Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

VulgarandStupid posted:

The SAW has a bipod that actually deploys when you prone. Now with the new foliage, that might actually be useful.

That one out of a thousand games where you camp prone with a Para not further than 80m from a corner where enemy will come around and didnt saw you because of the foilage will be pretty usefull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
They should add the Mini-14 and Mini-30 in the game as an intermediate, higher spawning gun. 5.56 and 7.62, semi-auto only, make it have worse drop off at longer ranges and you're golden. Can use the same model for ease of implementation, too.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

Cyberdud posted:

The patch really improved my FPS and I love how the frying pan actually blocks bullets now.

Also, H1Z1 went on sale (40%) today. Coincidence?

Probably because the CW is showing some H1Z1 King of the Hill TV show/tournament starting tonight.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
holy loving poo poo I just won my first game in solo!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHhhhhh my blood is pumping, holy gently caress. Feels so good. GOTY

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice
So this new ballistics mask I saw a video of someone wearing it.

Is it going to come in the normal crates you unlock with points? Or spawned in the game for pick up only?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

gently caress My rear end posted:

So this new ballistics mask I saw a video of someone wearing it.

Is it going to come in the normal crates you unlock with points? Or spawned in the game for pick up only?

I played a few games today, but haven't seen one. I'm guessing it will be an actual armor item, so not a Pioneer crate unlock, but perhaps an Airdrop crate item.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I played a few games today, but haven't seen one. I'm guessing it will be an actual armor item, so not a Pioneer crate unlock, but perhaps an Airdrop crate item.

I believe it provides no added protection.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I got it a few times today. It's just a cosmetic mask like the gas masks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

A 10/22 would be good and would be weak vs armor.

Please stop, this doesn't need to become DayZ where there's a plethora of weapons but its always difficult to find more ammo.

Edit: Game feels much better today, my actual FPS is more or less the same, but the "frame dropping" or whatever it was, has been reduced a lot. Not a lot can make my G-sync monitor feel bad, but previous to today's patch this game managed to.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 20, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
a plethora of weapons would be fine so long as the game picked from a large pool on map generation and only used like five or six each game. I don't like the longer circle timers, makes rounds feel much longer and I liked how quick they were before.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Plenty of 9mm and .45 rifles to choose from.

Today my brother and I ran to a drop while armed with uzis and shotguns (note, we'd looted Gatka and another couple houses and killed 2 teams to gather this sweet loot) while in the middle of a field and he was like how do you want to approach it and I said just loving run up to it, if anyone's here we're dead anyway. Cause you have no real options to fight at range without a sniper or AR right now. I mean you can plink away with a ump but you'd need to get very lucky. IF they make it so you only reliably get ARs from the very best places then I can't see why I'd ever land in a podunk town like Gatka again unless you at the very least had reliable options at range.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's amazing how many times I've died only to think "yeah that was dumb of me, I really hosed up and that didn't need to happen."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I don't think it would be a good idea but I wonder about a mode that drops people out automatically, evenly across the route of the plane.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Doorknob Slobber posted:

longer circle timers

?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Elendil004 posted:

I don't think it would be a good idea but I wonder about a mode that drops people out automatically, evenly across the route of the plane.

This is how it works on Arma 3 BR. I actually prefer it, it was all about making plans on the fly and dealing with the cards that you were dealt. Most PUBG strategies now involve getting a guaranteed spawn and driving to a high loot area not directly under the flight path. But I guess people probably complained about it not being 100% fair.

Another observation I made today was you can't seem to heal while in water at all, which is pretty lame. Your boost meter freezes when you're running or swimming in water, they didn't only disable casting in water.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Yodzilla posted:

It's amazing how many times I've died only to think "where the gently caress am i getting shot from"

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I haven't played the live version, but the circle timers were longer on the test servers last night, did that not make it to live?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I haven't played the live version, but the circle timers were longer on the test servers last night, did that not make it to live?

Not that I noticed

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Elendil004 posted:

Last night while planning my drop I wondered how it'd play if they added possible randomness to the plane's path, so it's capable of making some unexpected turns midflight.

It would probably just encourage people to jump early rather than risk getting boned by suddenly facing a bad egress that takes you over nothing good

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 20, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It seems to me that unless you intend to camp the center of the circle it's actually much better to arrive as late as possible into the circe and hope you can catch people unaware as they already fight people closer to the center.

But I really suck in this game and speak more out of frustration than out of successfully doing the above.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Knifegrab posted:

This game goes from a casual goofball fest to the most tense stressful thing I've ever played once I'm in the top 15. I like legit have to take a break after breaking top 10 because my heart rate goes through the roof.

Same. My Fitbit monitors my heartrate and congratulates me on working out...
In the same vein, I thought I could pop an Adderall to give me some focus but I think I almost went into cardiac arrest.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

my squad has a tryhard strat I came up with that's worked out pretty well

gear up then get a car (or split into two cars) and hug the edge until it gets to the third reduction. At that point you want to yolo drive way deep into the center of the circle or any building you think the circle will collapse on. There will probably be people inside. You will probably have to kill them, but when you do you'll be set for the rest of the game.

case in point: the giant warehouse in the center of the map north of bunkers. two cars driving on either side, four people pouring into a building, easy win 4 people alive

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
That sounds needlessly risky IMO

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It seems to me that unless you intend to camp the center of the circle it's actually much better to arrive as late as possible into the circe and hope you can catch people unaware as they already fight people closer to the center.

But I really suck in this game and speak more out of frustration than out of successfully doing the above.

I've found the best, though not most compelling play style is:

- Fly as far from the flight path as possible but to a high loot zone.
- count the number of nearby chutes and try to avoid others as the early game is unpredictable.
- get as much good gear as possible
- find a car
- find a place that is both very near the center of the zone but also well off the beaten trail/away from cities or high loot zones.
- camp there until you are forced out.

It sucks and is boring and I don't play like that all the time but if I do I get at least top 15.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I tend to hang in the outside edge of the circle if it's along a cliff or beach.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

honestly this game sometimes favors the bold

sometimes it smacks the bold in the dick with a shovel, too

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Here's a map of all the car garage hard spawn points I'm aware of. I made this for myself so it's not fancy at all but I figure maybe someone else will want it so might as well post it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Futuresight posted:

Here's a map of all the car garage hard spawn points I'm aware of. I made this for myself so it's not fancy at all but I figure maybe someone else will want it so might as well post it.

i've won 7 squad games and gotten probably triple that in 2/3/4th places
if the circle centers on a building, and you aren't in that building, you're hosed because I'll be under the window in third person watching everything you do
if its in a field well yeah of course don't drive to the center lmao

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Oh sweet. That should replace the old one in the OP.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

theres a much more cluttered one that has almost every possible car and boat spawn but its kinda pointless
e: 0.5 a new map version out today!

http://imgur.com/a/toyy9

4/20 edition

mbt fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 20, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

I went into Top25 Global win rating in solo with that strat with a KDR under 1.8, there is basicly zero risk with this. I rather take two potential fights in a game that you choose + getting shot at while driving around, than CONSTANT risk of getting shot from 360°

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Yeah if you can take a defensible position/structure deep in the circle once the circle has contracted a few times, more often than not it will be to your advantage. You'll have lots of opportunities to pick off people running in, and if someone has a good setup on you at range, you can go hull down and wait until they have to get up and move from the blue and then pop them.

Strictly 1st person will definitely change tactics and strategies in big ways.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

what ive learned of goons is they are the kings of spreadsheets and strats but have gently caress all aim or map awareness

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Boy the server desyncs are brutal today.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I'm really not liking the new weapon spawning weights. Even in the dense towns basically nothing spawns, not even loving pistols and you have to get insanely lucky to even get an SMG. Then someone luckier than you comes along with an assault rifle and there's nothing you can do.

Even in the military loot areas you can get hosed. One game I parachuted onto the roof of the 3 story building in the crater. The only thing in the entire building was a 1911. That's it. There were a million attachments but gently caress all else.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

what ive learned of goons is they are the kings of spreadsheets and strats but have gently caress all aim or map awareness

Most goon strats go like this:

Loot some stuff, get a car. Flip said car, die without ever shooting your gun.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
But the IDEA was solid.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Is the Vector any good I haven't found one yet

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Yodzilla posted:

Boy the server desyncs are brutal today.

Yeah I've never really had actual server drops until this last patch. Annoying when you've just got kitted out well and it boots you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I think they need to adjust the loot again.

It's a different game if everyone needs to hit the big cities for chances at loot but the circle and time stay the same.

• Locked thread