Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
they took our jebs so now we must build a wall

we'll make avocados pay for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

*An elderly man stands in front of Judge Judy describing how the defendant had climbed his trees, stealing the fruits of his labors.*

"Your honor, he said 'I'm picking your avacados, old man, what are you gonna do about it?'"

*Camera cuts to Judge Judy as she asks what would posess the defendant to do such a thing.*

*Jeb Bush appears on screen with a sheepish grin on his face.*

"Guacamooool"

E: for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnqPfbb0GlA

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 20, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krustic posted:

Less political talk, more Hillary dunking please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUFsCS7xYE

Grumpo
Mar 21, 2011
If there was any positive to 2016 it was watching Jeb crash and burn for the entire republican primary. May he rest in guacamole.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Honky Dong Country posted:

*Bellhop sets down a bunch of luggage in a high-priced suite."

"There you are, Governor Bush. And if you need anything, anything at all, please don't hesitate to call the front desk and ask for Todd."

*Points at his nametag, smiling while Jeb Bush nods.*

*Todd the bellhop clears his throat and lingers quietly.*

"Oh, right, I'm sorry. Here let me just get my cutting board," says Jeb as he pulls an avacado from the inside pocket of his blazer.

lol!
that's our Jeb!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DoctorGonzo posted:

you are a horrible person. gently caress you and your over educated friends.

yeah I don't really care about your country

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
*throws away $130 million and brings a dynasty to a screeching halt*

am i jebbing the right way yet? do i need to start becoming more awkward as well? no i think i'm set there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's not that I don't know who pinochet was (putting me in rare company in the u.s.a.) but you know... how much do you care about burkina faso

Grumpo
Mar 21, 2011
*Hands you a tiny metal turtle*

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Pick posted:

putting me in rare company in the u.s.a.

i will literally pay you $100 via paypal if you upload a video of you punching yourself in the face hard within the hour,

*proof of username and date required

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna buy this but I hope those chapo trap house folks tear it apart

in an ironic twist I now hate her pretty much at the same level as my conservative friends/family so that's a fun time at least

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

nah just kidding i won't, even if you upload the vid

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Pick posted:

it's not that I don't know who pinochet was (putting me in rare company in the u.s.a.) but you know... how much do you care about burkina faso

just lol if you don't care about BF involvement in the Maghreb

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VikingSkull posted:

someone should clue Antifa in on the whole "don't poke the white working class bear" lesson

:qq:

'Cuz all white working class people are right wing nutters right?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Pick not as large a portion of the population is 100% oblivious about anything beyond our borders as you think.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

*swoops in like a seagull*

"I think you'll find the answer is actually found in ancom principles"

*gets punched by a manlet, calls the police*

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

yeah I don't really care about your country

Pick posted:

Pick we live in an increasingly globalized world and statements like this are just nonsensical. You can't on the one hand be concerned about jobs here and on the other not care whatsoever that the rest of the world is sinking into poverty and chaos because it's like hey - they're just gonna all come here then and a wall isn't going to stop them.

Isolationism didn't make sense even in 1700. What happens elsewhere affects us.

VikingSkull posted:

*swoops in like a seagull*

"I think you'll find the answer is actually found in ancom principles"

*gets punched by a manlet, calls the police*

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 20, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pick not as large a portion of the population is 100% oblivious about anything beyond our borders as you think.

Yeah, a bunch of people in the US loving love Pinochet

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

foolish guacbowl merchant

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

My friend told me he literally got a high paying job at apple because he was jewish and another jewish person wanted to give the job to another jewish person.

You're not allowed to say this

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Pick doesn't know helicopter rides are a hot meme atm

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Even opinion aside, a lot of the poo poo that we did down there is covered in a lot of American history classes and poo poo as a part of the Cold War and our application of the old Monroe Doctrine during it. So the idea that somebody is a rarity because they know who Pinochet is, regardless of their opinion, is pretty drat lol.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Even opinion aside, a lot of the poo poo that we did down there is covered in a lot of American history classes and poo poo as a part of the Cold War and our application of the old Monroe Doctrine during it. So the idea that somebody is a rarity because they know who Pinochet is, regardless of their opinion, is pretty drat lol.

Maybe if you were in AP but meanwhile many people can't even tell you how many stars are on the flag.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

COMRADES posted:

Maybe if you were in AP but meanwhile many people can't even tell you how many stars are on the flag.

I never took AP courses.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm not gonna buy this but I hope those chapo trap house folks tear it apart

in an ironic twist I now hate her pretty much at the same level as my conservative friends/family so that's a fun time at least

You know poo poo has gone nuts when I actually start to agree with my conservative parents on some things, like Hillary Clinton being the devil

I suppose the one upside to the USA being one giant clusterfuck is this has at least brought me a little closer to my family lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The first thing I remember Jebby doing on the campaign trail was catastrophically flubbing a question about the Iraq war that his stupid brother started

the most obvious question in the world and he just fell flat on his face, right out of the goddamn gate

This was the GOP's golden boy that got allllll the money. Looking back at it it's really no surprise Trump had a good shot and came out on top of the rest of the old guard plastic robots, crackpots, perverts, and, lunatics in the primary

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sorry, basement weirdoes of SA, but I've spent the last ten years being forced to work with normal folks, many of which do not have college degrees and a fair number of which don't have highschool degrees either, and they do not loving know who Pinochet was.

The ivory tower, is you.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

COMRADES posted:

lol remember when Obama thought it was 57

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

COMRADES posted:

at least a hundred. there's a shitload of 'em

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If you can name both of your own current state senators you are in rare loving form.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Pick posted:

Sorry, basement weirdoes of SA, but I've spent the last ten years being forced to work with normal folks, many of which do not have college degrees and a fair number of which don't have highschool degrees either, and they do not loving know who Pinochet was.

The ivory tower, is you.

So I'm the weirdo for not automatically assuming that almost everybody is completely uneducated about everything (but totally not me all my friends have PhDs you literal retard :smug:)?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Pick posted:

The ivory tower, is you.

*ironicat growing forever*

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

If you can name both of your own current state senators you are in rare loving form.

tragically true

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I never took AP courses.

You went to a better school than most then because usually Monroe Doctrine gets like some passing mentions and afaik most high school history classes don't go past like 1900 (including the AP ones).

Pick posted:

Yeah

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Landstander posted:

This post reminded me of this:

Lol "slush funds mysteriously sent to most corrupt city and state in the nation, respectively"

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
^^^ I suppose technically they got that popular vote

I think the flag should only have stars for the good states (New York, Montana, New Mexico, etc.) so people can remember it easier.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

So I'm the weirdo for not automatically assuming that almost everybody is completely uneducated about everything (but totally not me all my friends have PhDs you literal retard :smug:)?

Well you're certainly wrong.

link

quote:

Ilya Somin: No one survey question is all that important by itself. What matters far more is the cumulative weight of widespread political ignorance across a wide range of issues. But one good example of the extent of public ignorance is that only about 34% of Americans can even name the three branches of the federal government: executive, legislative, and judicial . It is not that familiarity with these terms is absolutely essential—it’s that anyone who follows politics even moderately closely is likely to know them. The fact that most people do not know is a strong indication of their ignorance about politics and public policy generally.

but yeah im sure they know who pinochet was

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A good chunk of the population can't even name the countries bordering the US and would probably assume Pinochet was some kind of food item or maybe a card game.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Pick posted:

The ivory tower, is you.

In your defense, when I told someone in the factory that I was going to Italy with my family, she asked if we were gonna drive there.

The vast majority of Americans, and in fact, human beings are insanely stupid, including both me and you.

I think it should now be very apparent that we're all dumbasses with little to no understanding how to actually fix things, especially the people who say they do. People with degrees and 4.0 GPAs are just as dumb, look at me for example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

COMRADES posted:

You went to a better school than most then because usually Monroe Doctrine gets like some passing mentions and afaik most high school history classes don't go past like 1900 (including the AP ones).

Yeah

Oh I don't mean to make it sound like it was thorough. Of was more of a "Hey we continued the Monroe Doctrine during the Cold War by meddling in a shitload of countries in the Americas and propping up various regimes" with a few as examples, which I remember including Pinochet, Batista, and a couple others I forget.

Also I'm not saying that Americans are highly educated, I'm saying calling yourself a rarity because you know a history thing is pretty drat lol, especially considering how much we like to harp on about commies and the cold war.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 20, 2017

• Locked thread