Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Maf had a 933 save percentage in round 1. What are things I didn't expect for 500 Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
*extremely tori cmos voice* the penguins are going to win the stanley cup

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, let's check in on Tim Peel!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Two penalties which probably should've been penalties are not called during a PP which came from a penalty which probably shouldn't have been called and the Pens score on the PP which probably should've not happened.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ginette Reno posted:

Maf had a 933 save percentage in round 1. What are things I didn't expect for 500 Alex.

Maybe we can trade him for something after all? But then again Mason and Bishop are both UFAs and you can get them for whatever you like so... probably not.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, let's check in on Tim Peel!

Tim Peel is not biased, he is a force of nature, an agent of chaos

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe we can trade him for something after all? But then again Mason and Bishop are both UFAs and you can get them for whatever you like so... probably not.

I'd be content with Vegas just taking him and leaving us with Rust, Maatta, etc. Hopefully JR has worked out some kind of bullshit deal for that. gently caress it you can have our first. Just take him Vegas. Taaaake him.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

As someone who has not watched Bobrovsky in the playoffs nor the blue jackets man does he suck rear end in the playoffs.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Slappy Pappy posted:

I enjoyed Mike Johnson (heh) explaining how getting hit with the shaft is bad enough but he got it with the tip.

:dong:

penis innuendo
Hehe, hockey. Here's a practically NSFW one from a few months ago.

https://youtu.be/KztBoxD4KXM

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Jeff. Sign Mika to a lot of years. Jeff. Jeff pls.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Calgary swept.
Chicago possibly about to be swept.
Torts eliminated in 5.
Edmonton just lost 7-0.
Boston losing 3-1 in the series.

There's not much to look forward to when it comes to the future of the Vancouver Canucks, with the large exception of our schadenfreude game.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Mike Works posted:

Calgary swept.
Chicago possibly about to be swept.
Torts eliminated in 5.
Edmonton just lost 7-0.
Boston losing 3-1 in the series.

There's not much to look forward to when it comes to the future of the Vancouver Canucks, with the large exception of our schadenfreude game.
gently caress, just a little more. Say something dirty about the caps.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

SLOSifl posted:

gently caress, just a little more. Say something dirty about the caps.

Ovechkin will never get a ring.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Reposting from GDT here but like I can't even be mad especially with the last couple games, it's like what else can you expect and both of their wins they've just barely eeked it out due to guys that were raised largely outside the Therrien system like Radulov showing up. I can't help but notice too that aside from Pacioretty it's the skaters that have seen the least of Therrien's "systems" like Byron, Lehkonen, Danault, Weber (a given) and Radulov that have been some of the best performers all season. We got rid of DD but I'm afraid Galchenyuk sucks now and Therrien probably managed to ruin him already so I don't know. Maybe next season Julien can truly show what he's made of and see if he can fix some things by being behind the bench from the beginning.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Bob posts a 0.882 SV%
MAF posts a 0.943 SV%

Pens D giving up more shots against than anyone else in the playoffs, including lots of good scoring chances

PAS whining about how fleury sucks so much, shameful. sound like abunch of wonderllamams. i hope we buy him out this offseason, but he's been bailing out dusty ol' daley and maatta left and right

also torts team loses by emphasizing hits over skill, what a surprise

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I regret coming back to root for this sorry sack of poorly mismanaged lump of sandpaper character potatoes. Sports fandom is perpetual misery.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

I regret coming back to root for this sorry sack of poorly mismanaged lump of sandpaper character potatoes. Sports fandom is perpetual misery.

we have forgotten the unhealthy regular cynicism mandatory for a realistic Habs fan since the day Julien replaced Therrien. Back to the roots.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Fleury might have a good save percentage but the's still out of position all the time and giving up insane rebounds. Still playing the puck directly to the other team, too. He's just nerve-wracking to watch.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Goodbye cruel season.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
gently caress this gay earth

gently caress posts

gently caress emelin

Edit: Fire Therrien for good measure

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

cenotaph posted:

Fleury might have a good save percentage but the's still out of position all the time and giving up insane rebounds. Still playing the puck directly to the other team, too. He's just nerve-wracking to watch.

They used to call him 'athletic.' Which was code for 'out of position.' Your post perfectly captures how it feels to watch him play.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MononcQc posted:

we have forgotten the unhealthy regular cynicism mandatory for a realistic Habs fan since the day Julien replaced Therrien. Back to the roots.

Yeah... the trade deadline moves should have been the forebodding to warn us off... and yet... :smith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

TFW u see ur icetime

https://twitter.com/bhabs37/status/855247168810229761

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
https://twitter.com/TheClapperton/status/855250764523896832

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Benson Cunningham posted:

They used to call him 'athletic.' Which was code for 'out of position.' Your post perfectly captures how it feels to watch him play.

Oh, they still call him athletic. And the endless excuses for him from the media is super annoying. He seems like a really nice guy but I never want to watch him play another game for the Penguins.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
please murder the blues, nashville subbans

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PK Subban is going to win the Stanley Cup.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
stab how did you afford these seats

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yankees fans.gif getting a real run for its money there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:laffo:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Yankees fans.gif getting a real run for its money there.

Yankees.gif just has so many different elements in it. It's hard to top.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Ok so I got the sharks oilers Preds leafs habs and caps left to cheer for

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Buch so good please keep giving him icetime

e: also lol

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/854519737799364608

Levitate fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 21, 2017

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Levitate posted:

Buch so good please keep giving him icetime

e: also lol

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/854519737799364608

Danny :kimchi:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I sold one leafs ticket in the nosebleeds and flipped them

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

habs.jpg

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Trip report: going to see the preds finish off the hawks was rad as hell

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thufir posted:

Trip report: going to see the preds finish off the hawks was rad as hell

How loud is that place in person?

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
edit : wrong thread

patonthebach fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 21, 2017

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I gotta say, a good skating defenseman who could take the puck and turn it up the ice from the defensive zone sure would help the Canadiens...Weber has looked worse than Girardi when it comes to puck movement in the defensive zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Hmm yes. But where could they find such a defenseman?? 🤔

• Locked thread