Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm always surprised how easily gamers can be convinced to shill for the big players in the video game industry and also ask for less competition and higher prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm always surprised how easily gamers can be convinced to shill for the big players in the video game industry and also ask for less competition and higher prices.

my favourite part is where g2a says that they can't work because they've hired too many women

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Cursed image

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Randler posted:

G2A's shenanigans has caused pretty big damage to indie devs, it's not like this is a "used games are piracy" situation.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Things are bad because we have too many women or we clearly can't be bad guys because we hire a lot of women...?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ekster posted:

Things are bad because we have too many women or we clearly can't be bad guys because we hire a lot of women...?
they technically tried to pull the second part off, but they can't afford a competent employees for departments other than the legal, so the result was following:

quote:

At one point Mirek "announced" that 40 per cent of G2A's workforce was female, in a response to a question about why it takes the company so long to change the way it works.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
as someone who occasionally plays a game, the entire game industry needs to be napalmed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aves Maria! posted:

as someone who occasionally plays a game, the entire game industry needs to be napalmed
please do not advocate self-harm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rafe Judkins has been tapped to serve as showrunner, executive producer and writer on the Wheel of Time TV show. A longtime fan of Robert Jordan's epic 14-book fantasy series, Judkins previously wrote and produced on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. He also wrote episodes of Chuck and wrote and produced episodes of Netflix's Hemlock Grove.

Sony Pictures Television will serve as the producing studio for the Wheel of Time adaptation. Red Eagle Entertainment and Radar Pictures will produce. Red Eagle's Rick Selvage and Larry Mondragon will act as executive producers, with Radar's Ted Field and Mike Weber and Goosebumps' Darren Lemke also serving as executive producers. Jordan's widow and longtime Wheel of Time editor Harriet McDougal will serve as consulting producer.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There's no loving way that's going to be good.

gently caress, I never even finished those books and I always meant to.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
McDonald's here is now selling chicken nuggets for breakfast because gently caress it why not

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Wheel of Time was one of those fantasy series I thought was really cool when I was a kid

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aves Maria! posted:

Wheel of Time was one of those fantasy series I thought was really cool when I was a kid

Even when I was a kid I realized that it was getting tedious after like the fourth book.

But I'm somewhat of a comletionist. So I ended up reading all the way up to 11. 11 picked up the pacing. Then the author dies before finishing the finale, and it gets picked up by another author for three additional books. gently caress that.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Randler posted:

why

did we already forget the "gamer lives matter" meme somebody posted pages back

self identified gamers are not super great

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Even when I was a kid I realized that it was getting tedious after like the fourth book.

But I'm somewhat of a comletionist. So I ended up reading all the way up to 11. 11 picked up the pacing. Then the author dies before finishing the finale, and it gets picked up by another author for three additional books. gently caress that.

coincidentally, I think I only got three or four books in.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aves Maria! posted:

coincidentally, I think I only got three or four books in.

You were lucky.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

stone cold posted:

self identified gamers are not super great

you might even say they're total scum

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I read the first ten Wheel of Time books almost one after another bing bang boom, then when the eleventh came out I realized that in the intervening time I'd forgotten who the gently caress half those people were but it didn't seem to matter because nothing important actually happened

Then he died.

E: I might be misremembering which of them was the empty one

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 21, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You were lucky.

there was one book, like 9 or 10 where absolutely nothing happened not a loving thing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dreylad posted:

there was one book, like 9 or 10 where absolutely nothing happened not a loving thing

That was pretty much most of 5-10.

Lots of point-of-view descriptions of women thinking about their own clothes and the others` clothes and how their boobs compared, though, to the point that even hormonal teenage me was getting tired of it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I guess I have my innate laziness to thank for not seeing more plodding book series through

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gamers loving suck and anyone who readily self-identifies as a gamer should be culled, end of story

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
when you end my story I just start another one

I have died thousands of times you see

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Avshalom posted:

gamers loving suck and anyone who readily self-identifies as a gamer should be culled, end of story

:agreed:

This also applies to horse people.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

luckily this can be done easily by making them think about ants

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

Poor Ed. Thought about SJW's and died.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Avshalom posted:

Agreed, I identify as a sexhaver although I do play an occasional game during refractory periods.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
do not gently caress a video game

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cease to Hope posted:

do not gently caress a video game

That's probably 90% of the VR market right there.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's probably 90% of the VR market right there.

You joke but... :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

You joke but... :smith:

I assure you, I am not really funny enough to joke.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

i mean isn't that a self solving problem

ex: mr. hands

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

Thought you meant centaurs for half a second there

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
centaurs have two rib cages

death to the abominations

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Pain going right through my nipple into my heart

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Avshalom posted:

if we're defining "gamer" as "'person' who plays video games", agreed

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
games are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

exmarx posted:

if we're defining "gamer" as "'person' who plays video games", agreed

Guy with undercut making a group of people as undesirable? How novel. :hitler: