Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you were a true fan your cat would be named Link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Deltron 3030 posted:

I drove up to work for the day and opted not to bring my Switch. I was regretting it so I just went home for lunch and got baked with Link and my cat.

I'm gonna try to hold out and wait for a cheaper used copy of MK8 since I played it a ton on WiiU, but I have a feeling I'm going to see the inevitably sensational reviews and cave in by like May 2nd.

You'll pay like 5 bucks less in a year my dude.

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Feenix posted:

Any good strats for Fast RMX? I got (on the lowest speed class (Subsonic?) to like the last 3 events, and I feel like no matter how well I do, how hard I push it, I get like 4th and 5th on every race...

Probably best to stop crashing so much.

Also, boost always.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RoboFrance_29 posted:

Probably best to stop crashing so much.

Also, boost always.

Always Be Cboosting is good advice for many games

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Deltron 3030 posted:

I drove up to work for the day and opted not to bring my Switch. I was regretting it so I just went home for lunch and got baked with Link and my cat.

I'm gonna try to hold out and wait for a cheaper used copy of MK8 since I played it a ton on WiiU, but I have a feeling I'm going to see the inevitably sensational reviews and cave in by like May 2nd.

You can maybe swap your Wii U game for a buck and get it cheaper that way, or you can wait for the $40 Switch Selects release in like two years maybe

Nintendo's got zero reason to give away MK8 for cheap, that game's bound to have a 60% attach rate for the next year or something like that

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Seriously though there's still not a single My Nintendo reward for the Switch and I'm thoroughly unimpressed :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If they released a SNES Mini and it was $100 or even $119.99 there would be just as zero left on the shelves as the NES one.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Feenix posted:

Any good strats for Fast RMX? I got (on the lowest speed class (Subsonic?) to like the last 3 events, and I feel like no matter how well I do, how hard I push it, I get like 4th and 5th on every race...

If you hit a launchpad, boost while you are in the air. Get better at leaning. Try Hero mode or Time Attack to learn the courses.

Hero mode is a good way to figure out what turns are loving you up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Seriously though there's still not a single My Nintendo reward for the Switch and I'm thoroughly unimpressed :colbert:

Something better come before all my gold coins from buying Star Fox and Color Splash expire.:smith:

I'd be happy if they just offered Wii U and 3DS VC games again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

My Nintendo is garbage. Club Nintendo was much better. I got lots of free games and your points didn't expire.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You'll pay like 5 bucks less in a year my dude.

I'm just trying to get maximum efficiency out of my money like that guy who wanted to sell his Switch then buy it again in a few months. I was out of town last weekend so I sold all of my furniture. I'm not just going to let that poo poo depreciate on me.

In other news, y'all should buy some Nintendo stock before their next earnings report on the 26th. We all can see the Switch will be a financial hit.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Spacebump posted:

My Nintendo is garbage. Club Nintendo was much better. I got lots of free games and your points didn't expire.

It's gonna feel so bad when my mountains of points expire the day before they add a single vc game as a reward or whatever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stan Taylor posted:

It's gonna feel so bad when my mountains of points expire the day before they add a single vc game as a reward or whatever.

It will be a VC game you already bought anyway.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

All I want is to be able to buy all my Mario games again for the 5th time

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Not a Children posted:

All I want is to be able to buy all my Mario games again for the 5th time

unironically same

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Stan Taylor posted:

Please understand, fans complained about Club Nintendo not having enough good rewards so we took away good rewards for My Nintendo.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Spacebump posted:

There was no Club Nintendo in Sweden so I signed up in the UK eshop which hosed me over big time when the Pound gained in value. Thankfully, Brexit solved that problem

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
lmao at people who think there'll ever be a VC game on My Nintendo, at best you'll get it as a one month rental.

...wait, that's what they're gonna do isn't it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lmao at people who think there'll ever be a VC game on My Nintendo, at best you'll get it as a one month rental.

...wait, that's what they're gonna do isn't it.

Nah, it'll be a 15% discount off one rental.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I can't wait until My Nintendo gives me discounts on games I already bought.

I got several hundred dollars selling Club Nintendo rewards and a ton of free games and people used to complain about how bad it was.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I too remember when Club Nintendo had those good offers when it was about to close up shop. Before that though loving lmao.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I was about to tell Infinitum that Kamiko is coming out next week in the west now but no idea if that includes Australia.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Phantasium posted:

I was about to tell Infinitum that Kamiko is coming out next week in the west now but no idea if that includes Australia.

Is it though? I could only see it in the EU eshop

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Is it though? I could only see it in the EU eshop

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/kamiko-coming-west-april-27

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kamiko-switch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reviews are rolling in on MetaCritic for MK8D. Pretty respectable score average of 94 right now

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Reviews are rolling in on MetaCritic for MK8D. Pretty respectable score average of 94 right now

Call me when it hits 97+

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Call me when it hits 97+

If it doesn't I'm gonna DDoS your website

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Bloop posted:

If they released a SNES Mini and it was $100 or even $119.99 there would be just as zero left on the shelves as the NES one.

Make everyone redeem 2,000 Silver My Nintendo Coins for the opportunity to purchase an SNES mini at full price. Maybe i'd have a chance of getting one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They will overproduce the SNES mini and it will languish on shelves like the animal crossing Amiibo. Then as a result they will underproduce the N64 mini and no one will be able to get one.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

There was no Club Nintendo in Sweden

There was until 2006.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Goons I can't believe I'm playing breath of the wild on a portable console

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
getting a switch in the mail tomorrow. what a world

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

What happened to BoF anyway? I haven't looked at it since, like, the first couple hours of BoF3

Breath of Fire 6 happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXc4C6rGiI

I haven't seen a good RPG series suffer such a terrible death since Suikoden Tierkries.

it shriveled up posted:

EDIT: wrong thread, sorry.

Too late, you've already spoiled Arrowverse is coming to the Switch. Barry Allen's going to gently caress up everything on the console like he does on the show.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Phantasium posted:

I bought Kamiko off the Japanese eshop. It has 3 characters with different fighting styles and lets you have separate progress saving for each character. The gameplay is fairly basic and coupled with decent music and spritework, it's decent for $5.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Evil Fluffy posted:

Breath of Fire 6 happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXc4C6rGiI

I haven't seen a good RPG series suffer such a terrible death since Suikoden Tierkries.

That is merely a 14 year old corpse being paraded around. Just like in my japanimes.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Are all you guys ready to go to Rainbow Road next week?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't wait to play Satan's game next week.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Are all you guys ready to go to Rainbow Road next week?

Rainbow road is great. All the girls at the party put on a different colored lipstick and then, you know, play Mario Kart.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I noticed that the eshop page for each game says what modes it supports. I know Voez can only be played with the touch screen, but I didn't know if they had gotten some special exception from Nintendo on that. So I guess there's no reason to think Nintendo won't have certain games like Mario Maker just because you can't do certain things in certain modes. They could just have a pop up thing that says "If you switch to portable mode, you can use the touch screen to place pieces" or something like that.

parallelodad posted:

They will overproduce the SNES mini and it will languish on shelves like the animal crossing Amiibo. Then as a result they will underproduce the N64 mini and no one will be able to get one.

I hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cojawfee posted:

I noticed that the eshop page for each game says what modes it supports. I know Voez can only be played with the touch screen, but I didn't know if they had gotten some special exception from Nintendo on that. So I guess there's no reason to think Nintendo won't have certain games like Mario Maker just because you can't do certain things in certain modes. They could just have a pop up thing that says "If you switch to portable mode, you can use the touch screen to place pieces" or something like that.
That's interesting... I always thought that the touch screen thing needing to be replicated with a controller so that they could release a budget Switch 3 years from now without a tablet.

• Locked thread