Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Job sim was great but I'm glad I got it for free. It really peters out by the time you get to the auto shop. I'll wait until this Rick and Morty game goes on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Wow the number of people playing Rick and Morty (over 900) on VRLFG.net is pretty incredible.

I can't wait to see what kind of numbers Fallout 4 VR generates. I hope it also results in more headset sales.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Job Simulator is great for introducing people to Room scale and motion controls, which is the only reason I've left it installed. It's not a bad game, but pretty much every other game I've played has been more entertaining.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Job sim was great but I'm glad I got it for free. It really peters out by the time you get to the auto shop. I'll wait until this Rick and Morty game goes on sale.

I wish I'd gotten Job Sim for free with my Vive instead of that lake Zombie Combat Sim game and some junk on Viveport I'll never get to.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Buca di Bepis posted:

I wish I'd gotten Job Sim for free with my Vive instead of that lake Zombie Combat Sim game and some junk on Viveport I'll never get to.

The Zombie Training game is surprisingly engaging, although very simple. But yeah, I absolutely agree. Job Sim is a great bundle game for the Vive, but it is expensive as gently caress and offers no replayability. It is absolutely not worth its asking price and even though I am a huge Rick and Morty fan, the game certainly isn't anywhere near worth its price.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Job Sim was fun. It isn't the best VR game in the world but it's perfectly fine.

iceaim posted:

Wow the number of people playing Rick and Morty (over 900) on VRLFG.net is pretty incredible.

I can't wait to see what kind of numbers Fallout 4 VR generates. I hope it also results in more headset sales.

Does that have a release date planned?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Rec Room Quest is so drat good. I forgot where my bounds were for about half the game, and punched and/or bumped into everything around my space.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

Rec Room Quest is so drat good.

Agreed. loving hard though. Only played twice and the second time got pretty far, but god drat it's a pain if you pick up the rifle and then a swarm of the little explodey bastards come after you. Ended up carrying an SMG around with me and dropping it when fighting starts just so I could grab it when they appeared.

Doesn't help that pubs STILL love to teleport directly into the line of fire, or charge straight into the enemy spawning alcoves and then yell to be rezzed while surrounded by a dozen enemies. You have guns this time, assholes! You don't even need to be close any more! :argh:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 21, 2017

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
Watch out for the blast mice!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

TheRagamuffin posted:

Rec Room Quest is so drat good. I forgot where my bounds were for about half the game, and punched and/or bumped into everything around my space.

Icedude posted:

Agreed. loving hard though. Only played twice and the second time got pretty far, but god drat it's a pain if you pick up the rifle and then a swarm of the little explodey bastards come after you. Ended up carrying an SMG around with me and dropping it when fighting starts just so I could grab it when they appeared.

Doesn't help that pubs STILL love to teleport directly into the line of fire, or charge straight into the enemy spawning alcoves and then yell to be rezzed while surrounded by a dozen enemies. You have guns this time, assholes! You don't even need to be close any more! :argh:
By the way, about Rec Room and Quest, the Rec Room devs are aware that it's infested with little kids and made a response

Rec Room Dev posted:

Kids under 13 is a Code of Conduct violation. Please use the "Kick" feature in the watch and report as "Immature Behavior".

First kick imposes a one minute detention (locked in the Dorm Room), and you cannot rejoin the room you were kicked from.

Subsequent kicks scale quickly up to 48hr detention. When we see very long detentions happening, we will usually investigate that account to see what is going on, and may apply a more permanent ban.

We know the system isn't perfect, and we have planned improvements coming in the next few weeks. But for now it really helps when people use (and don't abuse!) the kick and report system.

We hear the requests for separate kids servers, we are investigating various options. Not 100% sure where we'll land. We will communicate with the community as we proceed.

Parents - we would love to let you bring your kids into Rec Room to experience the magic of VR. We get it, we really do. And it's possible we'll get to a place where we can support that. But for now it is against our Terms of Service, and you are exposing us to potential legal risk. Please don't do it. Rec Room is a platform for real time interactions with people from all over the world. We cannot guarantee an appropriate experience for your child at this time.

tldr - please report kids for Immature Behavior. Parents, please don't put your under 13 kids in Rec Room. It is against our Terms of Service.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/66gjyj/ffs_parents_dont_let_your_kids_in_recroom/dgio503/

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
The votekick system is very abusable, sometimes with 3 people in a session, 1 person is enough to kick someone else. Some people also think using the report function as a joke is a good idea.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Zsinjeh posted:

By the way, about Rec Room and Quest, the Rec Room devs are aware that it's infested with little kids and made a response

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/66gjyj/ffs_parents_dont_let_your_kids_in_recroom/dgio503/
This is great and I'm glad there's a kick feature. I'm already wandering around my bedroom with bigass space goggles strapped to my face, I don't need a bunch of screaming toddlers in my VR reminding me how much of a gigantic manchild I am. :classiclol:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

in no way does the polish and thoughtfulness of Job Sim reflect a developer "coasting on VR", yeesh

Hey is Gorn ever going to come out for reals?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I think Job Simulator is great for being like one of the first well polished VR games out there. I don't think I would give it as much praise if it was released today though. But it gets a pass for being out so early.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Job Sim is still by far the best discovery/exploration game in VR. I think a lot of people just don't like the genre or realize how much more work is involved in it than other genres. I remember hearing almost identical hatred directed at pretty much every other discovery/exploration game I've ever played where that was the primary gameplay focus rather than tacked on.

Job Sim clearly had a shitload of effort put into it, and they're selling to a niche market. The price makes perfect sense even if it feels expensive.

It's also still has a really extensive level of convincingly immersive interactivity. What's weird is that it's competitors in that area like Rec Room and Gorn and Unseen Diplomacy are all free.

I can't think of another game that hasn't had at least one time, usually a lot of times, where I wanted to interact with something in a particular obvious way and couldn't do it, or had it happen in a janky way that broke my immersion. That freedom means a lot to me.

(I'll still probably wait for the Rick and Morty game to go on sale before picking it up though)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
If you're just buying for your own use, yea, definitely wait for a sale on Rick and Morty.

I bought it expecting basically what I got, but most of my friends still haven't played VR and a lot of them like Rick and Morty so I think it'll be fun to drop them right in to this for their first time.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

AndrewP posted:

Hey is Gorn ever going to come out for reals?
The dev started posting over in the Vive thread, and it sounds like work on it continues.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I know some of you guys think he's a nazi Hitler or whatever, buuuut . . . .

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/66kqox/im_back/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

he's bad, OP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so I decided against really long wires and poo poo like that and honestly I'm just going to put my tower on wheels, group my wires together really pretty, and unhook them and move the tower into the living room where my play area is

gonna set it back up tonight and hope the headset didn't get broke during the move!!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rita Repulsa emerging from her space dumpster gif, except its Palmer Luckey climbing out of the toilet that Mark Zuckerberg has been swirlieing him in for the past year

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

Rita Repulsa emerging from her space dumpster gif, except its Palmer Luckey climbing out of the toilet that Mark Zuckerberg has been swirlieing him in for the past year

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Poetic Justice posted:

Sure is cool that Luckey didn't learn anything from all the poo poo he got last year for supporting Trump and is coming home to his real fans on reddit.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
He's just completely pointless and has nothing to contribute to VR. His legacy is that Time magazine cover.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he sucks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
People seem willing to look past that he's a liar, paid money to troll the internet, and is an overall shitlord.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

People seem willing to look past that he's a liar, paid money to troll the internet, and is an overall shitlord.
If by "people" you mean "Reddit" then lol

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

Sure is cool that Luckey didn't learn anything from all the poo poo he got last year for supporting Trump.

What lesson should he have learned?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

What lesson should he have learned?

that he is a big doughy poopbaby

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Mature a little before you become a Multimillionaire?

I mean would you be the sane, mature, sophisticated person you are now at what? 24? With partially the soul credibility of Kickstarting VR into life once again and getting Facebook Millions in the process?

He may be stupid, but he is Rich and doesn't have to care what anyone thinks at this point.

Similar goes for Notch and Minecraft. Rich, don't care, aren't relevant at all anymore past what they started and sold off.

Ignore them and they might go away.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

If I click "hide all child comments" does it block Luckey?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Haha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

:laugh:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone use four Oculus sensors? I just ordered a new one because I thought my old one had died and of course it has miraculously started working again.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 21, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

he also donated 100k right to the campaign via chrono trigger related shell companies. i posted about this on reddit and the thread got downvoted into oblivion after 100 comments of arguing, some people don't know comedy when they see it I guess

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

AndrewP posted:

Does anyone use four Oculus sensors? I just ordered a new one because I thought my old one had died and of course it has miraculously started working again.

Ah, it's still hosed up, nevermind.

fired up Google Earth VR for the first time in a while, forgot how incredible it is. Amazing thing to do: Go to your local MLB park and hang out on the field.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

KakerMix posted:

He's just completely pointless and has nothing to contribute to VR. His legacy is that Time magazine cover.

He's got a bunch of money he could blow on VR projects?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fooz posted:

He's got a bunch of money he could blow on VR projects?

Why invest in VR when he could invest in memes?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Ah, it's still hosed up, nevermind.

fired up Google Earth VR for the first time in a while, forgot how incredible it is. Amazing thing to do: Go to your local MLB park and hang out on the field.

brb headed to Lambeau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KakerMix posted:

Why invest in VR when he could invest in memes?

i believe in the power of meme magic, can i run a VR related company