Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

MizPiz posted:

Right, but one of them was actually opposing them from the start, while the other would have been just as happy to get a new alt-right twink bestie (and did more to defend Milo in his supposed takedown.

For sure. Maher had Milo on his show and more or less agreed with him about the PC snowflakes and the dirty muslims, then some old-school Republicans actually brought Milo with the pedo clip down because he was invited to be keynote speaker a CPAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

Haha, well yeah but I'm basically just a German American so I gotta believe others will also take the sausage and hat over fascism and lovely music for the sake of my own equipoise.

I'm thinking of those ancestry.com commercials, where you have these dudes who thought they were Scottish and then it turns out they are 60% Dutch or whatever and it totally upends their conception of self. Not once did they dare insinuate anyone's great-great-grandpa was black, though, that would be simply too much trauma. loving hell, you see that poo poo on TV and you gotta know the Nazis are coming.

Agag posted:

For sure. Maher had Milo on his show and more or less agreed with him about the PC snowflakes and the dirty muslims, then some old-school Republicans actually brought Milo with the pedo clip down because he was invited to be keynote speaker a CPAC.

Yup. Dude had nothing to do with the rise or fall, just a garbage opportunist who didn't get burned nearly enough for jumping on at the exact worst time.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If I found out I was black first thing I would do is start a standup career that leaned heavily on using the no no word.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Second thing would be to look into my sausage and hat.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
look into your sausage and hat, my son

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Haha, well yeah but I'm basically just a German American so I gotta believe others will also take the sausage and hat over fascism and lovely music for the sake of my own equipoise.
Reactionary politics fits very well into an image of a romanticized past, what you're suggesting is actually going to lead to a more problems.

Its the imagined threat of the Other that leads to prejudice & hate, not the lack of cultural novelties.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

rudatron posted:

Reactionary politics fits very well into an image of a romanticized past, what you're suggesting is actually going to lead to a more problems.

Its the imagined threat of the Other that leads to prejudice & hate, not the lack of cultural novelties.

so youre saying a sausage and a hat isnt going to solve racism?????? Talk about making the perfect the enemy of the good

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
the hosed up thing about Richard Spencer is that the dude has a freaking Masters in World History

its nothing short of amazing how one can look in throughout all of human history and think "White People Did Nothing Wrong" :stare:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the deeper point was if ethnic communitarianism would lead to less conflict, and that's not true. Small states still fight each over stupid poo poo just as much as large states, so there no reason to think emphasizing a ethnic pedigree/nationality over race would actually end or reduce the problem. It'd simply move it.

More generally, you'd still have issues of fictitious alienation, that allows people to stereotype and dehumanize each other, only now on the palette of individual ethnicity. Eg- 'greeks are lazy'.

Internationalism is the only out here.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Alt-Right: "Blacks wouldn't make it without White People or any other race!"

Just say what you feel to be objectively right

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Maybe we can placate the alt right by letting them live out their white ethno state fantasy* in VR. Palmer Lucky get on this

*or being in an anime

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Intermarriage until we all look like Bruno mars.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

Well, the deeper point was if ethnic communitarianism would lead to less conflict, and that's not true. Small states still fight each over stupid poo poo just as much as large states, so there no reason to think emphasizing a ethnic pedigree/nationality over race would actually end or reduce the problem. It'd simply move it.

More generally, you'd still have issues of fictitious alienation, that allows people to stereotype and dehumanize each other, only now on the palette of individual ethnicity. Eg- 'greeks are lazy'.

complete segregation would lead to instant race war, p. much

like it would take maybe a week before white people started raiding

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Yinlock posted:

complete segregation would lead to instant race war, p. much

like it would take maybe a week before white people started raiding

More to the point none of these systems could even be implemented without massive amounts of bloodshed. Its all fantasy bullshit that will never happen.

I think Spencer more or less admitted this in one of his earlier interviews. Before the famous punch anyway.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Agag posted:

More to the point none of these systems could even be implemented without massive amounts of bloodshed. Its all fantasy bullshit that will never happen.

I think Spencer more or less admitted this in one of his earlier interviews. Before the famous punch anyway.

Same way he admits he doesn't care about free speech except as it advances his agenda. He is working as hard as his dipshit brain can manage to push towards genocide.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/stevekingia/status/853967218576642048

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The sausage is important because it's more complicated & unique than a steak, but the individual also imagines they could make it themselves, if they felt like it.

The hat is something you need to see a special weirdo to buy.

I think a lot of "white nationalists" would gladly give up hating everyone if you gave them a sausage and a hat. Say to one "Look, you're mostly... Hungarian? Ok, so you're Hungarian now. Here is your sausage. It has a lot of paprika in it and is spicy and people generally react favorably to it. Go see this man about your hat. It has a ribbon." and they will be like "drat, I'm somebody now! Black people are ok I guess. Screw helping that German turd with the undercut hate people; I'm going to go buy my hat."

We should just have an American Year Zero. Everyone is now an American, our special sausage is all the other special sausages mixed together, and anyone who questions that gets shoved towards the closest border (N E S W it doesn't matter) until they're in another country/the ocean. Problem solved.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is his district a klan enclave

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Uncle Wemus posted:

who knows. i assume its heavy red though.

rudatron posted:

pretty much. i have listen to enough dollop to know people will loving kill each other over bullshit race/ethnic/religious differences and only a few will be considered "good".

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

This mother fucker here is more dangerous than any of the morons in this thread.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

farms and some towns that are literally dying (like, towns that are more than 50% retired people)

his seat might not exist after redistricting

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Uncle Wemus posted:

His district went to Obama in '08.

I've lived in what is now his district, though before he was around, and it's basically the perfect mix for a shitbag Republican to get away with saying that crap. It's almost entirely rural or small cities that are basically aggregated rural folks moving to the big city (read: less than 100k people), plus a sizeable immigrant Latino minority, but not so large as to actually be a political force.

His biggest fear is a primary challenge, but he's got that poo poo locked down tight. Only way he's getting taken out is if he overreaches for national office like Michelle Bachmann did, and folks think he's gone Washington, but he seems to be content with sitting on his porch, drinking a beer, and figuring out new ways to say those 14 words in 144 characters or less.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Race Realists posted:

the hosed up thing about Richard Spencer is that the dude has a freaking Masters in World History

its nothing short of amazing how one can look in throughout all of human history and think "White People Did Nothing Wrong" :stare:

he's probably a milhist, wehrmacht clean hands type of guy

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Azathoth posted:

His district went to Obama in '08.

I've lived in what is now his district, though before he was around, and it's basically the perfect mix for a shitbag Republican to get away with saying that crap. It's almost entirely rural or small cities that are basically aggregated rural folks moving to the big city (read: less than 100k people), plus a sizeable immigrant Latino minority, but not so large as to actually be a political force.

His biggest fear is a primary challenge, but he's got that poo poo locked down tight. Only way he's getting taken out is if he overreaches for national office like Michelle Bachmann did, and folks think he's gone Washington, but he seems to be content with sitting on his porch, drinking a beer, and figuring out new ways to say those 14 words in 144 characters or less.

i saw someone say on twitter that now that being racist is partisan there will probably be more steve kings

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

(((Marxist))) billionaire George Soros

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

(((Marxist))) (((billionaire))) George Soros

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There is no such thing as a good billlionaire.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

i love the whole contradictory communist billionaire thing so many reactionaries say

its so dumb but they keep doing it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/far-right-white-supremacists-berkeley-protests-antifa-trump

worth reading for this quote alone

quote:

"Suck a dick!" the Spartan shouts to the antifa man.

"I love sucking dick!" the antifa man shouts back.

:swoon:

also some more posturing from basic stickdork

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I really wonder what someone who participated in the Athen's Riots or Arab Spring or whatever would make of that article.

"We're not facists, you're the facists. Praise kek." screams a goosestepping cosplayer with a stick as he pours a bottle of milk over his head while doing a nazi salute and waving a pepe flag.

Uh... OK.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MBucklesXO/status/854525635032690689

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Holy poo poo white racists are loving garbage, good on that brave woman.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo white racists are loving garbage, good on that brave woman.

and other types of racists are fine as long as they're not white?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I think Al-Saqr is some sort of Saudi princeling so...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol I like how you're mad at me making an observation and description.

Yes white racists are really dumb garbage people and have been historically pretty awful. What's your objection?

All racists are bad, in this instance the woman was standing up to white racists, ergo I called white racists garbage. What's your problem?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
It was bait you dork, All racists are bad, they just wanted to poke at you calling one type of racist out and imply you were excluding other types. :shrug: I wouldnt worry too much friend

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

lol I like how you're mad at me making an observation and description.

Yes white racists are really dumb garbage people and have been historically pretty awful. What's your objection?

All racists are bad, in this instance the woman was standing up to white racists, ergo I called white racists garbage. What's your problem?

Listen bud, our racists are the best, and if you argue with me on this I will get really scared, move to the country and vote exclusively for the deadest doll eyed politicians I can find. *crosses arms, feels awkward, uncrosses arms

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DeadPundits/status/854975245568139264

Haven't listened yet.

Edit: Listening now.

It's pretty good and stuff.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 17:44 on Apr 20, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Speaking of LARP battles the alt-lite is plotting another "free speech" march, this time in Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Wikkheiser posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadPundits/status/854975245568139264

Haven't listened yet.

Edit: Listening now.

It's pretty good and stuff.

freddie 'fourth generation marxist' deboer ranting about the drat kids these days is kind of sad tbh