Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/BeautifulRudePandaSaltBae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is the crossbow at least nearly completely silent? I can see it kinda being useful there.

e: also I still think that remote bombs and maybe some sort of trip alarm could be cool in this game

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
New patch owns. Just got my third solo win with a UMP w/ aimpoint scope.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The new patch has a metric shitheap of performance improvements. It's a world of difference FPS wise.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this is what EA was supposed to be like *sobs incoherently*

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I wonder how upset people will be about fields being fields instead of traps for people who run the game with high settings.

Personally I'm more than happy to not wonder whether the cover I'm hiding behind is actually working to hide me

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
The foliage changes are very good. My favourite little snipers foxhole on top of the hill near the ruins is way better now with a bit of grass cover.

Man, the Vector loving trucks you early too. Beasty little thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty stoked to not have my gun clip through the wall I'm hiding against

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
This is a very good patch.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Songbearer posted:

I wonder how upset people will be about fields being fields instead of traps for people who run the game with high settings.

Personally I'm more than happy to not wonder whether the cover I'm hiding behind is actually working to hide me

Yeah, I just had a game end on the fields south of Yasnaya Polyana, and it was decidedly less of a barren killzone. Going prone in the grass next to one of the hay bales actually gave me a pretty decent degree of concealment. I still got shot in the back eventually, but only because I was sure that with five enemies left and four of them definitely somewhere in front of me, there would be no way anybody could come up from behind. :v:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Got our first duo win. The circle kept loving us over and over so we had to run a lot but we were able to use ridges and block LOS with buildings and rocks even though we never got to hunker down and everywhere we went we heard gunshots all around us and got shot at three different times. Actually avoiding terrible fields and running to ridges and good cover areas was why we were so slow and kept only just getting into the circle. Then we ran into a building at the end and the last couple circles were right on us. We camped that loving top floor like the scum were are and double teamed the last enemy as he came up to us. 1 kill between us but it still felt sweet cause I felt we earned not getting killed with how far we had to go through occupied territory.

Love that it's the kinda game where you can just not shoot anybody for most of half an hour and still have fun.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Futuresight posted:

Got our first duo win. The circle kept loving us over and over so we had to run a lot but we were able to use ridges and block LOS with buildings and rocks even though we never got to hunker down and everywhere we went we heard gunshots all around us and got shot at three different times. Actually avoiding terrible fields and running to ridges and good cover areas was why we were so slow and kept only just getting into the circle. Then we ran into a building at the end and the last couple circles were right on us. We camped that loving top floor like the scum were are and double teamed the last enemy as he came up to us. 1 kill between us but it still felt sweet cause I felt we earned not getting killed with how far we had to go through occupied territory.

Love that it's the kinda game where you can just not shoot anybody for most of half an hour and still have fun.

Some of my best finishes have been ones where I didn't get any kills until the last 4-5 minutes.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I'm trying to win a game pacifist style: second place with no kills. The closest I've gotten is third ffff

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm trying to win a game pacifist style: second place with no kills. The closest I've gotten is third ffff

What happens when it's just you and someone else? Do you abandon your values and kill someone?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

One of my duo wins was kill-free. Last guy died nearly at our feet to the zone. We were gonna shoot him (actually we kept him out of the circle by pinning him behind a wrecked UAZ) but figured a zone kill would be funnier.

It was.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

While the average framerate improved somewhat, it feels like framedrops/lag spikes actually have become more common for me since the patch. Just lost a really promising game due to it, too. I was going through some house, heard footsteps coming towards it, and settled in with my tommy gun pointed right at the door. Door opens, oblivious enemy comes in, I slam the trigger, and... the game freezes for at least full second. When it finally caught up again I'd generously sprayed shots into the wall while the enemy had all the time in the world to click me to death with their M16. :negative:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/jLFDRKE.gifv

You know, booby traps would be pretty cool in this game instead of just going to usual route of blowing every single tire away.

(some Russian found his neighbor ziptied an F-1 grenade to his wheel)

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
loving hell the M249 is so much fun. Found one plus a couple belts in a drop for the first time just now. There was a 8x too but I didn't try it on the SAW, does it work at all or is the recoil too much? The 8x is way nicer to use now by the way.

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 20, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

loving hell the M249 is so much fun. Found one plus a couple belts in a drop for the first time just now.

that thing is an absolute animal when you are prone

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Aranan posted:

What was the default key for holding your breath while scoped? I thought it was shift, but since I rebound my keys I can't get it to work anymore... I've tried shift, I've tried my new sprint hotkey (spacebar), I've tried a bunch of things but none of it works.

[edit] Did some Googling and apparently it's hardcoded to be bound to left shift, so you can't change it (yet). That's annoying.

I used AutoHotkey to remedy this issue until they separate out the special function bindings to their own keys. How you have to do it is a bit annoying, however, especially if you want to bind something else (like reload) to LSHIFT. So in my case, I have this in my script:

code:
HOME::LSHIFT
LSHIFT::L
Home is what I have one of my mouse thumb buttons set to, so I hold that to hold my breath/zoom in ADS. And then L is what I rebound Reload to in settings so I could reload with LSHIFT and Interact with R. Yes, I know that I make these problems for myself, but I hate WASD controls and like how I've been doing things for decades, thank you.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What happens when it's just you and someone else? Do you abandon your values and kill someone?
He only aims for second place.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tekopo posted:

He only aims for second place.

Ooh. I misunderstood what they said.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
with the new foliage i've found you can hide prone in the grass much better, had a person walk literally right in front of me before I opened fire and I walked about 20 feet in front of a whole squad before they opened fire on me

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I have yet to play a custom match where the server doesnt crash.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

What is a custom match in this game?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Custom games like Pistols only, faster blue, shorter white, 10x more cargo planes, melee only, more cars etc.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
People are saying AR's are much more rare now. Any confirmation?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I wish SMGs defaulted to automatic fire.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

People are saying AR's are much more rare now. Any confirmation?

They're rarer in non-prime loot areas, the pissant little towns and shacks lying around the map on the test server would only give SMGs or shotguns until we moved around.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
A fully kitted out vector is honestly a beast. Just loving throws rounds down range and deletes people at 50m.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Party Plane Jones posted:

They're rarer in non-prime loot areas, the pissant little towns and shacks lying around the map on the test server would only give SMGs or shotguns until we moved around.

This is honestly an incredibly awful change. The last thing this game needs is the starting phase to be more of a skill-free randomness clusterfuck where you hope a bunch of people don't go to the same place as you.

It's also a very strange change to make because everything else seems pretty well thought out in general and then there's this massively anti-fun brainlessness.

nuclear_cheetos
Apr 22, 2005

mmmmmmmm......cheesy!
New patch is extremely promising, played a couple of games and didn't find as many AR's in one of my normal stalking spots and just generally had a better experience since the whole "picking things up and opening/closing doors" has been notably improved. Motorcycles feel like a death trap though, max speed of 90-100 kmh seems low especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to position yourself whilst riding the bike (lean keys?). Speaking of that didn't ARMA 3 have like 3 options for posture while in a vehicle? Seems weird you can't put your head forward or just lay across the back.

Beyond some incredibly nit-picky concerns this game feels incredibly solid and I feel like the 30 dollar barrier for entry is more than fair, especially given the progress made thus far from player feedback. Game feels fair, and when you lose/die it feels like you learn something each time (even if that something is "I need to be more on top of circle management").

As someone said above, the M249 is quite ridiculous in that it feels like it's maximum spread is misleadingly small. Some rifles have what feels like severe shot deviation on consecutive follow ups but for some reason the M249, especially while prone, seems to keep a fairly tight cone. Of course this could be confirmation bias since Athanatos and I won a duo with me manning the SAW and him backing me from far cover with an SKS/DMR of some sort.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

nuclear_cheetos posted:

New patch is extremely promising, played a couple of games and didn't find as many AR's in one of my normal stalking spots and just generally had a better experience since the whole "picking things up and opening/closing doors" has been notably improved. Motorcycles feel like a death trap though, max speed of 90-100 kmh seems low especially since there doesn't seem to be a way to position yourself whilst riding the bike (lean keys?). Speaking of that didn't ARMA 3 have like 3 options for posture while in a vehicle? Seems weird you can't put your head forward or just lay across the back.

Beyond some incredibly nit-picky concerns this game feels incredibly solid and I feel like the 30 dollar barrier for entry is more than fair, especially given the progress made thus far from player feedback. Game feels fair, and when you lose/die it feels like you learn something each time (even if that something is "I need to be more on top of circle management").

As someone said above, the M249 is quite ridiculous in that it feels like it's maximum spread is misleadingly small. Some rifles have what feels like severe shot deviation on consecutive follow ups but for some reason the M249, especially while prone, seems to keep a fairly tight cone. Of course this could be confirmation bias since Athanatos and I won a duo with me manning the SAW and him backing me from far cover with an SKS/DMR of some sort.

The SAW has a bipod that actually deploys when you prone. Now with the new foliage, that might actually be useful.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

K8.0 posted:

This is honestly an incredibly awful change. The last thing this game needs is the starting phase to be more of a skill-free randomness clusterfuck where you hope a bunch of people don't go to the same place as you.

It's also a very strange change to make because everything else seems pretty well thought out in general and then there's this massively anti-fun brainlessness.

It's not to the point where you won't find them, it's just you won't find 3 or 4 of them in the small villages (read: 4 to 6 buildings) anymore like you might have on the previous patch. You might find one M16A4 and one AKM.

Cyberdud
Sep 6, 2005

Space pedestrian
The patch really improved my FPS and I love how the frying pan actually blocks bullets now.

Also, H1Z1 went on sale (40%) today. Coincidence?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The frying pan blocks bullets, but it doesn't block crossbow bolts (it might be a bug):
https://streamable.com/47wy1

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 20, 2017

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
If they do want to nerf AR spawns in lesser locations the game could really use a mid-long range common weapon so you're not just hosed at those ranges. Maybe a weak bolt action rifle. Or a semi-auto with a small clip and calibre.

But I've seen no confirmation from the dev team so it's basically just an unconfirmed rumour at this stage. And I'm sure you know it's a very common kind of misconception to have some random thing happen more or less frequently after patches in every game. Onyxia deep breaths more became a meme for a reason.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The bike was easily outpacing the buggy the fourth man in our squad was driving. It seems to go pretty fast, like 120 max?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A 10/22 would be good and would be weak vs armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

A 10/22 would be good and would be weak vs armor.

Give me an American-180 so we can just kill enemies with a swarm of bees at 1200 RPM.

With a 177 round pan you're basically not going to run out of .22LR for a long while.

• Locked thread