Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BEEP I CAN SEE BY YOUR FEET THAT YOUR DICK IS SMALL AND WOULD NOT SATISFY A WOMAN.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Fluoride Jones posted:

protestors should just squat in Mar-a-lago at this point anyway. baby huey only cares about golf

they won't have much longer before mar-a-lago closes for the season next month

(he will then be going to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminister, NJ instead)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
now if the shoes had solar panels to power the vibrating prostate massager in my rear end, now we're fuckin cookin

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yinlock posted:

BEEP I CAN SEE BY YOUR FEET THAT YOUR DICK IS SMALL AND WOULD NOT SATISFY A WOMAN.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nichael posted:

ha ha i'm glad the political leaders of our time are so much more fashionable

thernobitch on that ancient alien rant innit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BEEP HELLO I AM DAVE'S SMARTSHOE, HE IS A VIRGIN WITH A SMALL PENIS, YOU WOULD DO WELL TO LOOK ELSEWHERE BEEP

"smartshoe you are literally ruining my life"

BEEP

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i got this cool new shirt that tells me if i need to breathe, and these new underwear that, get this, are able to detect when i need to poop, before it even comes out!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Very economical use of a luggage strap as a belt.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Yinlock posted:

this has nothing to do with "capital" and everything to do with dumbassery

If you don't think that big huge businesses have a vested interest in the quantification of the body and selling us on further quantification of bodies and casting doubts about our abilities to manage those bodies without their products, then I just do not k ow what to tell you, yinny.

*Checks Fitbit, announces number of steps to the room*

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

he fancies the jeans with the pocket too small to hold an ipod shuffle

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

If you don't think that big huge businesses have a vested interest in the quantification of the body and selling us on further quantification of bodies and casting doubts about our abilities to manage those bodies without their products, then I just do not k ow what to tell you, yinny.

*Checks Fitbit, announces number of steps to the room*

there's a difference between that and a shoe that tells you what you're feeling

it's just idiotic sorry

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is that, contemporary conformist, no?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

there's a difference between that and a shoe that tells you what you're feeling

it's just idiotic sorry

It's idiotic and it is selling well because we are more than willing to surrender our ability to determine if we are tired or not to our shoes.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

VectorSigma posted:

i got this cool new shirt that tells me if i need to breathe, and these new underwear that, get this, are able to detect when i need to poop, before it even comes out!

yeah i've got those clothes, basically i stop breathing and pooping if i'm not wearing them at all times.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its an industry about inventing things people never thought they needed, and often dont, funded by venture capital, of all the things you can say have nothing to do w/capital, my god, my god...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

It's idiotic and it is selling well because we are more than willing to surrender our ability to determine if we are tired or not to our shoes.

selling well to who

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if you're loving stupid enough to need a shoe to tell you when you're tired then it was probably a justified purchase

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

smoke weed 4/20 on the best coast

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D3PGN8Xtu0

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

selling well to who

To the sort of people who announce how many steps they got in to a disinterested room, which is a fair number of people considering how well Fitbit and copycats are selling. Underarmor isn't the only brand with smart shoes. Nike has them too. And considering that video has underarmor saying they are on the third generation and have three models of shoes, it must be a successful line.

People love not having to think about poo poo and having some number spit out to tell them that they got enough sleep or not or they are tired.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Some of our brightest minds are dedicating their prime years to the unwanted excesses of silicon valley, let's show some respect for their dedication

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Underarmor isn't the only brand with smart shoes. Nike has them too. And considering that video has underarmor saying they are on the third generation and have three models of shoes, it must be a successful line.

lol

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I mean, yeah, I think the users are dumb but since when is dumb users mutually exclusive from capital?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lorn Wayne posted:

yeah i've got those clothes, basically i stop breathing and pooping if i'm not wearing them at all times.

same, but keep breathing and pooping constantly

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

To the sort of people who announce how many steps they got in to a disinterested room, which is a fair number of people considering how well Fitbit and copycats are selling. Underarmor isn't the only brand with smart shoes. Nike has them too. And considering that video has underarmor saying they are on the third generation and have three models of shoes, it must be a successful line.

People love not having to think about poo poo and having some number spit out to tell them that they got enough sleep or not or they are tired.

big data internet of all things man, god you're so behind the times!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sorry i'm not going to contribute people buying fuckin' tiredness-detecting shoes to the omnipresent force of ~capital~

at that point it's just natural selection

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

same, but keep breathing constantly

sounds like torture, my condolences

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Some of our brightest minds are dedicating their prime years to the unwanted excesses of silicon valley, let's show some respect for their dedication

fuk them they could be posting in cspam

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, man, it is pretty craaaazy to think capital markets hard to convince people they need dumb poo poo in their lives. I'm crazy! Somebody get me a luggage belt and some fresh squeezed bagged celery

Fidel Castronaut fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 20, 2017

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lorn Wayne posted:

sounds like torture, my condolences

i'd like it all to end, but i can't afford the chair that will tell me when im dead

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yinlock posted:

sorry i'm not going to contribute people buying fuckin' tiredness-detecting shoes to the omnipresent force of ~capital~

aaaaaaaæææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææ

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yeah, man, it is pretty crazy to think capital markets hard to convince people they need dumb poo poo in their lives. I'm crazy! Somebody get me a luggage belt and some fresh squeezed bagged celery

no i'm drawing the line at these shoes sorry

I am incapable of feeling any kind of empathy for anyone who bought these shoes losing their money

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yinlock posted:

Stupid bullshit techno luxury goods are capital as gently caress

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solarin posted:

Stupid bullshit techno luxury goods are capital as gently caress

is the shoe really luxury though

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I'm not soliciting for empathy you silly yinny. I'm just observing the weird way that capital takes interest in our bodies. It's like foucauldian or something. Biopower.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Yinlock posted:

is the shoe really luxury though

look unless i maintain 40 steps a minute i explode, so no it isn't a luxury so much as a necessity.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'm not soliciting for empathy you silly yinny. I'm just observing the weird way that capital takes interest in our bodies. It's like foucauldian or something. Biopower.

fair enough, sorry

i think something about these shoes shattered my mind

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Valentino sneakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

look unless i maintain 40 steps a minute i explode, so no it isn't a luxury so much as a necessity.

goondolences

• Locked thread