Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

big nipples big life posted:

the 12m vertical cap on all those mods still makes cache hunting a pain on some maps but it's better than nothing

Remember you can combine those mods/auras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Helter Skelter posted:

yeah but the vertical is always capped to 12, it just expands horizontal range

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NumptyScrub posted:

If you are up for helping me finish that loving "win by less than 10" Index poo poo for Nidus (the AI keeps loving me over on that one), I will happily run Lephantis with you, I think I've got a stack of keys left over from when I was farming him.

XBox gamertag is Numptyscrub and I normally play EU evening hours, if you see me on feel free to shoot me an invite :coal:

I added you. LK713 in game, for me. I have some stuff to do in the next few days so I dunno when I'll be on compared to your timezones, but I should be around intermittently.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Stacking all the loot mods still makes it so that you have to jump upwards to check an entire room with a high ceiling. And 12 meters sounds about right really. I've never seen it in writing that it was capped, but you really don't get that much vertical detection.

One thing I've found concerning loot mods: An Animal Instinct and Thieve's Wit will extend the range far enough to be just outside the range of your minimap when it is minimized so that is really all you need. No need to change your aura to loot detector as well.

Broose fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 20, 2017

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
quote is not edit

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

big nipples big life posted:

yeah but the vertical is always capped to 12, it just expands horizontal range

Yeah, I missed the "vertical" part of that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm trying to be a better human and wake up early (630AM). Thanks to this and my alerts app I was able to get that Orokin catalyst blueprint that expired at 7AM.

gently caress alerts. :downs:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Do we get the same alerts as other regions? I always figured the weird rear end alerts at strange hours were for China or something.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm trying to be a better human and wake up early (630AM). Thanks to this and my alerts app I was able to get that Orokin catalyst blueprint that expired at 7AM.

gently caress alerts. :downs:

I got that alert on the toilet this morning, ofc it was a spy so it took long enough that I had to jam breakfast into my face to make it to work on time.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Do we get the same alerts as other regions? I always figured the weird rear end alerts at strange hours were for China or something.
Yes. China specifically is on their own separate branch of the game entirely because China, but the rest of the world all gets tossed in one big pot (separated by platform, but otherwise unified).

Set your matchmaking ping limits high enough and play at the right time and you might find yourself playing with random Japanese folks like I have on more than one occasion.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bistromatic posted:

Sometimes when the host has a lovely connection instead of just not working the door will only open halfway. It always makes me wonder how doors are handled internally that this is even possible.

This game has messed up netcode, I joined a public group the other day in a defense mission, at least 6 more joined after me. Everyone was confused as hell but the host kept saying it happens to him all the time when he's host because of his bad connection.

I don't mean people were disconnecting and new people were joining, I mean there were literally 14+ players in one Defense mission.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 20, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

deep dish peat moss posted:

This game has messed up netcode, I joined a public group the other day in a defense mission, at least 6 more joined after me. Everyone was confused as hell but the host kept saying it happens to him all the time when he's host because of his bad connection.

I don't mean people were disconnecting and new people were joining, I mean there were literally 14+ players in one Defense mission.

I would love to see them call that a feature and make some kind of stupid 40 player raid, even though I know they'd DE it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is going to make everyone in the thread mad but mine dropped my very first run.

Mine did too, actually. :moonrio:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
are there any mandachord savants here? i'd really like to get yakety sax, the official theme song of warframe.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

I've had this happen to me in a Void Rift, and the UI handles picking from 5 relics to open. I wonder how it would handle 14... Would be interesting if this bug could be reliably reproduced, and used to get to insanely high defense/survival levels.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
From my limited time playing the game it seems that DE unvaults stuff/redoes events when the market prices for the frames/weapons/mods get absurd. I don't think Nyx will get a rework unless she gets unvaulted. I don't think Nyx prices have gone up as long as I've played the game, about 4 months.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

are there any mandachord savants here? i'd really like to get yakety sax, the official theme song of warframe.

Unfortunately a single octave of the minor pentatonic scale isn't going to cut it, especially for a song like yakety sax which has tons of accidentals and a wide range of pitches. I'd really like to see them expand the mandachord to be able to change keys and add more pitches, but I'm sure they did what they did so trolls couldn't play tritones and minor seconds all the time to drive everyone insane with dissonance.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Cis Lord posted:

From my limited time playing the game it seems that DE unvaults stuff/redoes events when the market prices for the frames/weapons/mods get absurd. I don't think Nyx will get a rework unless she gets unvaulted. I don't think Nyx prices have gone up as long as I've played the game, about 4 months.

Nyx is probably going to stay low for a long while. Her parts were part of the switch over from keys to relics, so a lot of people probably still have tons of relics containing them.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

This happened to me once while credit farming on Akkad, though we only had 8.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

AttackBacon posted:

Further hot takes: Thank god they fixed Cataclysm, I don't think I have ever been more annoyed in Warframe. Now they just have to figure out how to make Stasis not super annoying for your team and the Limbo rework will be perfect.

Just make Stasis not apply to allies' weapons. So Limbo can gear for setting up whatever wacky stasis trap with a kulstar or angstrum or whatever people are doing, and the rest of us can continue to shoot things in the rift with impunity. Win/win.

Knowing DE this is likely a huge undertaking regarding the code behind stasis.

E: anyone else getting way more network not responding errors than, say two days ago?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Cis Lord posted:

It's based on the order things were released/vaulted. So you know in advance who's going away next. I think Volt Prime and Odonata Prime are on the chopping block? Not sure who the next unvault is.

Gramps posted:

Unfortunately a single octave of the minor pentatonic scale isn't going to cut it, especially for a song like yakety sax which has tons of accidentals and a wide range of pitches. I'd really like to see them expand the mandachord to be able to change keys and add more pitches, but I'm sure they did what they did so trolls couldn't play tritones and minor seconds all the time to drive everyone insane with dissonance.

Nooooo :saddowns:
I literally did the Octavia quest over the weekend in hopes of getting the Mandachord so I could specifically set up Yakety Sax, but then I found out that you need the frame before you can compose anything even if you have the Mandachord built. That does explain why nobody seemed to have a Yakety Sax mandachord example, though.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

ElegantFugue posted:

It's based on the order things were released/vaulted. So you know in advance who's going away next. I think Volt Prime and Odonata Prime are on the chopping block? Not sure who the next unvault is.

Volt and Odonata primes were vaulted a few weeks ago. Allegedly, Ash/Vectis/Carrier Primes are the next ones to be vaulted, and Rhino Prime will be the next to be UNvaulted.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
For Oberon fans, they just showed off a WIP build for his powers on Prime Time, so here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oONE7TQthk&t=4330s

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Everyone post their best trade coup! I'll start.

Kavat breeding has sort of become my end game. I'll usually give out imprints for free or prime junk, but sometimes I run across someone with more plat than sense. I think his name was 'TallFoieGras' or something.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Sazabi posted:

Kavat breeding has sort of become my end game. I'll usually give out imprints for free or prime junk, but sometimes I run across someone with more plat than sense. I think his name was 'TallFoieGras' or something.

Did you just use the same line Joker did in the dark knight for a cat print?

and he didn't just lie about how much plat he had

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

and he didn't just lie about how much plat he had

What if... he did?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
With 75% discount, that still costs $125. For a cat.

Couldn't you, like, buy kavat making bundle in the market? Even without imprints, how many times can he roll even with rushing with that much plat? :psyduck:

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
assuming he did zero farming each kavat is 10 dna strands(50p)+rush(15p)and if he were like me and got a new stasis chamber for each kitty that's an additional(10p) so 10000/75=133.33 kavats. And 153.84 if he consigned everyone he didn't like, but that will cost around 3.8 million credits.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I got some more plat and a bunch of prime sets recently and am trying to think of another giveaway contest. Someone earlier suggested a poetry jam and that sounds pretty good, any other ideas?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

From the latest patchnotes:

Fixed the Redeemer not properly alerting enemies when fired.

I guess the age of stealth Redeemer is over.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Infected posted:

From the latest patchnotes:

Fixed the Redeemer not properly alerting enemies when fired.

I guess the age of stealth Redeemer is over.

Oh gently caress me, and I'm right about to do the rank 19 stealth test too.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Just be Banshee and ignore the change?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Sazabi posted:

I chuckled at how you bothered to block out all the names of your trade partner in the chat box and trade window, but forgot the PM title and chat member box. But I guess that was purposeful.

wid posted:

Just be Banshee and ignore the change?

Makes me wonder: Did the sharpa (or whatever that other gun-melee was called) alert enemies when it was released?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

But what does the 10k Cat look like?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I guess this is more like what Baro's normally like?

Fanged Fusillade is the only non-stance mod. There's a Hydroid skin and a booster as well.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Ah, I can finally colour my Helminth's energy colour. We can finally coordinate:

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 21, 2017

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I guess this is more like what Baro's normally like?

Fanged Fusillade is the only non-stance mod. There's a Hydroid skin and a booster as well.
God damnit I was hoping for Sweeping Serration for my Tigris Prime :mad:

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Sweet, i can definitely use Tempo Royale.

Is anything this time round specifically worth getting for resale later?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

:confuoot:
I guess it's less likely to kill you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
When trading mods, do they trade at rank or do they reset to 0?