Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qI-nM4xnWY

Happy :420: Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

haveblue posted:

The discerning gamer knows there's only one razor that matters

More like

https://twitter.com/dodaistewart/status/852708315650019328

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Bomberman series is really going to some weird places.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I stayed up late last night finishing a VN I didn't even care for that much (Steins; Gate 0) and now I regret my life choices.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played and streamed an awful terrible video game that was gifted to me by a friend. What did everyone else do tonight? I hope whatever you did, you had fun doing it, and if you didn't have fun, then I hope you have something fun planned for yourself as a treat to help cheer yourself up. Sometimes it's that little treat that helps to keep you going for another day.

As for me, I'm tired, so chances are I'm gonna konk out here soon-ish. I hope all of you get a good night's rest, whenever it is that you end up actually going to sleep.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

I played and streamed an awful terrible video game that was gifted to me by a friend. What did everyone else do tonight? I hope whatever you did, you had fun doing it, and if you didn't have fun, then I hope you have something fun planned for yourself as a treat to help cheer yourself up. Sometimes it's that little treat that helps to keep you going for another day.

As for me, I'm tired, so chances are I'm gonna konk out here soon-ish. I hope all of you get a good night's rest, whenever it is that you end up actually going to sleep.

The true lesson of Persona 5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

I played Guilty Gear

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which one and as who

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

Thank you.

I'm trying to decide if I want to sober up and drink water before I go to bed, or succumb to fatigue and risk the hangover monster atm

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

Triangle is one of my favorite time travel movies and it's a shame that it doesn't seem to have the exposure or clout of movies like Primer or Timecrimes.
Triangle is alright. The setting is cool, but the twist involving the autistic son felt a little exploitative to me, like it was there for shock value more than anything. That said, I thought it was better than Primer. Neither really approaches Timecrimes for me though.

The worst time travel movie I've seen is probably Presdestination. Despite the best efforts from everyone involved, it's just too impossible of a premise to take even remotely seriously. "I'll get a sex change, travel through time, and impregnate myself to become my own father AND my own mother!"

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 20, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Triangle is one of my favourite horror movies, I never really considered it a time travel movie though, more a Twilight Zone trapped in your own personal hell thing.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, I had never thought to pair coffee and curry before but thanks to Persona I think it will enter my regular rotation

Prepare to poo poo.

FirstAidKite posted:

I went out and played my second session of a Pathfinder campaign! With real people!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Happy High Holiday :350:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

I did a legacy cube draft of Magic and made a fun deck. Did a play where I had an angel save the life of a squirrel summoner which resulted in even more squirrels and then I used those squirrels along with some soldiers and ghosts to make a very big robot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even after all these years, seeing Sonic next to that realistic princess in Sonic 06 is mind-breaking all on its own, nevermind that they go on to have a romance. His loving hand is bigger than her entire head!!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Even after all these years, seeing Sonic next to that realistic princess in Sonic 06 is mind-breaking all on its own, nevermind that they go on to have a romance. His loving hand is bigger than her entire head!!!

It's funny that Shadow the Hedgehog is supposed to be a badass while wearing giant goofy Micky Mouse gloves.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

I played and streamed an awful terrible video game that was gifted to me by a friend. What did everyone else do tonight?

i went to tokyo today because the new i :h: eevee dolls came out at crane catcher, and then i realized i picked up some kind of nasty cold somewhere in the past few days when it hit me in the middle of the day, so i went home early and now i'm watching the last season of house while i fight off a nasty fever...

... but not before i won them :smug:

http://www.bpnavi.jp/toru/item/37307

i also told some guy to step the gently caress off because he tried to take my machine just as i was about to win that flareon, much thanks to haier and the no why thread for teaching me power word: kill vs chinese tourists

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 20, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

It's funny that Shadow the Hedgehog is supposed to be a badass while wearing giant goofy Micky Mouse gloves.

Hey, it worked for Vegeta.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjuhnuwFBQw

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ah yes, the one good Sonic cartoon. Well, until Sonic Boom that is.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Flinthook seems pretty good from what I've played. I'm also loving the art direction.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The White Dragon posted:

i went to tokyo today because the new i :h: eevee dolls came out at crane catcher, and then i realized i picked up some kind of nasty cold somewhere in the past few days when it hit me in the middle of the day, so i went home early and now i'm watching the last season of house while i fight off a nasty fever...

... but not before i won them :smug:

http://www.bpnavi.jp/toru/item/37307

i also told some guy to step the gently caress off because he tried to take my machine just as i was about to win that flareon, much thanks to haier and the no why thread for teaching me power word: kill vs chinese tourists

Its 'Taiwan No.1' right.?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh poo poo, Better Call Saul season 3 started.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Palpek posted:

Oh poo poo, Better Call Saul season 3 started.

It's good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a few hours of Undertale last night, due to never having gotten the genocide ending. gently caress I'd forgotten how good it is

The first time through I was a little annoyed by the combat because I was bad at it, but now I'm better and it's just such a great system!

So good!

e: Not happy about killing my dog friends though :( :shittydog::shittypop:

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 20, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Genocide's gonna make you stop having fun with the game I imagine :P

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I wrote up D&D characters for some friends. We're starting a campaign in a week or two, it's their first time ever playing, so I'm excited.

It's going to be a mix of Earthbound, kick rear end 80's movies like Conan and Escape From New York (actually, like a lot of Carpenter flicks), and probably some Zelders. My rule is "Could this scenario be used in a really cool 80's movie?"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mutata posted:

Gearbox is most likely doing just fine and showed Borderlands 3 vis dev footage at GDC this year. Their latest run of stumbles has been interesting, and I bet Battleborn could've done way better if it didn't launch vs Overwatch and cleaned up the UI a bit, but I doubt they'll be gone any time soon. The studio is certainly not going to go out of business.

I hope you're very wrong

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I stayed up late last night finishing a VN I didn't even care for that much (Steins; Gate 0) and now I regret my life choices.
Play a good VN instead like House in Fata Morgana as a palate cleanser.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

Genocide's gonna make you stop having fun with the game I imagine :P

you might even say he's gonna have a bad time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOnkmvBUe30

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I don't know if I should start watching it or binge when the entire season is out. I'll probably watch the first episode either way though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

Play a good VN instead like House in Fata Morgana as a palate cleanser.

I can only play Vita or other handheld device ones unless under extreme conditions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

mutata posted:

Gearbox is most likely doing just fine and showed Borderlands 3 vis dev footage at GDC this year. Their latest run of stumbles has been interesting, and I bet Battleborn could've done way better if it didn't launch vs Overwatch and cleaned up the UI a bit, but I doubt they'll be gone any time soon. The studio is certainly not going to go out of business.

It's hard to say Battleborn would have done well even without the comparisons to Overwatch. I mean visually it resembled Overwatch in a low-budget kind of way, which certainly didn't help, but it was actually competing against MOBAs, which are already a saturated genre and I'm guessing not one conducive to "feminism is awesome" one-liners.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VN chat reminded me Danganronpa 3 is out already in Japan, does anyone know if it's worth looking forward to

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I can only play Vita or other handheld device ones unless under extreme conditions.
I thought Fata Morgana was on iOS but it looks like that was JP only :goleft:

It's worth it though!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't hold out a ton of hope since everything after the second game (and including depending) was awful but I'll still buy it anyway. Hopefully being a completely new story will pull it out if the doldrums.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't suppose there've been any Undertale-likes?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish the capcom jojo part 3 game was available on steam.

I also wish that ZZ was a playable character in it because it'd be fun to beat up other people as a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35jSsqKDQB8

More fighting games need to let you beat up people as cars. What was that one fighting game where you can play as a racecar and it just walks around on its back wheels while punching with its front wheels?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope you're very wrong

Hey, cool! I'm glad you're so jazzed about literally hundreds of people losing their income and jobs, some of whom I know personally, neat yeah man.

:waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really liked Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and the presequel, so I am hoping for a fun Borderlands 3 as well.

• Locked thread