Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

The best song is the episode of Tiny Toon Adventures that's just They Might Be Giants videos.

Hell yeah

https://youtu.be/7pG0QTzO-K0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

A Man and his dog posted:

The Southern heat is incoming....

Hot as gently caress today.

A good yogurt / granola/ fruit bowl is a perfect breakfast for hot summer days.

Food posting has reached new levels of bizarre when people just start taking pictures of approximations of their food

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

look at this song I just found about the swole life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHP0Nd72s10

Lol I remember this. I posted it in the gbs YouTube thread years ago

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Food posting has reached new levels of bizarre when people just start taking pictures of approximations of their food

Guys check out this tasty burger I made last night.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
RG3 is that a small local chain jamba juice dot com

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also for food chat I fixed my grill so all I've been doing is grilling.

Just FYI don't grill turkey burgers it's a nightmare.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Charge your loving PHONE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Man, I hate headphone fashion. I found the best sports headphones in a reasonable price range but they only come in seahawks green.

Now I am walking around in a suit with these goddammit neon ear buds dangling into my pocket.

The struggle

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

I visited the Rock HoF a couple years back, and saw the original, handwritten lyrics to this song on display. It was powerful to me bc the chickenscratch writing on notebook paper gave me the thought that this song (really the 80s equivalent of Smells Like Teen Spirit in its scope of importance) was the same as every teenager's angsty poems everywhere, not some lofty out of reach achievement.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Guys check out this tasty burger I made last night.

Sir, that is clearly a Wendy's burger.

My picture was just to show a nice cool nutritious breakfast. :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I visited the Rock HoF a couple years back, and saw the original, handwritten lyrics to this song on display. It was powerful to me bc the chickenscratch writing on notebook paper gave me the thought that this song (really the 80s equivalent of Smells Like Teen Spirit in its scope of importance) was the same as every teenager's angsty poems everywhere, not some lofty out of reach achievement.

I remember noticing how meticulously organized the talking heads handwritten lyrics were

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Also for food chat I fixed my grill so all I've been doing is grilling.

Just FYI don't grill turkey burgers it's a nightmare.

How are you making them? If I'm using ground turkey (as opposed to premade turkey patties) I always throw an egg into the mix to act as a glue, otherwise they're gonna fall apart.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Radio Head is just awful, whiny, poo poo that drones on forever. They're possibly the most overrating thing in the history of popular culture.

To me The Bends is their one objectively good album and the rest are them being their own sub-genre.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man, I hate headphone fashion. I found the best sports headphones in a reasonable price range but they only come in seahawks green.

Now I am walking around in a suit with these goddammit neon ear buds dangling into my pocket.

The struggle
Just embrace the swag movement.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

seiferguy posted:

How are you making them? If I'm using ground turkey (as opposed to premade turkey patties) I always throw an egg into the mix to act as a glue, otherwise they're gonna fall apart.

The one time I tossed an egg in there it came out really, really weird.

Maybe it was the egg? I'll give it another shot. I just did straight patties no binder because that works out fine when I do them on the grill pan... but they died on the grill last night.

Nov 6, 2002

What fat percentage did you use? Don't go too learn on turkey burgers or they will never survive a flip and they'll taste like poo poo.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Greatest band of all time or not, The Beatles loving suck. That's my controversial opinion.

I know that's 14 year old edgy but I really can't stand them.

Edit: Also, AC/DC sucks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kinks were better

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This right here is an '80s gem m'dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1CRatikdWg

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What fat percentage did you use? Don't go too learn on turkey burgers or they will never survive a flip and they'll taste like poo poo.

Whatever the standard Jennie-O is. I stayed away from the lean specifically because I knew it would be doomed to failure.

I'm gonna try adding an egg again. I looked around the web, it seems to have just been that particular batch came out weird. It was super eggy, I wonder if somehow I didn't mix it in that well and the egg cooked separately.

Nov 6, 2002

Maybe just try using the yolk.

Edit: Did you use the 85/15 one? Cause all the others are 93/7 or even more lean, which is way to light on fat for a burger.

https://www.jennieo.com/products/collection/11-ground-turkey

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 20, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Just embrace the swag movement.

*engages Russell Westbrook mode*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

Whatever the standard Jennie-O is. I stayed away from the lean specifically because I knew it would be doomed to failure.

I'm gonna try adding an egg again. I looked around the web, it seems to have just been that particular batch came out weird. It was super eggy, I wonder if somehow I didn't mix it in that well and the egg cooked separately.

Yeah, it was probably just a bad batch although if you don't want to use egg, I have used Worcester Sauce as a bonding agent and it also tastes super good on Turkey/Feta burgers.

Maybe just try using the yolk.

Edit: Did you use the 85/15 one? Cause all the others are 93/7 or even more lean, which is way to light on fat for a burger.

https://www.jennieo.com/products/collection/11-ground-turkey

This too. The 93/7 or I want to say they even have like 95/5 just come out dry and rubbery as all hell.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I make turkey burgs with the 99 and a little olive oil in the cast iron does the trick

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

The best song is the episode of Tiny Toon Adventures that's just They Might Be Giants videos.

:hfive:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Do you guys remember the scene in Django Unchained at the beginning where Django and Dr. Schulz arrive in the town and take over the saloon, and Dr Schulz pours a beer from the saloon tap and knocks the foam off with a ruler? I think that's one of the most mouth watering scenes I've ever seen

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chromatic posted:

Greatest band of all time or not, The Beatles loving suck. That's my controversial opinion.

I know that's 14 year old edgy but I really can't stand them.

Edit: Also, AC/DC sucks.
AC/DC does suck though.

I like the Beatles but the best artist ever was Michael Jackson.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I assume Brian Johnson's voice is basically gone by now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have to respect AC/DC

It takes a lot of balls to just put one track on repreat 12 times and call it an album

and then do it for 30 years

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The best song ever is My Dick is Big by Russian musical superstars Little Big. Really definitely don't watch that video at work tho.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have to respect AC/DC

It takes a lot of balls to just put one track on repreat 12 times and call it an album

and then do it for 30 years

it's very fun to listen to dirty deeds done dirt cheap and just sing TNT over the chorus

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Radio Head is just awful, whiny, poo poo that drones on forever. They're possibly the most overrating thing in the history of popular culture.

you misspelled sigur ros

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Thunderstruck drinking was super fun in college.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's Thunderstruck in Varsity Blues....

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

swickles posted:

The Thunderstruck drinking was super fun in college.

We were more a Living on a prayer university at PSU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
my alma mater was lame as poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We were more a Living on a prayer university at PSU

Roxanne tho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Roxanne tho

We never did Roxanne...

...Weird rear end west coasters

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

80s music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006