Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

everything's comin' up 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'm "This is a flavor temple"

I like the lack of an exclamation point so it reads like he's deadpanning it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'm "This is a flavor temple"

I like the lack of an exclamation point so it reads like he's deadpanning it.

"Sir. This is a flavor temple."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm "That is ridiculous."

And I refuse to believe the "culinary buoys" line is real.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"This is kinda like licking the volcano in Flavortown."

I want someone to map Flavortown based on Guy Fieri quotes, but it's probably like mapping Discworld

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When I finish my mixtape of Guy Fieri quotes autotuned under trap beats, I'm releasing it under the name "The Culinary Buoys"

TCB, Them Culinary Boys, Takin' Care of Business Biscuits.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I always forget how menacingly weird Pee Wee's Big Adventure is, I miss that kind of sincere, discomforting pop-art wackiness - that was a movie that could only be made under threat of nuclear apocalypse.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I mentioned the Tick reboot was shooting on my block, but I just ran into my dude who happens to be gripping on it! Also saw a fun scene with dudes in an escalade popping out the sunroof with a machine gun.

Blasting that 10k

Pic just for fun

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

"talk about the Meanie Panini"

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
We aren't tagging ourselves but gently caress it I'm slamma jamma in Alabama.

I also made this and it put the shama lama in the ding dong (if you know what I mean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5XgHuia3gw

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I always forget how menacingly weird Pee Wee's Big Adventure is, I miss that kind of sincere, discomforting pop-art wackiness - that was a movie that could only be made under threat of nuclear apocalypse.

Well, good news I guess.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That can't be real.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Franchescanado posted:

That can't be real.

You would be correct.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I ate at the Guy Fieri's flavortown or whatever in Times Square, it's just Cheesecake Factory. Actually come to think of it, Cheesecake Factory has a much more ludicrous menu.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ludicrous or Lucrative?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Cheesecake Factory is where I go when I'm looking to eat 10000 or so calories in one sitting.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I've never been to a cheesecake factory, but I frequently eat greasy poo poo food just to kind of saturate my innards with what I basically think of myself as being: a half-baked, often poorly executed blob folded and prepared by virtually coerced creators and wage slaves whose abjection is somehow more awful because of how much joy it clearly gives them to make me.

Anyway, I'm high, now, obvi.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

4/20 and the first dispensary I go to has a massive line for like a free cookie or a joint. I just want to buy an 1/8 dammit, not deal with 4/20 roller coaster lines.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

K. Waste posted:

Join me in watching the last 40 minutes of No Country for Old Men, blazed. I'm at the part right after Carson just visited Llewellyn in the hospital

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The procedure is a modern drat miracle.

I assume you mean the short film The Procedure.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

ruddiger posted:

4/20 and the first dispensary I go to has a massive line for like a free cookie or a joint. I just want to buy an 1/8 dammit, not deal with 4/20 roller coaster lines.

As aggressively annoying as stoners* can be for getting excited about an unofficial holiday for something they do every god drat day, I can imagine that cannabis tourism is just aggressively disappointing for regular consumers, to say nothing of the hundreds-upon-thousands who actually need that poo poo for medicine.

Anyway, I'm watching this lovely direct-to-digital rom-com The Matchbreaker, and listening to "Trepanated Earth" by Ariel Pink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsIzhTi2-FQ

* Bein' real, me, I'm talkin' 'bout me

Jenny Angel posted:

Join me in watching the last 40 minutes of No Country for Old Men, blazed. I'm at the part right after Carson just visited Llewellyn in the hospital

I need to see that poo poo, again. I think I may not have watched it in full since I first saw it in middle school.

edit: So helpful of the scriptwriters of The Matchbreaker to specify that the protagonist not being able to tell who another character is from group photos is "like Tinder." Really grounds and contextualizes it.

edit: This is one of the more deluded movies I've watched in a while. It's the epitome of 'nice guy' pathology, but rendered into a film where the honest-to-God premise is that a nebbish, picky, perfectionist nerd would actually be lucratively good at convincing women to break up with their S.O.'s on behalf of their mothers.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 21, 2017

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

K. Waste posted:

I need to see that poo poo, again. I think I may not have watched it in full since I first saw it in middle school.

It's on that gosh drat Netflix!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Jenny Angel posted:

It's on that gosh drat Netflix!

Cool, I'll start watching that when I get halfway through The Matchbreaker, which is the aloted time I give all movies in my masochistic quest.

In the meantime, listen to the music I'm listening to to let up on the suffering, right now it's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR80MlDxAqQ

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I'm "I would eat this out of a shoe."

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So if you could only watch one high school reunion comedy from 1997 would it be Gross Pointe Blank or Romy and Michelle?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Timeless Appeal posted:

So if you could only watch one high school reunion comedy from 1997 would it be Gross Pointe Blank or Romy and Michelle?

Romy and Michelle, easy.

Unrelated: I like how in this timeline, I can scrub forward into a lovely movie and feel vindicated that it's also vain enough to have a blooper reel.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

I've never been to a cheesecake factory, but I frequently eat greasy poo poo food just to kind of saturate my innards with what I basically think of myself as being: a half-baked, often poorly executed blob folded and prepared by virtually coerced creators and wage slaves whose abjection is somehow more awful because of how much joy it clearly gives them to make me.

I like you more when you're high.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
ive been listening to this song on repeat for a week and i bet it would be even more dope if you're stoned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvaJ7QlhH0g

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

This is like complaining about lines at the toy store on Christmas eve.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna be so pissed when the Trump administration fucks up legal weed in Massachusetts before it can become a thing. It doesn't help that right now a bunch of towns have already voted they don't want dispensaries in them

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I've never been high. :(

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

It's not that great tbh

the_tasman_series
Apr 20, 2017

Egbert Souse posted:

Have you ever been sleepy and confused at the same time before?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It's not that great tbh

Looks like someone has never been high enough.

I really didn't care for it at first until I started doing it socially but then I stopped for awhile in it stopped being part of my social group. Then I discovered magic brownies and that was just a whole other level of high where everything became fascinating and amazing.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Looks like someone has never been high enough.

I really didn't care for it at first until I started doing it socially but then I stopped for awhile in it stopped being part of my social group. Then I discovered magic brownies and that was just a whole other level of high where everything became fascinating and amazing.

I'd prob do it on occasion if it was legal where I live but it's just not worth the headache of obtaining plus I get tested for work on occasion. Like it's okay, I'm just not gonna deal with the bs just so stuff can be funnier for a couple hours from time to time.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

the_tasman_series posted:

Have you ever been sleepy and confused at the same time before?

If I said yes could I get a medical marijuana card?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Tokyo Tribe sort of rules as Baz Luhrman's Hip Hop Warriors, but the hip hop sort of sucks and it's also far too anime. Anime ruins everything. And Netflix new rating system does not leave any room for nuance to address this.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Essay that I was freaking out about has now been resubmitted.

In less stress-inducing school news, one of my professors gave out 5 points of extra credit for showing up to class on 4/20.

One of my other teachers had to explain to a student what 4/20 was, because he told everyone to celebrate responsibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnimAyfW-f4

• Locked thread