Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Which is fine for teaching purposes. "Look how much fun you're having with your Falcon swatting down TiEs left, right, and center! It's just like the movies!" Though I can throw in something from the tie/fo expansion, or some interceptors as needed.

Mainly I'm looking for rebel advice, as I never play rebel.

If you have the standalone TIE/fo expansion you should learn to love and hate Omega Leader. Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay is a really mean 26 points. He'll shut down Han, and hard. I've literally taken out a full health, 60+ point Han with OL before, solo. He's one of the strongest pilots in the game 1 on 1.

The person Omega Leader has locked, when they're attacking OL or defending against OL, cannot:
* Re-roll dice, including Han's ability
* Change any die from one result to another. This is especially mean with Juke, because OL will change one of your evades to a focus, then you can't change it back. Another example you can't do is the one focus-to-hit on Luke crew.
* Add new results (like spending an evade token to add one evade result)

They can, however, make an entirely separate attack. So Luke crew will let Han shoot twice against OL (if the first misses, and it probably will), but in both attacks Han simply has to take what he rolls.

Of course, all of that only applies when the person OL has locked is exchanging fire with OL. If either party shoots or defends against anyone else, normal stuff applies. The best way to kill Omega Leader is to gangbang him with everything you have.

If you don't kill OL first, you'll probably end up in a situation where Han ate all the little baby TIEs but then gets clowned by this one rear end in a top hat in a slightly prettier TIE fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Keyan Farlander (29)
Rage (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Inspiring Recruit (1)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

Ten Numb (31)
Adaptability (0)
Collision Detector (0)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Nera Dantels (26)
Deadeye (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I really like B-wings, you guys.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

Keyan Farlander (29)
Rage (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Inspiring Recruit (1)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

Ten Numb (31)
Adaptability (0)
Collision Detector (0)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Nera Dantels (26)
Deadeye (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Float like a turtle, sting like a semi truck.

Checks out.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

IronSaber posted:

Keyan Farlander (29)
Rage (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Inspiring Recruit (1)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

Ten Numb (31)
Adaptability (0)
Collision Detector (0)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Nera Dantels (26)
Deadeye (1)
Collision Detector (0)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

I'd fly it.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Does Accuracy Corrector work on Backdraft, or is the back crit addition count as modding?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Slandible posted:

Does Accuracy Corrector work on Backdraft, or is the back crit addition count as modding?

Accuracy Correcter and Backdraft's extra crit are mutually exclusive.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Slandible posted:

Back crit from Backdraft is modding.
Modding is adding results, changing a result, or rerolling dice.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

So does that mean Backdraft can score two hits and a crit reliably? Or just the two hits?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

So does that mean Backdraft can score two hits and a crit reliably? Or just the two hits?

Just the two hits. Accuracy Corrector explicitly states you cannot further modify the dice.

Adding a result (such as his crit) is modification.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't think there is anything currently that can "break" AccCor in the same way that the MG Droid breaks the rules of Snap Shot, for example.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't think there is anything currently that can "break" AccCor in the same way that the MG Droid breaks the rules of Snap Shot, for example.

Yeah it's the difference between "You cannot modify" and "the dice cannot be modified"

If you specify a source of modification, such as "you," then you leave the dice open to modification by other sources.

If you just flat state that the dice cannot be modified, then there is no workaround.

Accuracy Corrector has the full stop the dice cannot be modified statement.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

MG Droid?

Also, speaking of crits...

Ten Numb (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Etahn A'baht (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R3-A2 (2)

Jake Farrell (24)
Juke (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Calculation (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

A gimmick squadron that spits out crits. Also known as the BEA-Wing Squad.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

M9-G8. I always forget the name because it doesn't follow the usual vague Astromech naming rules.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Ah, M9-G8. I didn't know he could work with Snap Snot.

Also, can someone tell me what the point is of Pattern Analyzer?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

IronSaber posted:

As I recall, it lets you perform a red maneuver, perform an action, then take the stress from the red maneuver.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

IronSaber posted:

"Check Pilot Stress" is where you assign a stress token after doing a red maneuver, or remove a stress token from doing a green maneuver. This usually happens after you execute the maneuver, but before you can take an action.
Pattern Analyzer lets you take that stress from a red maneuver AFTER you've taken your action. So on a T-70 you can do a red move like a Tallon Roll or a K-Turn, take an action, and then assign yourself the stress.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IronSaber posted:

Typically, "You" refers to the ship with the pilot ability/upgrade. So when Snap Shot says "You cannot modify your..." it is referring to that ship modifying the dice, through focus, target lock, or other ability.

M9-G8 is not the specific "You" because it is modifying another ship's shot, and so it can be used to modify a Snap Shot.

Edit: That Astro gets around Omega Leader with the same reasoning.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Pattern Analyzer is also amazing with Push the Limit.

You can do your green maneuver, delay the "check pilot stress" step, take your action, push for another action and a stress, then clear the stress during the "check pilot stress" step.

Two actions, no stress.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

Pattern Analyzer is also amazing with Push the Limit.

You can do your green maneuver, delay the "check pilot stress" step, take your action, push for another action and a stress, then clear the stress during the "check pilot stress" step.

Two actions, no stress.

Now that is some fascinating synergy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IronSaber posted:

Now that is some fascinating synergy.

Works incredibly well with Nien Nunb. Give him Stay On Target and no one will be escaping you.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Works incredibly well with Nien Nunb. Give him Stay On Target and no one will be escaping you.

Well, no one with lower PS.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

IronSaber posted:

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Total: 34

Dial in a Tallon Roll, use PA to delay getting stressed, get a free TL from Targeting Astromech, a free boost from Snap's ability and then your actual action.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

'cept you can't equip two EPT's on Nien.

A nice thought, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

IronSaber posted:

'cept you can't equip two EPT's on Nien.

A nice thought, though.

Not PtL, Pattern Analyzer. Use Stay on Target to change your dial so you can get within Range 1 (with a boost) and delay getting your stress until you have them in arc so you shed it for free.

Something like this:

Nien Nunb (29)
Stay On Target (2)
R3-A2 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Not PtL, Pattern Analyzer. Use Stay on Target to change your dial so you can get within Range 1 (with a boost) and delay getting your stress until you have them in arc so you shed it for free.

Something like this:

Nien Nunb (29)
Stay On Target (2)
R3-A2 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

I can't help it if there are too many acronyms! :argh:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Speaking of, the mnemonic I use to remember Ten Numb and Nien Nunb is that Ten NUMB is in a B-Wing, and thus costs too MANY points. Nien NUNB is NOT

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I had a shower thought.

Zuckuss (28)
Snap Shot (2)
Bossk (2)
Enhanced Scopes (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
Mist Hunter (0)

Latts Razzi (33)
Tractor Beam (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Weapons Engineer (3)
4-LOM (1)
Tactical Jammer (1)

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Deadeye (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Mostly just wanted a Snap Shot/Bossk crew combo.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So hi yall i kinda want to get into playing this game again but i haven't been keeping up since about Wave 6 or so? So i don't all the cool stuff i'm missing out on. Anything come out to make Y-Wings or A-Wings more effective overall?

What about running Ion? My favorite troll strat was to run a bunch of Y-Wings with Ion cannons then have Luke or Wedge flying alongside to mop up.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Speaking of, the mnemonic I use to remember Ten Numb and Nien Nunb is that Ten NUMB is in a B-Wing, and thus costs too MANY points. Nien NUNB is NOT

Nien Nunb was Lando's copilot in ROTJ. Him showing up in an X-wing in TFA was awesome.

If you were a real fan you wouldn't get them confused. :suicide:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

admanb posted:

Well, no one with lower PS.

If they're higher PS you just aim to get as close to their rear end as possible. Very, very few ships can escape their own firing arcs, so if you land right behind them, odds are good you'll get shots.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

canyoneer posted:

I just call him Neil Nub and Ted Num.

Welp, that's my whole story.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

If they're higher PS you just aim to get as close to their rear end as possible. Very, very few ships can escape their own firing arcs, so if you land right behind them, odds are good you'll get shots.

Which ships can escape their own arcs? I'm thinking the Phantom can on its own, Poe, and Ello can if given the right upgrades...anyone else? Maybe a YT-2400?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Basically any ship with a turn and a repositioning action can get outside its own arc trivially. E: if you want to trap Dash with lower PS you either have to force him into a corner, block him, or spread your arcs out so he can't clear all of them, and hope that he doesn't pop the one that keeps arc on him.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Anything with a 1-hard and a barrel roll can do it. That list of ships is small, and most of them that can do it would rather be doing 2-hards than 1-hards.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The real question though is not whether it can get out of its own arc but whether it can get out of the arc of a ship bumped into its behind.

But the REAL question is whether you can get your ship close enough behind him anyway. A competent Dash or RAC player won't ever have a ship that near them, they'll be kiting at range 3 or 2 respectively.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So hi yall i kinda want to get into playing this game again but i haven't been keeping up since about Wave 6 or so? So i don't all the cool stuff i'm missing out on. Anything come out to make Y-Wings or A-Wings more effective overall?

What about running Ion? My favorite troll strat was to run a bunch of Y-Wings with Ion cannons then have Luke or Wedge flying alongside to mop up.

Swing not so much even though Jake is awesome. With the y-wing there is a new title for it that lets you shoot your primary and turret in the same turn. But both are locked to the primary firing arc. It can be real nasty.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Another list idea thinking of trying tomorrow. Vessery always leads to get tractor beam off, Inq always target locks to feed Vessery, Outmanuever Backdraft with FCS to clean up.

TIE Avanced Prototype: · The Inquisitor (25)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

TIE/sf Fighter: · "Backdraft" (27)
Outmaneuver (3)
Fire Control System (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, I'm probably going to go to Gencon this year, and I was wondering what the X-Wing events are like there. As in, what days do the main events happen. I know the schedule hasn't been released yet, but I cannot for the life of me find the schedule from last year to get some kind of comparison. I only live a couple hours away from Indianapolis, and I'm trying to use the schedule to see how many nights I need to stay. Anyone go any idea how to find the schedules from last year? I apparently such at searching...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm 99% sure the GenCon tournament is a 2-day thing similar in structure to the system opens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I think it's actually a 3-day thing, poo poo's massive.

• Locked thread