Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

monster on a stick posted:

I'm pretty sure missing arm syndrome (MAS) is due to a cosmetic mod that makes the arms "invisible" so it can replace it with something else as part of other armor.

I've had it happen when I upgrade someone with DLC arm armor to an armor set that doesn't have a cosmetic equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

I'm pretty sure missing arm syndrome (MAS) is due to a cosmetic mod that makes the arms "invisible" so it can replace it with something else as part of other armor.

Yeah, I've had this happen with some mod armor before. Fix your game, Jade. :v:

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
Jake thinks nobody noticed this, but I did.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

dregan posted:

Jake thinks nobody noticed this, but I did.

JAKE :argh:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, basically this mission might as well have been "Operation Goddammit Jake Solomon" with all the bugs we saw today. Also, Empanada's unlucky streak continues to soldier on. This is what, the fifth mission he's been on and nearly died?

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
Don't say I didn't warn you about the Icarus Jump thing...
Oh well, it means that I was mentioned in the LP. Cue celebration.

I personally think that the insta-kill attribute of the Skullminning ability outweighs the potential damage you take from the shock, especially if you use it on a high priority advent target, like a lancer or shieldbearer.
It's been a while, but I do believe that you can still insta-kill a shieldbearer even after they have put up their shield, which of course removes the shields once they are dead.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I feel like if EatingOnlyApples gets a codename, it needs to be Disarmed or 'armless

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The bug only happened in the loadout screen, so she's clearly only Mostly 'armless

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

InwardChaos posted:

I personally think that the insta-kill attribute of the Skullminning ability outweighs the potential damage you take from the shock, especially if you use it on a high priority advent target, like a lancer or shieldbearer.
It's been a while, but I do believe that you can still insta-kill a shieldbearer even after they have put up their shield, which of course removes the shields once they are dead.

That's correct. Preferably, through a wall; old-school style, through a wall and you can't see the hacking interface.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Story note here to Jade's objection about there being no genetic material in cyberdiscs - there might be. The cyberdisc autopsy in Enemy Unknown speculates that the cyberdisc is an alien creature with a silicon-based biology modified and enslaved by the ethereals like the other alien forces, not a machine. The final mission also has the uber-ethereal comment on cyberdiscs like they're living creatures.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

Highwang posted:

I feel like if EatingOnlyApples gets a codename, it needs to be Disarmed or 'armless

Clearly needs to be "Hemingway"

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I was thinking "Bobby" myself, since it's hard to eat apples without arms.

(Sorry Jade)

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I was going to suggest 'Black knight', but your idea is way better.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tendales posted:

The bug only happened in the loadout screen, so she's clearly only Mostly 'armless

definitely this

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I do hope the random mission name seed will generate "Operation Jake Fix Your Game" eventually.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Tendales posted:

Yes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guiness13 posted:

This.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I was thinking of Just Dangerous, since she isn't armed, but that joke takes too long to get I think.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Guiness13 posted:

:perfect:

let's forgo the voting and just take this now

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tendales posted:

Throwing my vote for this one.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

You almost just lost that mission because of that sectopod, I'm sure when you saw it move towards the objective you started to panic.

wait can it actually walk through the thing and break it instantly?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

wait can it actually walk through the thing and break it instantly?

It can do it to the alien beacon on the ship defence so probably

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Yeah, some enemies like Sectopods and I believe Gatekeepers do it too, can walk through and demolish scenery. If that scenery happens to be an objective... Well you're out of luck.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Huh. I though Valen had come back in an episode I missed and started with the MEC conversions.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Tendales posted:

This.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Bobby is the worst genuinely possible answer. As long as that doesn't win I'm happy.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tendales posted:

She's also from earth which makes her Mostly Harmless too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Slaan posted:

:thejoke:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Ephphatha posted:

I was thinking "Bobby" myself, since it's hard to eat apples without arms.

(Sorry Jade)

This is awful, I love it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Slaan posted:

From Earf.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Guiness13 posted:

I'm backing this.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

get hosed

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

GuavaMoment posted:

get hosed

electronic dance music versus social justice snakes?

zyxophoj
May 24, 2014

Perhaps the squad for the next mission should be 6 sword-focused rangers wearing hockey masks. There would be just as much action, and without the risk of a game breaking out.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AriadneThread posted:

Edmonton and San Jose Sharks.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Kurieg posted:

Edmonton and San Jose Sharks.

i like my names better

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

AriadneThread posted:

Snakes would probably enjoy a good, thumping bass beat, as much as a snake could enjoy music.

I mean, yeah, that's not what it stands for as said elsewhere, but I also prefer the reality where snakes listen to music.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

LashLightning posted:

Snakes would probably enjoy a good, thumping bass beat, as much as a snake could enjoy music.

I mean, yeah, that's not what it stands for as said elsewhere, but I also prefer the reality where snakes listen to music.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

GuavaMoment posted:

get hosed
I got confused as to why you were happy with San Jose winning 3-2. Then I realized that was their respective playoff seeding, not the score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Operation Oh my god, Shield

With the Avatar tracker down so low for the first time since the start of the game now is kind of the endgame preparation time. Get everything researched, get all your kit in engineering built, and take any soldiers you want to get to Colonel out on missions now rather than later. That pretty well sums up this video. I have time to relax and get things done that I've been too rushed to get to, research, expansion, and training non-Colonel soldiers. The end of the game seems pretty close at hand with the completion of another Shadow Chamber project and just one or two more research topics in there seems like we'd be ready for the 'To Cydonia or Bust' part of the game. I'm not putting that off just yet, there are still just a few things worth getting first. A few more autopsies will lead to upgrades, most notably the Gremlin Mk3 awaits innovation. I just squeezed enough supplies out of my corpse pile to pick up the final upgraded Psi Amp. Lastly there will be one or two more Shadow Chamber projects to go. Again I regret back loading the plot so much, but such is X-Com.

Also seriously, if someone gets me an nice avatar sized image of the Enemy Protocol icon from the game I am so buying that for Empanada's avatar. loving learn to hack, oh my god argh.

• Locked thread