Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Spoilers: everyone on Collider is pretending, it's the guys too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Yug posted:

Just find it annoying how they go out of their way to announce it to the world and try to desperately seek attention from it. I wouldn't care at all if they weren't all so obnoxious about it.

you sure your chronic lonely dick isn't just metastasizing to your brain?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

They announce their fake nerdery to the world, by talking about nerd stuff on youtube videos?

I think you got problems with women dude

When did I say that? The collider girl is obviously fake because they all are, but I'm talking about the girls who go out of their way either online or real life to bring up "nerd" topics and how such a geek THEY are and how THEY feel about all that nerd crap. It's classic obnoxious attention seeking behavior from girls whose heads are empty.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

monster on a stick posted:

Spoilers: everyone on Collider is pretending, it's the guys too.

Uh they can't be faking cause men are in capable of womanly duplicity.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

girth brooks part 2 posted:

you sure your chronic lonely dick isn't just metastasizing to your brain?

Why are you thinking about my dick so much?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yug posted:

When did I say that? The collider girl is obviously fake because they all are, but I'm talking about the girls who go out of their way either online or real life to bring up "nerd" topics and how such a geek THEY are and how THEY feel about all that nerd crap. It's classic obnoxious attention seeking behavior from girls whose heads are empty.

How is it different from the guys who are doing the same thing? They all just want payola from the movie studios and YouTube hits.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yug posted:

You accused powerful sex moves of this heinous crime of being a fake nerd for... talking about Star Wars in this, the thread for talking about Star Wars

Seriously dude, you have issues with women

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

How is it different from the guys who are doing the same thing? They all just want payola from the movie studios and YouTube hits.

You need to try reading better. I'm not talking about the collider chick, who at least is nice to look at. I'm talking about the chicks who latch on to nerd topics because they're plain looking and they think it will give them some extra attention.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

You accused powerful sex moves of this heinous crime of being a fake nerd for... talking about Star Wars in this, the thread for talking about Star Wars

Seriously dude, you have issues with women

No, she ran into the thread as fast as she could to play victim and soak up as much attention as she could. Classic behavior.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Yug posted:

Why are you thinking about my dick so much?

just trying to do you a favor since you seem real mad no one else is

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

just trying to do you a favor since you seem real mad no one else is

Okay then weird dick obsessed dude.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yug posted:

You need to try reading better. I'm not talking about the collider chick, who at least is nice to look at. I'm talking about the chicks who latch on to nerd topics because they're plain looking and they think it will give them some extra attention.

Again, how is it different from guys who are also trying to cash in from stupid nerds who are desperate for validation?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yug posted:

Who hurt you, Yug? Who hurt you?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Again, how is it different from guys who are also trying to cash in from stupid nerds who are desperate for validation?
I'm not even talking about paid youtubers, how are you so dense??

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
It doesn't have to be like this Yug. Throw on some killer pumps, get your hair done, and I'm sure there's line of lonely truckers out there that would be happy as hell to give you a squeeze

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao yeah """"""nerd girl"""""" where is ur visible jack skellington tattoo?? faker

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Paladinus posted:

Except what is this senate? Maybe it used to be like EU parliament or UN, so most people just didn't care what was going on there, until the whole Empire thing. The senate was also just several thousand people, mind.

E: Another Nerd Crew/real-life shills montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Jn0ZihMgw

It's like poetry...

IT RHYMES

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boy, it's hard to even watch those carefully edited 10 second clips of those Collider douchebags.

How can people sit and watch them for any length of time without gouging their eyes out?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

It doesn't have to be like this Yug. Throw on some killer pumps, get your hair done, and I'm sure there's line of lonely truckers out there that would be happy as hell to give you a squeeze

Ah very nice transphobia, exquisite. Good one dick obsessed dude.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pretending to like Star Wars because you're getting paid is a million times better than genuinely liking Star Wars

The Gospel According to Saint Goodbody

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Yug posted:

Ah very nice transphobia, exquisite. Good one dick obsessed dude.

What's transphobic about lot lizards? You doing you obviously isn't working out, and I just want you to be the best you can be

And calling someone dick obsessed in the RLM thread isn't exactly a sick own

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I can tell Rich's fiance isn't faking her geek interests because she's ugly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
STAR WARS! I loving LOVE STAR WARS!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Space Taxi posted:

She makes me nervous because she might like star wars more than me

This can not stand

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

let's beat this yug guy up and suck his dick while he cries

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Space Taxi posted:

Also she looked completely disinterested in whatever poo poo he was playing. Maybe she should play Mass Effect Andromeda with him.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Also she looked completely disinterested in whatever poo poo he was playing. Maybe she should play Mass Effect Andromeda with him.

I think living with rich full time is really wearing on her. She looked really annoyed with just being in his presence.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like Karen on the pre rec streams though. She seems a lot smarter than rich.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Jack just said TFA was better than RotJ.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Well Jack is an idiot.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Jack has an infected tooth and is on pain killers. He's delirious.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
RotJ is a pretty lovely movie tbf

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the only thing people seem to not like about rotj is ewoks, but they never really bothered me much. so what if they're teddy bears? the point was them beating the empire was like a little bighorn type thing except with a happy ending for the indians assuming the imperial remnant didn't return to the planet eventually and bomb it from orbit out of spite. i know i would have.

although i wonder if at the time of writing return of the jedi, before all the books and games and poo poo, the imperial fleet at endor was supposed to be like, basically the whole imperial fleet.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pretty sure Mike said this in the TFA HITB as well. Or maybe said it as Plinkett.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mulaney Power Move posted:

the only thing people seem to not like about rotj is ewoks, but they never really bothered me much. so what if they're teddy bears? the point was them beating the empire was like a little bighorn type thing except with a happy ending for the indians assuming the imperial remnant didn't return to the planet eventually and bomb it from orbit out of spite. i know i would have.

The Ewok parts are the boring parts. It's that simple.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Episode 8 will have C-3P0 reading to a sick Ewok in bed as a framing device for the story.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

The Ewok parts are the boring parts. It's that simple.

the unbearable barrage of alien languages in the first half of the movie is pretty bad

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

the unbearable barrage of alien languages in the first half of the movie is pretty bad

gently caress off Jabba's palace is awesome.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
If you listen to their ROTJ commentary track there is definitely some contempt for a good chunk of the movie.

You also learn in their Alien commentary that Jay and Mike think Aliens is overrated. They're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

aliens is on par with starship troopers, but i would give starship troopers the edge because of satire and having more of a sense of humor. still both fun and good movies, though.

• Locked thread