Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Buff mounted mg's for when vehicles are moving. They are so loving weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Beastie posted:

Buff mounted mg's for when vehicles are moving. They are so loving weak.

for real. letting me shoot my MG15 out the door would be more effective. I mean, the tanks are balanced pretty well in their current incarnation but are only fun for the driver / occasional flamethrower.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

a mysterious cloak posted:

A Bone Krew group would be nice. I only have like 2 people in my friends list that play BF1

There's a list of goons in the OP, we're on a bunch.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Guess I'll make one then, called it BF Goon Platoon, it's publicly searchable but I have to approve members.

e: also taking ideas for a better name

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 20, 2017

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
shooty mans krew
xXxwookie-lordzxXx

or hell just call it bone krew

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Big Red Bone

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Streamin' Stephen Stevens' Screamin' Soldiers

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 20, 2017

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

welp i started [;playing hardcore rush and i'm hooked

this is freaking awesome, it's a whole new level of tactical precision & skill & patience. it requires me to use more parts of my brain and i love it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah but I'm that mode snipers are hellacious.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I think I'm done with BF1. Technically it's a very good game (and gorgeous) but it's just so boring after the other entries. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised given Hardline and Battlefront.

Remaining xboners If yall find another good FPS hit me up.

fastest- pick up blackwake next time it's on sale on steam and lets play pirate fps

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 21, 2017

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

for real. letting me shoot my MG15 out the door would be more effective. I mean, the tanks are balanced pretty well in their current incarnation but are only fun for the driver / occasional flamethrower.

I will never stop hoping they give passengers the third person view so they can at least find someone to shoot at omfg.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Parkingtigers posted:

I will never stop hoping they give passengers the third person view so they can at least find someone to shoot at omfg.

But then you could say goodbye to even the possibility of sneaking up on a tank, unless they have no crew at all.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lambskin posted:

But then you could say goodbye to even the possibility of sneaking up on a tank, unless they have no crew at all.

It would be interesting to see how quick people wise up to the change, because right now lmao at a tank having a crew, unless it's coordinated goons in my squad those tanks serve as mobile spawn points and very little else.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Honestly I find it depends on what tank you are using. Heavy breakthrough tanks and landships tend to stay fairly full in my experience, but of course you'll get the best mileage with actual goons or friends.

So it turns out that there is a secret one hit kill sword you can pick up in rupture near the C flag. Use and abuse it before DICE removes it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMB7USDffY

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

lambskin posted:

Honestly I find it depends on what tank you are using. Heavy breakthrough tanks and landships tend to stay fairly full in my experience, but of course you'll get the best mileage with actual goons or friends.

So it turns out that there is a secret one hit kill sword you can pick up in rupture near the C flag. Use and abuse it before DICE removes it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMB7USDffY

That FOV makes my brain hurt.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Beastie posted:

All about the peripheral vision, baby

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
playong with horse blinders on is like you're goku training in ultra gravity

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Robot Randy posted:

how can we aim down sights

if our eyes aren't real

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I don't need to make sick YouTube clips so I'll make sure to play without inducing vertigo.

I'm sure it's not really worth it for 2-3 more kills per round.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Robot Randy posted:

*adjusting my FOV settings*

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Beastie posted:

Give me 90° or give me death

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'm trying to finish unlocking the sjogren but the only times I'm close enough to reliably kill mans with the m97 I might as well hug them.

Got 32 kills in a rush round just now and ONLY 11 OF THEM WERE WITH MY PRIMARY fuuuuuu

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
For the 50 kill requirements domination works pretty well because it's all close quarters fast paced.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I'm trying to finish unlocking the sjogren but the only times I'm close enough to reliably kill mans with the m97 I might as well hug them.

Got 32 kills in a rush round just now and ONLY 11 OF THEM WERE WITH MY PRIMARY fuuuuuu

Ah come on man from what I've seen you should be a close quarter combat beast! That gun is much better than the A-10 if you are in close quarters. Use it in the new fort locker for maximum effect.

the new shotgun is very worth it, it's a beast if you can aim properly.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I unlocked the sjorgren on suez. It's remarkably easy to get 15 shotgun kills when the fighting is at B. Took like 5 minutes to unlock it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sorry if this question has been asked a lot but do you earn medal progress in this game if you don't have them selected as focus at the loading screen?

I'm enjoying the French dlc, how is the general reaction to it so far?

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Frontlines.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

ethanol posted:

Sorry if this question has been asked a lot but do you earn medal progress in this game if you don't have them selected as focus at the loading screen?

I'm enjoying the French dlc, how is the general reaction to it so far?

No, and you have to do the steps in order.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

sunday at work posted:

No, and you have to do the steps in order.
:captainpop:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The DLC is good at least.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Beastie posted:

Yeah but I'm that mode snipers are hellacious.

thats why you dont go sprinting out into the open as soon as you spawn.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Had a ridiculous 130 min frontlines game today. Took the #1 spot on the winning team and managed to crawl my way back to a positive KDR after getting the poo poo kicked out of us the whole game, to the point of losing one telegraph and the second one being armed at one point, only to rally and push back the other team for the win. Frontlines is ridiculous at times.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

e.pilot posted:

Had a ridiculous 130 min frontlines game today. Took the #1 spot on the winning team and managed to crawl my way back to a positive KDR after getting the poo poo kicked out of us the whole game, to the point of losing one telegraph and the second one being armed at one point, only to rally and push back the other team for the win. Frontlines is ridiculous at times.

Don't have the DLC so I wouldn't know, but do the maps turn into one big crater by the end of it?

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Don't have the DLC so I wouldn't know, but do the maps turn into one big crater by the end of it?

Soissons C and D points get pretty interesting in the long games. B point has actual trenches, but by the end of an hour long game so do C and D points.

I'm having a lot of fun with airburst mortars on Frontlines maps. Prior to this DLC I never really thought they were strong enough.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yes, it's glorious

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I love when pilots line up their bombing runs nice and slow.

https://gfycat.com/SpiritedGraciousBushsqueaker

Same guy, about 30 seconds later...

https://gfycat.com/GreedyReasonableChickadee

No idea how I survived here, it almost looks like I gave him a stiff arm when I stabbed him

https://gfycat.com/PlumpTallCuttlefish

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
nothing makes me nerd rage like a bayonet charge that just glances them and doesn't go into the death animation :dice:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

about 15 seconds later we met the same death

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Just had a 70 minute long round of war pigeons, with the last 30 minutes being at 2-2. We released probably 15 pigeons but they kept getting murked instantly lmao it was ridiculous

Plenty of practice rocket sniping though, so that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Try that Pigeon mode out last few times I've played it I get 50+ shotgun kills a round since every one is focused on getting the bird it makes flanking so easy