Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Coffee And Pie posted:

I just bought a bath bomb on Etsy that's shaped like a skull and turns the bath blood red :black101:

That's weird as poo poo. Just this morning I was checking instagram and had a recommended post where some random chick posted one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Ah yes Bone Fone, my rejected name proposal for Tinder.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

strangemusic posted:

Ah yes Bone Fone, my rejected name proposal for Tinder.
Should've suggested it to a NSFW hardware company.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Solid Cake posted:

AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones

That's way too many Z's for me to take the product seriously

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

That's way too many Z's for me to take the product seriously

Can i interest you in a member of the Razer family of Productz?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
What's z problem with z naming convention of z product

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I bought a TV:

Soon I can look at lovely let's plays in glorious 4k HDR.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Solid Cake posted:

And a pair of those conductive bone headphones to wear at work so I can listen to music or podcasts without bothering anybody and also be able to hear the phone or whatever. I've only used them briefly at the end of the day yesterday and to the grocery on my way home from work, but I'm pretty impressed so far.

AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones

These are good; I use them on my bike because they don't block external noise (if the volumes not maxed, anyway)

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

1080 TI. Now I can have ALL the pixels.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Phosphine posted:

I bought a TV:

Soon I can look at lovely let's plays in glorious 4k HDR.

Dang how thin is that? Mines like an inch thicker than that this is bullshit.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I got my LG LCD 47" 1080p back in 2007, so it is thick and heavy.

Not a single dead pixel yet though!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Logitech K400 Plus, because my current couch keyboard/mouse situation is bush league.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I haven't bought this yet, but holy crap do I want it. Never seen anything like it before and apparently they're super hard to find, and one just popped up on local Craigslist.

Remo Mondo 14x7.5 - it's a snare drum with a djembe/hand drum head on it so you can play it with sticks, hands, brushes, rods, whatever and flip the strainer on or off to make it snappy vs. sounding more like a traditional djembe. Also that finish is sweet.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I bought a five year old game and holy poo poo am I bad at it.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Got a Sony TC-D5M for dirt cheap, with a fancy stereo microphone included.

Gotta love those VU meters!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

evobatman posted:

Got a Sony TC-D5M for dirt cheap, with a fancy stereo microphone included.

Gotta love those VU meters!

sweet! Yes to VU meters on everything.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

strangemusic posted:

I haven't bought this yet, but holy crap do I want it. Never seen anything like it before and apparently they're super hard to find, and one just popped up on local Craigslist.

Remo Mondo 14x7.5 - it's a snare drum with a djembe/hand drum head on it so you can play it with sticks, hands, brushes, rods, whatever and flip the strainer on or off to make it snappy vs. sounding more like a traditional djembe. Also that finish is sweet.

I've got a remo djembe that I've had for almost 10 years now. Very highly recommend.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought a sun roof for my SUV. And of course it's suppose to rain all week and weekend.
My wallet hurts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I rip through my socks every couple months and it sucks. I bought some Darn Tough socks but they are too thick. I like mine to be really thin. Does anyone make thin and tough socks? I walk a lot.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mu Zeta posted:

I rip through my socks every couple months and it sucks. I bought some Darn Tough socks but they are too thick. I like mine to be really thin. Does anyone make thin and tough socks? I walk a lot.

Bombas. They're my favorites.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

I got some of the smartwool "light" crew socks and theyre very thin. Dont know how they compare to darn tough though. Ive been quite happy with them.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Kilometers Davis posted:

I have a bunch of Bombas merino wool socks and they're the best socks I've ever owned

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

I bought a sun roof for my SUV. And of course it's suppose to rain all week and weekend.
My wallet hurts.

Excuse my ignorance but... an aftermarket sunroof? How the heck does that work???

I'm assuming fitting isn't quite the image of someone going at a car roof with a sawzall that I've got in my head!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yes aftermarket. I honestly don't know how it works exactly. When I bought my Jeep from Enterprise in February they mentioned they can send it out to aftermarket to add whatever else I want. they have access to the same places dealers send cars to. It takes a day to install and a day to set.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kilometers Davis posted:

Good god these are expensive. The pictures also make them look a little thick.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mu Zeta posted:

Good god these are expensive. The pictures also make them look a little thick.

They're worth it honestly, and I'm someone who absolutely hates expensive clothing of any kind. I wouldn't say they're thick. I live in Florida and am usually hot unless I'm basically naked under an a/c vent and I've never felt like they were thick or hot or anything like that. Just very comfortably fitting and durable. I've had these since Christmas and they still fit like new socks.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Mu Zeta posted:

What kind of Darn Tough socks did you have? The running/cycling socks they offer are nice and don't seem any thicker than other athletic socks. Obviously their lifestyle and hiking stuff is thicker, but their ultralight models are nice.

I wear DeFeet and Swiftwick brands that I've acquired through years of cycling, but my one pair of DT socks are fine. I don't wear them much because they don't look good on the bike.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Waiting on this to be delivered today to replace my stock platter drive in my PS4.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

2017 Crosstrek Premium. Been many years since I bought brand new.

Also built a new computer, but's a ton of poo poo to list. Will just say a 1080 TI and a 7700K are loving awesome.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

flosofl posted:

Waiting on this to be delivered today to replace my stock platter drive in my PS4.

You're gonna get mad at all the space that disappears to apparently nothing. I put a 240GB SSD in my PS4, and the system shows 170GB available. I don't think the PS4 operating system is 70GB.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Does that have the same kind of effect on game loading times as it does on everything on a pc? I assume disc based games would still be slow, but I really don't know how much data gets transferred to the drive when you play a game.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Digital Jedi posted:

Yes aftermarket. I honestly don't know how it works exactly. When I bought my Jeep from Enterprise in February they mentioned they can send it out to aftermarket to add whatever else I want. they have access to the same places dealers send cars to. It takes a day to install and a day to set.

Be warned, sunroofs have the ability to get clogged occasionally and need to be cleared out, fairly common. The water channels overflow and it pours water on the headliner and sunroof wiring and shorts the whole enchilada out, less common and even less fun to deal with. Pine needles seem to be the worst culprit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

When I was car shopping in January, I asked my friends who had cars with sunroofs and they said it wasn't worth the trouble of looking for one.

Did they lie to me???

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
25 oz Laken thermo water bottles: http://www.lakenusa.com/product_p/te7r.htm. It gets hot in here (up to 42-43ºC in summer) and having cold water to drink is a godsend. Works really well, too, even when kept under the sun for hours the water inside is still refrigerated. Also, since it has a vacuum layer there's no condensation and you can carry it in a bag with papers or whatever without getting everyting wet. Slightly heavier than a normal bottle, of course, but I guess it's to be expected since it's aluminium stainless steel. In any case, it's not a backbreaker, either. Really happy with it.

Shellception has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Apr 20, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

RandomZero posted:

2017 Crosstrek Premium. Been many years since I bought brand new.

Also built a new computer, but's a ton of poo poo to list. Will just say a 1080 TI and a 7700K are loving awesome.

These goofy cars seem awesome. Did you get a CVT? That's my only worry.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Does that have the same kind of effect on game loading times as it does on everything on a pc? I assume disc based games would still be slow, but I really don't know how much data gets transferred to the drive when you play a game.

Unless he has a PS4 pro it won't make as much of a difference as you'd expect. The Normal (and launch) PS4 hard drive runs on SATA 2, while the Pro is on SATA 3. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-is-it-worth-upgrading-your-ps4-with-an-ssd

That said, all games install completely to the HD now; a disc version just saves you the download and is used as a license check.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jiru posted:

25 oz Laken thermo water bottles: http://www.lakenusa.com/product_p/te7r.htm. It gets hot in here (up to 42-43ºC in summer) and having cold water to drink is a godsend. Works really well, too, even when kept under the sun for hours the water inside is still refrigerated. Also, since it has a vacuum layer there's no condensation and you can carry it in a bag with papers or whatever without getting everyting wet. Slightly heavier than a normal bottle, of course, but I guess it's to be expected since it's aluminium. In any case, it's not a backbreaker, either. Really happy with it.
What makes that better than any of the other vacuum sealed water bottles out there?

Also your bottle is made of stainless steel, that's why it's heavy. Aluminum is light.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Josh Lyman posted:

What makes that better than any of the other vacuum sealed water bottles out there?

I can't see where they claimed that it was.

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face

Josh Lyman posted:

When I was car shopping in January, I asked my friends who had cars with sunroofs and they said it wasn't worth the trouble of looking for one.

Did they lie to me???

I have a moonroof and love it. If you use it a lot, it's good to make sure the tracks are clean. Leaves and other debris get stuck in them but they're easy to either vacuum or blow out. Mine started leaking into my back seat a few years ago when there is a heavy rainstorm but I give next to no shits since my car is 13 years old. Well that and I have pleather seats so every time it happens it's just an excuse to clean them.

My A/C also hasn't worked for about 8 years and in the summer it's nice to have the moonroof and back windows open on the highway. Keeps me less sweaty. Plus, moon/sunroofs just look :cool:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

The Ferret King posted:

I can't see where they claimed that it was.

I.. didn't? It's the first one I have had, anyway. Not much to compare it to.

And yes, it's steel, not aluminum. My mistake there. Their aluminum ones aren't thermo, just normal water bottles.