Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Curse this new pack for having an emote in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

In case anybody's trying to think of new character names, a French politician recently tried to make a Star Wars reference but named the main characters as "Larry Skywalker and that weird bear."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

In case anybody's trying to think of new character names, a French politician recently tried to make a Star Wars reference but named the main characters as "Larry Skywalker and that weird bear."

Hahaha yes, I saw that on Last Week Tonight. Probably would have tried to snag the name but all the Canon names are banned unless you use goofy symbols.

For reference -

https://youtu.be/E05DqLtR68U

Medullah fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 20, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It seems I can now open my galaxy map from anywhere. Does this mean what I think it means?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

fruit on the bottom posted:

It seems I can now open my galaxy map from anywhere. Does this mean what I think it means?

Yes, now you're a spaceship. I'm so proud of you.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yes, yes it does.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

McSpanky posted:

Yes, yes it does.

That was the most confusing toy line ever. Because I love Star Wars, and I love Transformers, but that line terrified me

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
It's nice getting something nearly every crate now in Tier 1-3. Took my Merc from a mishmash of 230-236 to full 242 in two hours. Still the same problem on Tier 4 though...my Sorc has opened around 150 tier 4 crates and is only half 248's.

Also there are some wacky bugs this patch, left a FP group because the Tank was doing a Ready check before every pull (and was bad to boot) and I stayed in their group chat even after I picked up another group.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Had some rough sudden ping issues during a FP last night (Assault on Tython I think) and after the first boss encounter the game told me to eat a dick and locked me out for the night. Anyone else having similar bad luck with this patch?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Hey you people.

I just tossed a Tythian Lightsaber Pike, A Technolith Matrix Weapon Tuning and a Nathema Voreclaw license in the guild bank.

Have yourself a contest. :toot:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Hey you people.

I just tossed a Tythian Lightsaber Pike, A Technolith Matrix Weapon Tuning and a Nathema Voreclaw license in the guild bank.

I looked and didn't see anything. On a completely unrelated note you guys should see my new pike, tuning and companion!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's not enough room in the guild bank to rearrange things into more than two Fs :(

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The contest should be "Who is even still playing this thing?"

I'll log in to win!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Colonial Air Force posted:

The contest should be "Who is even still playing this thing?"

I'll log in to win!

General reaction to Iokath has been very positive. New mechanics, finally a new raid starting. I think the game will pick up a little bit.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Maybe a little class balance with 5.3...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Maybe a little class balance with 5.3...

Okay Reddit personified.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

drat the Nathema Voreclaw is huge. Bigger than the Wampa I think. And he has a cute little bug face!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Holy poo poo that's amazing. Buying that next time I log on.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
gently caress, that is terrifying.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kaysette posted:

gently caress, that is terrifying.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

That definitely needs to be an op boss

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh yeah, he's bigger than the Wampa. Greatest cartel companion yet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The only gifts he accepts are human souls and tears.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

The only gifts he accepts are human souls and tears.

And courting, for some terrifying reason. :D

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah, he's bigger than the Wampa. Greatest cartel companion yet.

holy poo poo. I have to have him.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Hey you people.

I'll try and come up with something imaginative this time that meets Medullah's expectations:

Medullah posted:

I would think something that actually merits some in game effort/cooperation is in order for the next one. Maybe actually motivate some people to play the game. :)

Aleth fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 21, 2017

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Can I park that companion in front of a GTN terminal?

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Haven't played in a long time, but getting the MMO itch. Recovered my account and I have a bunch of mid level and like a level 50 or two. Should I just start over on a new account with the recruit a friend in the OP or just roll up a new guy on this old account if I I plan on just playing the free to play stuff for now?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Nissir posted:

Haven't played in a long time, but getting the MMO itch. Recovered my account and I have a bunch of mid level and like a level 50 or two. Should I just start over on a new account with the recruit a friend in the OP or just roll up a new guy on this old account if I I plan on just playing the free to play stuff for now?

Pretty sure you can resub your old account with the referral link in the OP, unless I misunderstand your question. That's what I did.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Nissir posted:

If you haven't subbed you can use any referral code for the bonuses it gives you so you might as well keep using your existing account.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Look, the first two person mount! Allows for tea time!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Needs a drinks bot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Any other Operatives noticing this annoying white square when they backstab from stealth now?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Any other Operatives noticing this annoying white square when they backstab from stealth now?

I see an annoying white square every time I look in the mirror

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Medullah posted:

Yeah I've been wondering what that is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

Looks like you're not the only one who's experiencing the stun effect, I made a Reddit thread about this animation and someone else posted they're seeing the stun thing too.

Also Vanguard leap looks weird now.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Turbl posted:

Looks like a hitbox made visible by accident.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I see an annoying white square every time I look in the mirror
I just thought I would let you know that I lol'd at this.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stroop There It Is posted:

I just thought I would let you know that I lol'd at this.

Don't encourage him, he needs to be kept in check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
One more thing, last time I played anything without a light saber was basically impossible to play. Is there still a big gap in pvp, or have they balanced it ranged vs melee?

• Locked thread