Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

You can't be in a position this good and not do at least a little colonialism :colbert:

We are going to do some, in the Med and North Africa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PurpleXVI posted:

By this point I feel like EVERY "and it went well for the Jizrunids!"-post has either ended with, or turned around with, about two-thirds of the way through: "...and then it ALL went to poo poo again."

It always ends with a Juzrunid getting something important cut off or out.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Both sides have little ambition. Why should we not both continue the Jihad past the mountains and create Allahbama?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Why go to the New World when we can use naval superiority to bring the Quran and the wisdom of the Prophet to Africa, India, China, and the mysterious Spice Islands? Riches await in the distant Orient.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Look guys, that New World ain't gonna colonize itself, and it might as well be the servants of Allah who do it. I mean, it's not like we're going to get Muslim Mormons or something. Or are we?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Patter Song posted:

Why go to the New World when we can use naval superiority to bring the Quran and the wisdom of the Prophet to Africa, India, China, and the mysterious Spice Islands? Riches await in the distant Orient.

And, get this, you can reach India and China by going west.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

TildeATH posted:

You know, if you saved the cut-off portions from all the Jizrunids, you could build another Jizrunid.

It would be 80% penises, but still.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Yeah Gothmod is already doing the colonial power thing and Wiz had Muslim America way back when. Double down and become king of the Med with Iberia, Sicily, and Morocco
It would be neat to help our bro in the Mideast too.

ZearothK posted:

And, get this, you can reach India and China by going west.
I mean, it would be amusing to just take the part in the middle to reach all the way to the east but still. Though seeing as the High Native Americans are apparently kicking about, it will be curious to see if folks manage even that~

Man, if only we'd gone for Islamic Ireland/Iceland. Just completely block off European colonization.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Waiting for Atlantis to appear in the middle of the Atlantic, only to sink at the end of EU4 to smooth over the conversion.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I like the idea of colonization in Africa and the Middle East instead of the New World. The Christians can flee across the ocean if they want. Our legacy will be closer to home.

Also lol at our totally incompetent child ruler. Let's hope we don't lose too much territory before he sires a more capable heir.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It would be neat to help our bro in the Mideast too.
I mean, it would be amusing to just take the part in the middle to reach all the way to the east but still. Though seeing as the High Native Americans are apparently kicking about, it will be curious to see if folks manage even that~

Man, if only we'd gone for Islamic Ireland/Iceland. Just completely block off European colonization.

Andalusia is Europe, though.

The main practical reasons to do colonization in a LP are two. First, it gets the player-nation involved with more of the world, which adds variety and makes what would be background events in other continents relevant to the playthrough; and second, allowing for expansion/conquests that can be naturally broken off as colonies rebel or gain autonomy, which can help reduce the blobbing between EU4 and V3 while still maintaining a cultural connection and a stake in those places, providing ample opportunities to engage them even after the family went its own way. Similar to our relationship with Sicily and Jerusalem, but spread around the world.

I have given this way more thought than I should.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Luhood posted:

Pyrenees? The Total Deconquista ends at the Rhein! :colbert:

Yeah, gently caress Charles Martel!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

What do you know and how do you know it :tinfoil:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Crazycryodude posted:

What do you know and how do you know it :tinfoil:

The truth, and I just do.

Though Hashim should slow down his playthrough or the thread will be archived before V3 is past its tenth dev diary if he decides to wait for it.

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Wh-What do you mean that's the actual plot?!

ZearothK posted:

The truth, and I just do.

Though Hashim should slow down his playthrough or the thread will be archived before V3 is past its tenth dev diary if he decides to wait for it.

:tinfoil: It's a witch! Burn her/him/it/parakeet!

(Although, seriously, we know it must be coming at some point. I hope.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TildeATH posted:

Why does cutting bits off cure tuberculosis etc anyway? It seems to be both the only effective treatment and an always effective treatment, for everything.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
I just did a quick count and, unless I missed someone, this is our final tally:

- 4 sultans died in suspicious 'accidents'
- 4 sultans were crippled by their physicians
- 3 sultans had their dicks cut off

Truly, the Middle Ages were a time of great knowledge and learning.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Why does cutting bits off cure tuberculosis etc anyway? It seems to be both the only effective treatment and an always effective treatment, for everything.

Misdiagnosis and coincidence.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Hashim posted:

I just did a quick count and, unless I missed someone, this is our final tally:

- 4 sultans died in suspicious 'accidents'
- 4 sultans were crippled by their physicians
- 3 sultans had their dicks cut off

Truly, the Middle Ages were a time of great knowledge and learning.

:getin:

Surely the sultanate can afford to purchase Manhattan. Freeze out the Dutch!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

theblastizard posted:

Misdiagnosis and coincidence.

you can throw yourself into a fire and Satan will regrow your lost bits, and also become immortal or summon Cthulhu.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chapter 30 – Epilogue – A Short Summary of CK2

845 AH, Qadis

Sultan Sayf was dying. His nights were spent suffering through wracking coughs and uncontrollable convulsions, and every morning saw him weaker than the last. He didn’t dare summon his physicians, he knew full well that he didn’t have much time left, and they would probably just make it worse.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, the sultan laboriously pushed himself off his bed and staggered his way to the nearby desk, collapsing into the ornate armchair behind it. After taking a few moments to catch his breath, Sayf leaned forward and clasped the leather-bound journal that was resting against the scented wood.

The leather was supple and aged, the paper flaky and scabrous, but that little book was the single most valuable possession that he had. And seeing as he was the Sultan of Al Andalus, that was saying something.

Decades in the making and spanning centuries of history, the Chronicles of Al Andalus was a collection of personal writings, posthumous biographies, historic letters and flowery poetry that all came together to record the long reign of the Jizrunids thus far.

Sayf had spent years collecting the letters, books and manuscripts that formed the semi-coherent narrative, and seeing it complete was his proudest achievement.

The dying sultan cautiously peeled the front cover of the journal open, running his eyes over the first entry - a marriage contract that dated all the way back to a Sheikh Muhammad, who had ruled Qadis when it was nothing but a small and unimportant fishing village.

There wasn’t too much on Muhammad, he led a wholly unremarkable life, and died a few short years after inheriting the sheikhdom.

There was no shortage of material on the next Jizrunid ruler, however, Sheikh Az’ar was a shamefully common character in children’s stories and scholarly histories alike.

Contemporary writers swore that Az’ar was Shaitan incarnate, that he was evil personified, nothing short of a devil with great horns curving from his brow, red eyes that constantly glimmered and a black heart that didn't beat. Sayf leafed through the next few pages, which were full of anti-Jizrunid rhetoric, with countless scholarly publications denouncing Az’ar as a ‘Son of Satan’, encouraging the populace to rise up in revolt and depose him.

Perhaps inevitably, Azar’s death arrived rather abruptly, his life cut short in an ‘accident’. To put it bluntly, it would seem he was killed in the act of lovemaking, by none other than the young mistress who shared his bed. Not the best way to go, needless to say.

These accidents would quickly become a recurring theme throughout Jizrunid history, unfortunately. In fact, Azar’s own son, Masud the Unfortunate, would die a hideous cripple a scant few years later.

Every now and then, however, there was a Jizrunid who managed to shine. After a scattering of medical entries detailing Masud’s extensive injuries, entire pages of the book were dedicated to Emir Galind, who’d become something of a storybook legend over the centuries.

Dubbed the ‘Kingkiller’ throughout his long life, Galind was widely regarded as the first Sultan of a truly revived Al Andalus, having defeated an array of Christian powers in a succession of wars. He threw back a dangerous Aragonese invasion, conquered vast tracts of land from the Kingdom of Portugal, recaptured the historic city of Qurtubah - and, as his nickname implies, cut down a fair few kings in the process.

Another racking cough suddenly overwhelmed the sultan, who clamped his arm against his mouth to shield his precious book. When the coughs finally subsided a few painful minutes later, Sayf’s sleeves came away drenched in blood. It was becoming more common, but the sultan didn’t even blink, his attention quickly shifting back to his treasured tome.

Sayf carefully thumbed past a few more pages, which recorded the reign of Sultan Fath, who'd managed to repel the First Crusade for Al Andalus. A great achievement, but Fath would not be justly rewarded for it, not by a long shot. Not only did an operation gone awry claim his manhood, but the Sultan was brutally assassinated a few years later, cut down in the middle of his own palace.

After staring at a dry, flaky painting of Fath for a few minutes longer, Sayf moved on, skimming past the short reigns and unfortunate ends of Utman and Abdul-Hasan, both of whom led relatively inconsequential lives and shared equally-bloody deaths.

When he reached a tattered painting of a regal man atop his throne, however, Sayf came to a halt. Hakam the Reformer was a famous man, still revered by writers and poets today, despite the infamous suicide that closed his reign.

His years in power were widely-regarded as the zenith of medieval Jizrunid power, having witnessed the tolerance and leniency of minorities and heretics, championed patience and magnanimity between bitterly-divided peoples, supported a flourishing of culture and arts throughout the peninsula…

... Only to be succeeded by the horrifying, devastating years of the Black Death. Slashing the population of Iberia by hundreds of thousands, catalysing a succession of bloody civil wars, sending entire kingdoms into crushing debt and unrest, inciting the assassination of countless sultans and emirs…

The effects of the Great Leveller were still being felt all across the world, of that much there was no doubt.

If anything, however, the Andalusi were a persistent people. Sultan Sayf felt the corners of his mouth tugging into something eerily close to a smile as he leafed through a few more pages, which were full of verses and balladry praising the exploits of Ayyub al-Ansar, who was the first Jizrunid sultan to defeat the Roman Empire in open battle, only to be brought low when he was captured and castrated by Italian partisans.

After thumbing past a crude drawing of a coin bearing Ayyub's likeness, Sayf slowed down, thumbing through dozens of pages dedicated solely to beautiful, heart-wrenching, ambitious poetry. As the pages turned and years flew past, however, they gradually began to morph into something much, much darker, something angry at the world and its creator. These were the personal writings of the Mad King, the Lunatic, the Pagan-Sultan, the man who plunged Al Andalus into civil war and was slain by his bastard half-brother.

The years following the rule of the Mad King tell a story of a divided Al Andalus, one in which the rift between the Sultan and his vassals only become wider, culminating in countless uprisings and rebellions. These internal conflicts characterised the reigns of the next sultan, Ayyub the Good, whose heart gave out after Qadis itself was besieged in the Second Crusade for Al Andalus.

His successor, however, managed to piece the realm together again. Nicknamed Sayfullah, or the Sword of Allah, Sultan Ma’n reunified Al Andalus by focusing his efforts on external wars, dedicating his life to bloody campaigns in Sicily and the Holy Land. His most famous act would be the public execution of the Bishop of Rome, in his very own streets, before a thronging crowd of Christian-faithful and Muslim invaders.

Crisp letters, archaic edicts, flattering paintings and poetry took up the next few pages before the entries came to a sudden, abrupt end. At the top of the final page was Sayf’s name, penned down in calligraphic script, but with nothing written below it. For a brief moment, the sultan wondered what stories his page would tell a few years later, when he was dead and buried and gone from this world.

But then the cough came back, and the Sultan collapsed onto his marble floors, his heart hammering against his chest. Once the painful convulsions came to an end, the young man pushed himself up from the blood-spattered rug, onto his knees, then onto his feet. He wanted nothing more than to curl up and sleep forever, but he was still a sultan, and a sultan did not embrace death willingly.

Instead, he reached over his desk and plucked his journal up, carefully tying the brittle leather cords shut. He then turned around and shuffled his way towards the balcony, desperate for some wind and air to clear the stench of iron.

Outside, a red sun stretched across the vast sky and a cool breeze wafted towards the balcony. Just beyond the parapets, Qadis stretched out into the horizon to create a magnificent view of a city on the rise, home to thousands of mansions and houses and hovels, to hundreds of mosques and churches and shrines, to countless piercing minarets, crenellated arches, and honeycomb domes. The ancestral seat of the Jizrunids had grown far beyond the thatched fences and wooden portcullises that once bound it against the sea.

After taking in the view for a few moments more, Sultan Sayf turned around and hobbled back into his dark rooms. He would not see out the night, but the city behind him would continue to prosper and grow, one day to become the very centre of the world.

-- -- --

The world of 1444, after border adjustments:

The world of 1444, before border adjustments:

I swapped a few provinces around, got rid of a bunch of OPMs, and released a couple powerful vassals where it made sense. There's still going to be a few changes, but that's probably going to be what EU4 looks like.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 17, 2018

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

edit; woops, added to update instead.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 17, 2018

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Will the HRE be divided as per Vanilla or will it stay a unified state? And if the former will Brandenburg, Provence and Tirol(?) be part of it or independent similarly to Italy in Vanilla?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Luhood posted:

Will the HRE be divided as per Vanilla or will it stay a unified state? And if the former will Brandenburg, Provence and Tirol(?) be part of it or independent similarly to Italy in Vanilla?

Definitely gonna be divided. Brandenburg won't be in it because it was created by a breakaway Polish duke, Provence and Switzerland might be, depending on how observer games go.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Surprisingly historical outside of Iberia save disappearing Ottomans and the Celtic Empire.

What's the purple between Castille and Navarre?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Hashim posted:

Definitely gonna be divided. Brandenburg won't be in it because it was created by a breakaway Polish duke, Provence and Switzerland might be, depending on how observer games go.

How deep did the Mongols get into Iran/Iraq? If they didn't get that deep, they should probably get some buffs to their starting tax/production numbers since they wouldn't have been sacked the way they were historically. Baghdad especially should be one of the best provinces in the game (at least at game start).

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

How deep did the Mongols get into Iran/Iraq? If they didn't get that deep, they should probably get some buffs to their starting tax/production numbers since they wouldn't have been sacked the way they were historically. Baghdad especially should be one of the best provinces in the game (at least at game start).

They never even conquered Persia, their empire mostly consisted of the Steppes, Central Asia, the Caucasus and parts of Russia at it's height. So yeah, I'll probably buff development in that region.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also, I've run into a bunch of interesting things whilst working on the conversion. I meant to share this stuff earlier, but I couldn't figure out a good way to work them into the narrative, so I'll just show off one or two of them here :v:

Firstly, at the edge of the world, the descendants of the Icelandic Kings of Jerusalem endure in the North Sea Kingdom.

That one republic in France survived the last few years of the game. I'm considering making them independent in EU4, since there's a sore lack of republics, but still unsure.

Also, he's Waldensian, which is kinda ironic.

Speaking of heresies, chunks of Austria and Carinthia went Cathar in the dying years of the game.

Meanwhile, after the fall of the Byzantine Empire to the vile Catholics, the Russians retaliated by converting to Bogomilism. There are also a bunch of Bogomilists running about in Finland, for whatever reason.

Thanks to the Mongol Empire constantly jumping between Islam and Buddhism, we also have a Buddhist state chilling at the edge of Russia.

Further south, in Afghanistan, a Sunni holy order managed to conquer themselves a fair bit of land.

In Azerbaijan, on the other hand, the Hurufi sect has quickly spread and displaced Sunni Islam to become the dominant faith in the region.

The one (I think) Jewish province at the end of the game was in Edirne, surprisingly enough. Also, note the absolute clusterfuck of religions in Anatolia.

The Levant is no better.

In East Africa, the dominance of Abyssinia has led to the Copts prospering, led by a landed Coptic Pope.

Finally, and most importantly, the Karlings have somehow survived the Middle Ages.

Also, if anyone has decent suggestions for national ideas, decisions, missions and the like, throw them my way and I'll see what I can do.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 24, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You should make North Sea into Jerusalem for EU4, after all, as otl shows, once King of Jerusalem, ALWAYS King of Jerusalem.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Which merchant republics survived to the end game? Did anything like the Hansa show up at all? Genoa clearly failed. Any places where the Polish elective monarchy might fit, or the English Parliament govtype? Also, any places going to be monastic orders?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

WilliamAnderson posted:

Which merchant republics survived to the end game? Did anything like the Hansa show up at all? Genoa clearly failed. Any places where the Polish elective monarchy might fit, or the English Parliament govtype? Also, any places going to be monastic orders?

Yeah, the Hansa did crop up, and Provence is also a merchant republic.

I've already given Elective Monarchy to France, since they've been elective for most of the CK2 timeframe. As for Monastic Orders, there's definitely gonna be the Ghazi in Baluchistan and the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre in Greece, and maybe a couple more.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The real puzzling thing I see is that over in India the Deccan Empire somehow formed, but then apparently got busted down to a rump state? They sure as poo poo aren't encompassing even a fraction of De Jure Deccan Empire.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Captain Oblivious posted:

The real puzzling thing I see is that over in India the Deccan Empire somehow formed, but then apparently got busted down to a rump state? They sure as poo poo aren't encompassing even a fraction of De Jure Deccan Empire.

The only de jure empires in CK+ are the Holy Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire, so anyone can form a titular empire as long as they have enough prestige, money and provinces (about 50, I think). But yeah, it used to be much bigger, but there was a big rebellion still raging when the game ended and I decided to just give the rebels (Karnata) independence for EU4.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

This is gonna be a really interesting and fun world for EU4. Any plans for the Americas or other places we haven't seen?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Alikchi posted:

This is gonna be a really interesting and fun world for EU4. Any plans for the Americas or other places we haven't seen?

I'll have a couple surprises solely for the LP, and for the general East Asian/American scenarios, I'm probably going to be taking suggestions and holding votes pretty soon, as per previous Paradox LPs.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Are you going to use the Mandate of Heaven stuff for EU4?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I wish adding provinces to Madagascar and turning it into an African Not!Japan wasn't too much work for the LP...

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Random thoughts: How about a decision for the christian Spanish states to form Spain if they reunify? The vanilla one would require them to kick Al-Andalus out of Spain completely which probably wont happen...Right? Missions giving Armenia claims on the Levant and Hejaz would be cool, to guide them into proving their right as caliph. If you feel like adding new formable tags, a caliphate one for Armenia or the Fatimids(or any other Muslim nation should they get annexed) could be neat because forming Arabia wouldn't make sense for a non-Arab nation. Letting Genoa form Francia/West Francia/Aquitaine if they conquer enough french land (with missions to guide them if you want) would also be a cool challenge start, if you're planning to release it as a mod after the campaign.

Zakrelo fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Zakrelo posted:

Random thoughts: How about a decision for the christian Spanish states to form Spain if they reunify? The vanilla one would require them to kick Al-Andalus out of Spain completely which probably wont happen...Right?

Why not both? If they manage to unify with all provinces intact - despite the overhanging threat of Al-Andalus - they get a decision to reform Asturias. When they do it gives them the decision to restart the Reconquista, which A) gives them the Crusade modifier whenever they are at war with Al-Andalus; and B) unlocks a specific set of missions:
  • The Portuguese Campaign: Gives them a claim on everything held by Al-Andalus in the Alentejo and Beira regions.
  • The Toledan Campaign: Gives them a claim on everything held by Al-Andalus in the Castille, Leon and Toledo regions.
  • The Aragonese Campaign: Gives them a claim on everything held by Al-Andalus in the Aragon, Catalonia and Valencia regions.
When all three have been completed it unlocks the final Missions:
  • The Andalusian Campaign: Gives them a claim on everything held by Al-Andalus in the Andalusian heartland. This should be the two regions that make up the provinces of Sevilla, Cordoba, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Granada, Almeria and Jaén.
When they've finally retaken all of Iberia they get the decision to finally form Spain, after which they get the normal "OMG we did something fantastic!" reward of +100 Prestige and a permanent modifier of some sort, a permanent +1 Bonus to Papal Influence perhaps?

-----
EDIT:
As for the rest of Europe some are more obvious than others.
  • Russia: Missions for Novgorod, Kiev, Muscovy and Smolensk regarding the conquest of one another and forming Russia. Should Muscovy manage to conquer the bunch I'm sure something could be arranged about a unique government form, what with them being a Republic and all.
  • Scandinavia: Missions for the Swedish Conquest of Västergötland; the Danish Conquest of Zeeland and Skåneland; the Norwegian Conquests of Vestlandet and Østlandet; the Icelandic Conquest of the Faroes Region, which should include Orkney. Basically with the exception of independent Iceland and Finland and Norwegian Sapmí the missions should relate to returning to Status Quo.
  • Finland: Finnish Unification is an obvious one. Would in this case include Karelia, and could eventually include Ingria and Estonia too.
  • Western Europe: For France the Conquest of Brittany and the Conquest of Sardinia are obvious. The Celts need some mission to reconquer Gaul, if only for comedy.
  • Reformation: Austria, Toulouse and Carinthia should get something relating to the reformation, whether that be mere Events or even some bonuses unique to them due to their "Ending the Game as Heresies" status.
  • ERE: The Greek states should get missions regarding reunification, and both them and Nicaea should get the mission to reconquer Constantinople and reform Byzantium. Similarly what little remains of Rum should have claims on Nicaea and the option to conquer Constantinople and form the Not!Ottomans with relevant unique Government if the stars align.
  • West Africa: The Almoravids, Ghana and Songhai should be looking at each other with greed. The Sub-Saharans have held Mauretania in the past, and similarly the Almoravids seem to be expanding southwards. Why not be silly and make the Canaries the Ryukyu of the west while you're at it!
  • East Africa: With the Coptic Pope in his care Abyssinia could have a line of missions around conquering Berbera, Nubia, Alodia and Meroe, and eventually retaking Egypt and the Coptic holy city of Alexandria.
The Middle East is, as you've pointed out, a mess. Everyone and their grandmother have claims on one another as they all vie for the title of Caliph and to establish which branch of Islam is better than the rest. As such there are some contenders in particular which could need a bit of a see to.
  • The Fatimids with their Shia Islam
  • The Uqaylids with their Hurufi Islam
  • The Qadirids as the rulers of Mecca and Medina.
  • Filastin as the rulers of Jerusalem
  • Armenia as the current Caliph of Sunni Islam
  • Persia, if only for their size and for IRL History
  • The Ghazi, as the sole land-holding Islamic Holy Order
  • Rum, should they despite the odds manage to reconquer Nicaea and Constantinople, are a good contender for the Caliphate
  • I'll admit I'm not sure who the Otaybahi and the Nurradin are (couldn't they just be renamed Syria and Iraq?), but I'm sure something could be done with them.
As for what it entails I'm less sure. The new Mandate of Heaven mechanics seems useful in some regard, inspiration if nothing else, but I'm not sure how exactly.

Finally, things regarding Al-Andalus itself, not to mention Sicily.
  • Andalusian missions to finish their reconquest of Iberia, with following Modifier should they succeed.
  • Andalusian missions regarding the Golden Cities in the Americas.
  • Al-Andalus and Sicily should both have missions on the Beleares, Corsica and Sardinia. Eventually they also get missions on one another.
From there though? Continuing upwards towards the Rheine? Conquering Italy and Greece? The possibilities are endless for Al-Andalus!

Luhood fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

I'll have a couple surprises solely for the LP, and for the general East Asian/American scenarios, I'm probably going to be taking suggestions and holding votes pretty soon, as per previous Paradox LPs.

Considering how poorly the Christian powers have fared this game (in large part thanks to us), I'm totally hoping for a more humble Europe less confident in their ability to take over the rest of the world. Even if we don't improve the tech trees for the East Asians as well as the Americans, can we at least somehow delay the age of colonization by a several decades or maybe a century?

Also, can someone explain to me exactly how the Holy Roman Empire works in EU4? How likely are we to see a civil war tear them apart?