Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i know about that part

and there is

http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/amazon-dash-capitalism/

i have no ed and i must balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

"juicero i just want some apple juice"

"APPLE JUICE HAS BEEN RECALLED, THE HIGH EMPEROR HAS REPORTED A SERIOUS CASE OF THE "FRUIT SHITS"

"juicero just give me the fuckin package"

"I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST THAT"

"you're a loving juicer who caSGFHERH"

"I HAVE HELPFULLY REPLACED YOUR APPLE PACK WITH A DEADLY NERVE TOXIN, FOR YOUR SAFETY"

Or you could tell the Juicero to gtfo and Swueeze the packet by hand. Because the machine is actually useless.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I have a Tide pods one of these on the side of the washing machine and I ain't gonna lie to ya it's cool and useful

yeah there's actually a few things they're genuinely useful for

the weirder ones are still real funny though

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

America is probably way cooler and very different if you have gobs of cash

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

juicero is such a funny situation. it'd be a catastrophically dumb kickstarter, but here we are it got funded by the usual sv suspects to the millions and it's a completely useless product. someone did the math on twitter, and for the price of the juice packs vs. the cost of a glass of juice at any upscale cold press place, you'd have to use it every day for four years to get your money's worth.

OR you could buy a juicer for a tenth of a price, a really nice juicer for half the price, or a really really super high end juicer for the same price

and then you could have a glass of actually fresh juice for whatever a pound of carrots and apples and kale actually costs anytime you wanted, with no DRM

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

excuse u motherfucker

oh dang that oooowns

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Honestly an amazon button for toilet paper would probably make my life easier

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Or you could tell the Juicero to gtfo and Swueeze the packet by hand. Because the machine is actually useless.

that's what i did and got killed with deadly nerve toxin

i was just wondering how someone could "disable" food from the internet and my conclusion was "probably literal poison"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

For that price those packets better include the tequila

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
*extremely hillaryishly* click GUM!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

trump (420) - its time to seize the means of you know i could actually use one of those amazon buttons

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
i like when we post about buttons it feels numb and warm

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

The booze for sure is way better. I mean not like life changing better but there's bulleit and then there's pappy

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

trump (420) - its time to seize the means of you know i could actually use one of those amazon buttons

gently caress

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Not to go all day krew but the dash button is legitimate ownage for large bulk products you regularly but infrequently use, like detergent or toothpaste or lube.

It's much better than setting up some recurring order or making a separate grocery run.

I don't really get the oat use case, but if you got a ton of horses maybe it would be nice

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need a button that hires a woman to come over and crush my balls during election season.

Really missed out last year.:smith:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
imagine a button that when you press it, it sends a pre-recorded post to this thread

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

that's what i did and got killed with deadly nerve toxin

i was just wondering how someone could "disable" food from the internet and my conclusion was "probably literal poison"

this is the future conservatives want

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rushi posted:

imagine a button that when you press it, it sends a pre-recorded post to this thread

I've got that, I named it Turdfuzz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what if there was one that just said COMMUNISM and a bunch of old men with insane facial hair show up at your house to hand you pitchforks and torches

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Rushi posted:

Isn't that what baloogan does

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rushi posted:

Squilizza has that, it's good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Not to go all day krew but the dash button is legitimate ownage for large bulk products you regularly but infrequently use, like detergent or toothpaste or lube.

It's much better than setting up some recurring order or making a separate grocery run.

I don't really get the oat use case, but if you got a ton of horses maybe it would be nice

no it's for oatmeal specifically

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

you aren't fooling anyone

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

this is literally the only good way to experience america, nobody without gobs of cash should live here

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
happy bicycle day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUIsgrlp10

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
girls know i mean business when they come in my room and see this bad boy above the headboard

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

what if there was one that just said COMMUNISM and a bunch of old men with insane facial hair show up at your house to hand you pitchforks and torches

set a brick to hold that button down

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

no it's for oatmeal specifically

I know this I know how they work as I have a few in my place, I just don't get why you'd need an oat one but to each their own

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

you know, modern capitalism and finance have taken on an informational complexity that might now be at the level of a biological infectious organism and boy howdy it shows

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Duscat posted:

you wanna drink our juice, you better hurry up and buy a $400 machine, because after eight days, it loving DIES

no worries here, you can only buy the squeezebags by subscription available only to juicero owners

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

oatmeal is orphan food

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like oats a lot but even someone that eats as much as I do has to admit that if you're willing to splurge at the store and spend a whole ten bux, you can get enough oats to last months

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

amazon deliverymen rushing into a nerf warzone to deliver ammo because all the arrows went under the couch again

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

juicerowners

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

triple sulk posted:

i wish the nukes would drop in my butt

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

*takes out dog tags from shirt but instead of dog tags its three dozen amazon push buttons on a chain*

take my brands to my wife, tell her i love her

*charges into vietcong machine gun nest*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

oatmeal is orphan food

i'll have you know its called steel cut oats or savory porridge and you can buy it at a trendy brunch spot with truffle oil and chantrelles for $15 a bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

*takes out dog tags from shirt but instead of dog tags its three dozen amazon push buttons on a chain*

take my brands to my wife, tell her i love her

*charges into vietcong machine gun nest*

• Locked thread