Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Snoke's massive facial fissure should be reflected in each successive scene and characters actually notice and acknowledge it but it's never explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Neo Rasa posted:

Snoke's massive facial fissure should be reflected in each successive scene and characters actually notice and acknowledge it but it's never explained.

As George Lucas said about Anakin's scar,. "That's something for the Expanded Universe to explain. We put a scar on him to help the audience know that war has changed him, nothing more."

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Snoke is Kylo Ren from the future, withered and dessicated from years of unnatural dark side techniques. That's why he's so focused on preventing Kylo from being "seduced by the light". Episode VIII will end with Kylo getting his head caved in, making him look even more like Snoke, and Episode IX will climax with Kylo laying down his lightsaber like his uncle Luke did while Snoke fades away like Marty McFly.

Please watch my two-hour YouTube video in which I discuss this theory in excruciating detail.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Well Manicured Man posted:

Please watch my two-hour YouTube video in which I discuss this theory in excruciating detail.

link?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Snoke is Kylo Ren from the future, withered and dessicated from years of unnatural dark side techniques. That's why he's so focused on preventing Kylo from being "seduced by the light". Episode VIII will end with Kylo getting his head caved in, making him look even more like Snoke, and Episode IX will climax with Kylo laying down his lightsaber like his uncle Luke did while Snoke fades away like Marty McFly.

...or was it ancient aliens?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Hodgepodge posted:

I think you'll find there's no reason why Snoke can't be from both the distant future and the distant past.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

I think you'll find there's no reason why Snoke can't be from both the distant future and the distant past.

Or was it... ancient aliens?

:shepicide:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-iZj8emh2g&t=2820s

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

What in the world is this? And is it any good?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

It would just be replaced with more Finn/Kylo slashfic

extremely SMG voice

actually stabbing finn with his lightsaber is extremely sexual,

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'd love for them to throw in a time travel element and watch the clusterfuck that results from it, kinda like how time travel always creates incredibly dumb situations in comic books.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Covok posted:

I've just watched like 5 minutes of it and I assure you it is extremely good.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Snoke is the Smoke Monster from Lost, in the ultimate JJ Abrams crossover.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Basebf555 posted:

I'd love for them to throw in a time travel element and watch the clusterfuck that results from it, kinda like how time travel always creates incredibly dumb situations in comic books.

"Luke, I am your... just a second, I'm going to get a whiteboard. This poo poo is complicated."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

"Luke...YOU are my father."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snoke is Palaptine's dad.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Luke...have you ever seen Looper?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!
Snoke is an extremely hardcore Galactic Civil War reenactor.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Snoke That Eats Its Own Tail, Forever and Ever..I know where I came from---but where did all these star wars come from?

I felt a headache coming on, but a headache powder is one thing I do not take. I did once--and you all went away.

So I crawled into bed and whistled out the light.

You aren't really there at all. There isn't anybody but me--Jyn--here alone in the dark.

I miss you dreadfully!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Covok posted:

It's fascinating and a must watch. Based on a French novel with a script by Isaac Asimov.

It is, in a few ways, a lovely movie, but it has enough moments to me where the soundtrack and everything comes together and it's just awesome. The English cast is pretty crazy for the time it was made. Glenn Close, Jennifer Grey, Christopher Plummer, Penn Gillette and Teller, Paul Shafer and Bridget Fonda.

Also it as animated in North Korea like a small number of other things at the time.

Its main flaw to me is it has a few too many points where something is conveyed very clearly with the sound and visuals, but then like a minute later someone explains what just happened, making it at times feel too talky or like the characters are idiots, but I really like it personally. The same over explanation is used to much better effect when characters are describing what might happen in the future given the way the story goes. The direction the story goes with its antagonist was interesting to me also.

Personally I had a great time with it I have literally never met anyone else that likes it.

The same director also did Savage Planet as well as a short animated film based on another French comic called The Prisoner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0uInFdJRUc

I like this one because the short comic was somehow very influential in Japan, a lot of the old school Japanese computer adventure games like Legend very clearly took a cue from the comic's (and other comics by that artist) visuals and one in particular, a very highly regarded and ambitious Japanese adventure game called Relics, is almost a (unofficial) direct sequel to it.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 20, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lord Hydronium posted:

Snoke is the Smoke Monster from Lost, in the ultimate JJ Abrams crossover.

Nah, he's Q from the JJ Abrams Star Trek.

Kirk's dad dying reallllllllllly hosed up the timeline.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

It's fascinating and a must watch. Based on a French novel with a script by Isaac Asimov.

It is, in a few ways, a lovely movie, but it has enough moments to me where the soundtrack and everything comes together and it's just awesome. The English cast is pretty crazy for the time it was made. Glenn Close, Jennifer Grey, Christopher Plummer, Penn Gillette and Teller, Paul Shafer and Bridget Fonda.

Also it as animated in North Korea like a small number of other things at the time.

Its main flaw to me is it has a few too many points where something is conveyed very clearly with the sound and visuals, but then like a minute later someone explains what just happened, making it at times feel too talky or like the characters are idiots, but I really like it personally. The same over explanation is used to much better effect when characters are describing what might happen in the future given the way the story goes. The direction the story goes with its antagonist was interesting to me also.

Personally I had a great time with it I have literally never met anyone else that likes it.

The same director also did Savage Planet as well as a short animated film based on another French comic called The Prisoner:

I like this one because the short comic was somehow very influential in Japan, a lot of the old school Japanese computer adventure games like Legend very clearly took a cue from the comic's (and other comics by that artist) visuals and one in particular, a very highly regarded and ambitious Japanese adventure game called Relics, is almost a (unofficial) direct sequel to it.

I just finished watching the whole thing. Maybe not the best thing to watch at work because of all the full frontal female nudity. But, it was very engaging. 70s scifi with a weird play on time travel. The over explaining feels like a symptom of being based on a book. I can often tell those are the narration from the novel being kept in despite the action being depicted. In other words, the book likely didn't go into detail of the action scenes since it wasn't the point and just had someone summarize it for the reader. The movie kept that in and hence the effect.

It's the strangest time travel plot since the opening pretty much admits the writer feels causality in time travel is more complicated than we think and that, once time travel is introduced, it needs to be expected that things won't logically flow as we're used to in our linear time line.

Also, all the biotech was pretty cool and, you're right, the villain twist was nice.

Anyway, Star Wars.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Rene Laloux owns

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah, they should have thought ahead a little when they made that incision. Sure, on a long enough timeline, scars can migrate a little as your skin ages but I don't think we're jumping ahead another 30 years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a new, different scar, obviously.

Edit: Begin pitching your EU books explaining the backstory of the scars movement now

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Edit: Begin pitching your EU books explaining the backstory of the scars movement now

Same wampa that attacked Luke gave it to him. Also the wampa is force magic now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

"That's the way it's always been." -JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson in 2018 as The Force Awakens Special Edition is released.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

PostNouveau posted:

Same wampa that attacked Luke gave it to him. Also the wampa is force magic now.

What if Snoke is just a shaved Wampa?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Davros1 posted:

What if Snoke is just a shaved Wampa?

Have we theorized he's actually the Tauntaun that Han stuffed Luke into to keep him warm? Maul was cut in half and he lived... why not the Tauntaun?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

tadashi posted:

Have we theorized he's actually the Tauntaun that Han stuffed Luke into to keep him warm? Maul was cut in half and he lived... why not the Tauntaun?

That actually explains a whole lot, like his hatred of both the Solos and the Skywalkers.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

Kylo disliked the scar aesthetically, but the Sith have a cultural rule about not removing scars (because they "record your failures in battle" or whatever), so he had a cosmetic surgery procedure done to move the scar to a different part of his face where it looked better. This actually ties into Darth Vader's disability - the Emperor was totally capable of fully healing him, but justified his decision not to based on the Sith cultural standards.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The bacta tank works like a clone stamp tool. You can heal an area but it just moves the wound to a different area.

Alternative theory: Kyylo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It now looks like Clone Wars Ani's scar which means Ben loves it.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I really hope they don't kill Luke in the new movies :ohdear:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Xibanya posted:

I really hope they don't kill Luke in the new movies :ohdear:

I have bad news for you. I heard straight from Lucas' mouth that Bigger Luke dies :(

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they a pull a Beerfest and Luke dies but his long lost identical twin Puke takes his place

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Phi230 posted:

I hope they a pull a Beerfest and Luke dies but his long lost identical twin Puke takes his place

I've heard they're doing a Ducktales like story with IX starring Luuke, Luuuke, and Luuuuke

Covok
May 27, 2013

21 Muns posted:

Kylo disliked the scar aesthetically, but the Sith have a cultural rule about not removing scars (because they "record your failures in battle" or whatever), so he had a cosmetic surgery procedure done to move the scar to a different part of his face where it looked better. This actually ties into Darth Vader's disability - the Emperor was totally capable of fully healing him, but justified his decision not to based on the Sith cultural standards.

Kyo is not a Sith. Sith confirmed extinct as of the end of RotJ. Klyo snd Snoke are something new.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

They're all ancient aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Force scar.

• Locked thread