intel analyst is a drunk because if they weren't they'd be in a padded room from trying to comprehend that which the human mind was not meant to withstand.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

We just made friends with India and we have a ground element. Zack attack

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Rohan , because it is to awesome not too.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

Soon-to-be-Active-Duty-Pilot Thunderlips asks: Could we please stop recruiting intel operatives at the local drunk tanks? Thanks in advance, brother.

Unfortunately our HR budget is rather small. As such I use Fiverr.com almost exclusively for our HR needs.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

There's the chance (ok, basically guaranteed eventuality) that Rohan flies off the handle and blows up something we'd rather she didn't, and maybe even holds some resentment against us personally for getting all the glory at no risk while she watched her friends die.

But gently caress it, how can we NOT hire her? Better that she fights the good fight and works through some of those issues while nominally on our side, and who knows she may even be able to settle down and find a new home with the Count.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Also voting Wing Commander Rohan! and if possible we should give her a home with us, it is the least we can do for all her work in Tibet.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Voting for Zack.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Roll with Rohan

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Zack

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Wing Commander Rohan

She and her friends took the J-20 missiles that would have been meant for us, we can do this small favor for her and her surviving friends!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Rohan. Let the Free State Redditors have Zack, he'll fit right in over there.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Rohan must ride to the aid of Goondor

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.
Rohanbis the finest aviatrix $5 can buy--it's a no brainer.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I vote for Rohan however she might be sour at us for not sending any fighters to help her airwing out against the J-20's

Can we straight up hire her into our merc group as a pilot?

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
One more vote for Zach. Rohan apparently stole the IAF's last, best fighters. We lose friends in high places when we hire her.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It was literally not our mission to go help her fighters. They went up knowing they were bait. If she has a problem with that, she can stay in India and take it up with her bosses.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Bogan strikes me as the kind of guy to get drunk and blab our plans to someone willing to share them with opposition forces.

Between Zack and Rohan I suspect Zack would be the more effective choice but screw it, I'm voting for Rohan because she deserves our support after she put herself in the line of fire.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Wing Commander Rohan. Let her take some attention off our ops and maybe get some satisfaction in the process.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
I want to hire Rohan, but i just get a bad feeling about the havoc she may cause if she snaps.

Voting for Zach as he's got intel hookups and seems the least like a liability.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zaodai posted:

It was literally not our mission to go help her fighters. They went up knowing they were bait. If she has a problem with that, she can stay in India and take it up with her bosses.

"On bad terms with the Indians" doesn't sound like she has a problem with having been used as bait so some piss ant mercs could blow the poo poo out of an airport. It sounds like she might have done something without the permission of her government that could have lead to a shooting war with the regional super power (regardless of how far into the resurgence of warlords they might be in). With no other information than what happened during that mission (what looked like a front-line squadron got annihilated) and what's on her card, its pretty safe to assume that she got cashiered and possibly exiled.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
Rohan since she's now an Ace Combat character.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Rohan

Also, Yooper, check your PMs.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
Was going to go with bogan but I pick Rohan because she somehow survived that clusterfuck and the fact her nation thrown her under the bus means she may as well be one of us now. Also how the hell did yooper make that slick legit looking news video? :psyduck:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

My mind is saying Rohan, but my heart... well is actually saying Rohan as well.

But the part of me that wants to see this LP get weird with it is saying we should sack up and Zack up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wing Commander Rohan

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Can we hire two?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rohan the horseRafalelord!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Can we hire two?

Not unless something bad happens to the first one. Then the slot opens up.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
More news from the region -

Times of India posted:

Lhasa

After a fierce battle in the skies over the Himalayas, official sources announced that that the Volunteers have successfully captured Lhasa. Air losses were heavy, with both sides losing nearly all planes committed to the action before the Lhasa airport was neutralized in heavy bombing. Observers on the ground reported that a reserve of older planes struck the decisive blow after more modern fighters had exhausted themselves in aerial dogfights. The Indian government continues to deny knowledge of this attack, claiming it was an independent action by a mercenary group.

"China revealed their true intent of endless expansion," said Prime Minister Narendra Modi in an official statement. "This victory assures the integrity of Indian sovereignty and regional security."

The claimed goal of the Volunteers was to place the Dalai Lama, who is nearing his hundredth birthday, back into power in Tibet. The ailing religious leader issued a brief statement of regret for the necessary deaths and hope for a peaceful future. The High Lamas have issued a statement rejecting Chinese authority over their religious traditions and that plans are already underway to secure the reincarnation of the current Dalai Lama when the time comes. With India issuing tepid statements refusing to support the new government, the political future of Tibet remains uncertain.

The National Democratic Alliance has issued an emergency military spending bill in the face of recent losses. The bill includes steps to decommission the Rafale fighter, a long time mainstay of the India Air Force, citing operational shortcomings. More controversially the bill includes several billion Rupees of funding for "military support services" in the form of secret contracts. Officials denied that any military funds would be spent on foreign private military contractors.

Wing Commander Rohan was honorably discharged after a closed session of the Committee of Defense became heated. Members of Parliament refused comment, but photos were taken of Rohan being removed from the building by security forces. Military sources confirmed she was in command of the air wing that took heavy losses, but denied that the losses lead to her removal.

China has declined to comment directly on events in Tibet. In various other official releases Beijing has claimed to retain control of all historically Chinese areas and that military redeployments were part of a long-term strategy of defending Chinese interests. They have also announced plans for a sixth-generation aircraft, "the finest in the world", to enter service within the next decade.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 20, 2017

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Pilot me with the callsign Maximum gently caress

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

My heart says Rohan

But my head says Zack, we desperately need the intel the drones can give us. It could be a critical advantage.

Some people may be thinking that Rohan might pop up and save the day by killing their Wedgetail, but any GM that won't screw the players by flattening their airbase for no reason also won't save their bacon for no reason by randomly killing the opposition's most dangerous asset.

However ! If Yooper is planning to do some super-secret advanced meta-RPG stuff to track Rohan's progress towards redemption or damnation, then absofragginglutely hire her !

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mllaneza posted:

Some people may be thinking that Rohan might pop up and save the day by killing their Wedgetail, but any GM that won't screw the players by flattening their airbase for no reason also won't save their bacon for no reason by randomly killing the opposition's most dangerous asset.

You're right, there's no way in hell that Rohan's set-up is going to help us, but it's a great avenue to give us some catharsis and to engage in some of the backstory that's been laid down.

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2023839_2196767,00.html

Apparently the world's current/real lithium powerhouse is Bolivia

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 20, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Zack is the best choice cuz drones, missiles, and intel assets. Intel points us where to be, and drones/missiles gives us a nice middle range between infantry and birds. Having Rohan's birds doesnt help us much if we don't know where to put them.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Rohan is just too good to pass up.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Rohan, the Dragonslayer will pierce the heart of the Dictator :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The Rohan bandwagon seems pretty dominant, but I like the arguments being made for Zack