Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Vita is a cool console shame it died of alcohol poisoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Severed is made by Drinkbox Studios who also did Guacamelee.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My Vita is sitting charging plugged into the wall a few feet from my PC. It has a thick layer of dust and I have literally not turned it on in four months. I think I plugged it in to charge so I could wipe it before putting it up on eBay, but then :effort:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Persona 4 Golden is good and one of the few games with characters I actively gave a poo poo about

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I very much get mutata even if I don't agree with all their stances. Gamers are entertainment consumers feeding at a trough where most of the people involved have committed intellectual property theft since this poo poo started. It's an ugly business. It's hard to make money. You work hundreds of hours of overtime and get paid less than you would doing boring easier work in equivalent non-gaming version of your job. And a ton of people are incredibly petty and hoping you fail because you made a bad Aliens game or you made a game exclusive to a platform they didn't like or it's a story game and story games suck or you're resurrecting a franchise they love and they don't think you can do it justice or you're simply a big name but not the big name that they love or hell maybe they don't like your games for justified reasons but all they can do is talk about how much they hate you and how much you deserve to fail. And then inevitably you will fail because everyone fails some of the time and gamers, informed by a childish culture, will parade your failures forever.

At the few game companies I worked for, we couldn't read the fan boards. We even wanted to but looking at them was painful because the hate stood out. It was just a lot of near aimless negativity thrown at you about something done months or years ago when you'd moved past it and had been in a dozen meetings talking about how to do better and were already working on the next thing. Half the fans didn't know what they were talking about but we couldn't explain to them why without spending 20 pages telling the history of the thing they were complaining about that they probably wouldn't read or care about, anyway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Been playing Dishonored 2 (got it from GF for Christmas and been on backlog) story is meh(like the last one) but the world building and lore are cool. they also greatly improved the combat and the made it even more gory. grenades really tear stuff up.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Scrublord Prime posted:

red donut level design

What does this mean?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just saw this. Speaking of Gearbox.... Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is really good. It's not exactly "modern-times" but it basically feels like commanding a Carrier Battle Group, which is a real thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1yrFE9FfrA

Hell yea that game was good.

Then I foolishly went back and tried to replay Homeworld 1 and 2. They did not age well at all. Especially with all their lovely missions.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how did the gearbox led remasters of homeworld 1 and 2 turn out?

i ask because i own them but when i installed them the game would just crash on startup every single time so i gave up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They should release Duke Nukem DLCs for the Homeworld games

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

how did the gearbox led remasters of homeworld 1 and 2 turn out?

i ask because i own them but when i installed them the game would just crash on startup every single time so i gave up

They cleaned up the textures and unified the UI for 1 and 2 so you can do stuff like pick formations in 1 that you couldn't do before. No other changes beyond that, including leaving in some legacy bugs like being unable to progress a mission if you save all 6 of the cryo pods lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What does this mean?

It's from the MMX6 video that was posted about Blaze Heatnix's "stage" where they just made you fight the same boring red donut enemy five times in a loving row with slight bad changes and always with a massive pool of health to chew through.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They cleaned up the textures and unified the UI for 1 and 2 so you can do stuff like pick formations in 1 that you couldn't do before. No other changes beyond that, including leaving in some legacy bugs like being unable to progress a mission if you save all 6 of the cryo pods lol

Not entirely true. SInce they basically ported HW1 to a modernized version of the HW2 engine, it screwed up a lot of the balance and mechanics for the first game. For example, HW1 simulates all of its shots while HW2 just uses a bunch of dice rolls. To their credit, however, they then went and released one last major patch that I think fixed all of that stuff.

E: And "cleaning up the textures" doesn't give them enough credit, since they completely remodeled and retextured everything, for HW1, at least. Say what you will about Gearbox, but it was a legitimate, graphical remake instead of just an HD upres.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 20, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDThbiDrDOc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Hi,

I haven't played any PC games in probably 8 years but used to loving love playing Empire Earth, Age of Empires, and Command and Conquer and other "historic"/modern RTS games. Has there been anything in the past few years I should check out?

Thank you,

Shrimp

Have you played Men of War?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

corn in the bible posted:

Have you played Men of War?

poo poo, good pick, my man.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAv8_I7e_CA

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone with a Switch know if that racing game is any good

The one that looks like F-Wipeout

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's good but I'm really bad at it and that's not fun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mordja posted:

Not entirely true. SInce they basically ported HW1 to a modernized version of the HW2 engine, it screwed up a lot of the balance and mechanics for the first game. For example, HW1 simulates all of its shots while HW2 just uses a bunch of dice rolls. To their credit, however, they then went and released one last major patch that I think fixed all of that stuff.

E: And "cleaning up the textures" doesn't give them enough credit, since they completely remodeled and retextured everything, for HW1, at least. Say what you will about Gearbox, but it was a legitimate, graphical remake instead of just an HD upres.

Good stuff. I had no idea they redid a bunch of models for the remasters.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mordja posted:

poo poo, good pick, my man.

Men of War and, to a lesser degree, Faces of War are my favorite rtses ever!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

4/20 touch fuzzy get dizzy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

4/20 touch fuzzy get dizzy

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone want to trade Ouya friend codes?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
:nws: angry Kirby underwear

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/w_...70418yummy1.jpg

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Thanks for that link to what appears to be a thirteen year old in her underwear I guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lurdiak posted:

Thanks for that link to what appears to be a thirteen year old in her underwear I guess.

If I wanted to see that, I would just look at the avatars of half the posters in this thread.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah dude, that's creepy, that model is way too young.

edit: and she looks pissed

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MegaMan X6 might be one of the worst games ever made.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It's official Nintendo merchandise out now and I think she's at least 18.

edit: out april 26th according to the article where I got the image from

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 20, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

yummy1.jpg

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
For the more modest, there is what is apparently yummy2.jpg
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_0...70418yummy2.jpg

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

If I wanted to see that, I would just look at the avatars of half the posters in this thread.

Ayyyyy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grapplejack posted:

Gamer Confession: The mega man x games all the way to the Zero games have the camera zoomed way way too far in so they aren't fun to play imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

X7 is worse

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Technically this twelve-year-old-looking girl is a 300 y-o vampire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Gamer Confession: The mega man x games all the way to the Zero games have the camera zoomed way way too far in so they aren't fun to play imo

X1 is drat near perfect but I don't think I'll play any game X2+ ever again.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

For the more modest, there is what is apparently yummy2.jpg
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_0...70418yummy2.jpg

Whoopie cushion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How come you never see a character that looks like a 300 year old vampire but is technically a 12 year old girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tPS71AJqZo

• Locked thread