Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

R4 should be higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hugoon Chavez posted:

1) San Francisco rush for the 64

Is that the one with a secret stunt level on one of the maps?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Oh look it's Empress Brosephine back with yet another totally-not-troll-bait post.

Come on man, I love MK8 but can think of at least five driving games that I enjoy even more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

R4 should be higher.

That was the last good racing game before realism ruined the genre.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Empress Brosephine posted:

1. Dirt rally
2. Dirt 2
3. Forza Horizon
4. Forza Motorsports 3
5. Project Gotham Racing 2
6. Gran Turismo 6
7. NFS Underground 2
8. Midnight Club LA
9. Ridge Racer R4
10. Daytona USA

Now do the list for good racing games.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
forgot Burnout 3

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is that the one with a secret stunt level on one of the maps?

I believe that is regular Rush.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Beetle Adventure Racing or whatever on the N64 was pretty sharp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Diddy Kong Racing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

1. Dirt rally
2. Dirt 2
3. Forza Horizon
4. Forza Motorsports 3
5. Project Gotham Racing 2
6. Gran Turismo 6
7. NFS Underground 2
8. Midnight Club LA
9. Ridge Racer R4
10. Daytona USA

You don't even have The Driver San Francisco on this list

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

1. Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's Super Off-Road Racing
2. Mario Kart 8
3+. Everything Else

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sonic all stars transformed, crash team racing, burnout 3, burnout revenge, burnout paradise, and MK8 are my top six.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot about driver San Fran aka GOTG. Looks like Mario kart struggles to get into top 15

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I never got the love for Crash Team Racing. Far as I could tell it felt like a Diddy Kong Racing knockoff

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I should have specified Kart Racer plus I was half joking since most the posts in this thread don't seem serious.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

My post about Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's Super Off-Road Racing was v serious, that game owned.

Also I loved Super Sprint on my C-64.

All your modern Playstation and X-Box racers suck.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

1. Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's Super Off-Road Racing

I had that on my Amstrad CPC

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Oh gently caress it, who am I kidding about possibly waiting to get MK8D? It's going to be great, no reason to delay greatness.

Warning: Online matchmaking for MK8D will probably seem terrible at first since you'll have a pool of pros from WiiU and a pool of noobs, but they'll all be thrown together at first. Kinda like what happened with the Splatoon 2 Testfire. But you can get good against the computer first and learn the courses.

I'm eager to see if the online "chat" capabilities have evolved from the original...

I'll get you next time!

Let's get started!

best way to trash talk: "Thanks for playing" or "Go easy on me" after a win

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

1. Dirt rally

10. Daytona USA

This triggers me so loving much. Daytona USA is timeless. Dirt Rally was given away for free multiple times because it bombed hard and controlled like it was on ice.

No Blur on that list or Sonic Racing Transformed proves this list is nothing but tales from your fart ridden arsehole.

Mario Kart will be good and sell more than anything ANYTHING Codemasters will ever publish.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed was super good and I sincerely hope there's a switch port
Driving around the skies of Arcadia islands was super cool and nostalgic and I can't believe Sega has done squat with the property but a few cameos in over a decade

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bowmore posted:

forgot Burnout 3

My dude. :respek:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Kart SNES
3. Burnout 3
4. Mario Kart 7
5. Mario Kart Wii
6. Mario Kart Double Dash
7. F-Zero GX
8. Mario Kart 64
9. Mario Kart DS
10. F-ZERO
11. Mario Kart Super Circuit

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hugoon Chavez posted:

1) San Francisco rush for the 64

My man. Also Konami Krazy Racers, Snowboard Kids 2. Was Bomberman Kart any good.

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/855390607975514114

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
0. DAYTONA USA
1. OUTRUN 2006
2. MARIO KART DS
3. MARIO KART 8
4. SONIC TRANSFORMED RACING
5. BURNOUT PARADISE
6. TOKYO XTREME RACER
7. BLUR
8. MARIO KART 7
9. F-ZERO GX
10. SAN FRANCISCO 2049

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sonic would've been on that list if the single player wasn't a pile of garb

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Gran Turimso 5/6 had good as hell kart racing and you could race on randomly generated tracks online. I think I spent more time on that than everything else in the series combined.

Ridge Racer R4 will always be the all around best because the soundtrack gives it a crappy anime feel in the best possible way.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I wasn't including Wipeout as it's not a racing game but if we do that owns slots 1-10

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Deltron 3030 posted:

best way to trash talk: "Thanks for playing" or "Go easy on me" after a win

My favorite on Wii U was coming in 1st place and then spamming "I'm using tilt controls!"

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I see a lot of lists without Excite Truck...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Top ten racing games

Banjo Pilot
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Stunt Race FX
Slot car races (minigame from Mario Party 1)
Hurdles with power pad in Track and Field for NES
Rockman Battle and Chase
QWOP
Big Rigs
Rainbow Run
F-Zero N64 DD expansion

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Deltron 3030 posted:

I see a lot of lists without Excite Truck...

Excite Truck exists in a realm beyond futile lists.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I forgot about Micro Machines and Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament, with TWO EXTRA CONTROLLER PORTS IN THE FWIGGING CARTRIDGE. Those games were so much fun.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

irlZaphod posted:

I forgot about Micro Machines and Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament, with TWO EXTRA CONTROLLER PORTS IN THE FWIGGING CARTRIDGE. Those games were so much fun.
Micro Machines World Series this summer on PC with 12 player and hungry hungry hippos!

I am really hoping for a Switch release. Modern Micro Machines multiplayer on the go would be sublime.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The best racing game is Garfield Kart

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How is Mario Kart 64 not on any of these top 10 lists?

Edit: And the Burger King PocketBike Racer!??! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PocketBike_Racer

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can't wait to join the SA Goon room in MK8D and see how horrible I am at racing karts

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh good grief micromachines on the genesis!! Some of its music was actually taken from rock songs. Brilliant game :D

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mario Kart transcends racing games and as such should not be compared to other racing games because they're all bad.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Can't wait to join the SA Goon room in MK8D and see how horrible I am at racing karts

Looking forward to fun times getting drunk and playing pick up games with goons while not being able to say anything other than thanks for going easy on me over and over again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Look at all these racing game lists without ReVolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

I give zero fucks about the dying trees or about my carbon footprint or plastic usage or whatever the gently caress, as long as MK8DX is 59.99€ digitally but 50€ physically I will buy that cartridge

Is this pricing confirmed somewhere (particularly the UK equivalent)? I have a hard time keeping up with the pace of posting in this thread and skip pages at a time, so may well have missed it somewhere..

I'd planned on buying a big SD card (when needed) and buying everything digitally for the Switch. I probably still will - I don't want to be lugging carts around with me everywhere for the life of the console, just for the sake of saving a few quid at launch. Also I'll be away next week when MK8 is released, so digital works whereas physical I'd have to wait to buy it.

• Locked thread