Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

FizFashizzle posted:

wait isn't this guy like Putin's Maecenas?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/12/31/bbcs_adam_curtis_on_the_contradictory_vaudeville_of_post-modern_politics.html

quote:

Surkov turned Russian politics into a bewildering, constantly changing piece of theater. He sponsored all kinds of groups, from neo-Nazi skinheads to liberal human rights groups. He even backed parties that were opposed to President Putin.

But the key thing was, that Surkov then let it be known that this was what he was doing, which meant that no one was sure what was real or fake. As one journalist put it: "It is a strategy of power that keeps any opposition constantly confused."

A ceaseless shape-shifting that is unstoppable because it is undefinable. It is exactly what Surkov is alleged to have done in the Ukraine this year. In typical fashion, as the war began, Surkov published a short story about something he called non-linear war. A war where you never know what the enemy are really up to, or even who they are. The underlying aim, Surkov says, is not to win the war, but to use the conflict to create a constant state of destabilized perception, in order to manage and control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
there's a bunch of mcdonalds around here that have black "100/0" signs outside of the drive thru which is apparently some poo poo an idiot picked up from some kind of leadership seminar.

it means "100 percent responsibility/0 excuses" and the employees at the mcdonalds wear pins that say "100/0" so they can be constantly reminded of how seriously they need to be taking their fast food jobs.

2017 is a hellscape

edit: found a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joiRp9YuCdo

imagine having to say this bullshit with a straight face

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Baloogan posted:

:shrug: depends on how you define white

i define it as "jesus was white"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

In a world where there's...eight Jan Michael Vincents...and 16 quadrants, there's only enough time for a Jan Michael Vincent to make it to a quadrant.

This January, it's time to Michael down your Vincents

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

FizFashizzle posted:

wait isn't this guy like Putin's Maecenas?

He's the guy who made putins propaganda and gaslighting regime, he developed the concept of "politics as reality TV" in Russia you guys should be very afraid of this person and should do everything in your power to stop him, he is a huge threat to democracy and a huge asset to developing the framework of propaganda for fascist regimes in the 21st century. Stop him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Nothing beats this tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeFPpPJeI

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Coolguye posted:

i define it as "jesus was white"
how good do you think jesus's rear end was and do you think he ever hosed?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

brugroffil posted:

so 0-10 then?

i was going to grudgingly give credit for a couple of them until i reread it again and realized that the inclusion of 'act' on everything implies actual legislation. so yes 0/10

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
but im curious how deep the hypernormalization rabbit hole goes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

yeah, same

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

He's the guy who made putins propaganda and gaslighting regime, he developed the concept of "politics as reality TV" in Russia you guys should be very afraid of this person and should do everything in your power to stop him, he is a huge threat to democracy and a huge asset to developing the framework of propaganda for fascist regimes in the 21st century. Stop him.

I'm more of an ideas guy

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mormonpartyboat posted:

Two McTearstm trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He was lovin' it.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a clown shoe stamping on a human face—forever.

Big Mac is watching you.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

unrelated to US politics but pretty funny, and also he blames the "musclims"

a guy in india creating a plane hijacking hoax to avoid going on a vacation with his online girlfriend because he's actually married with a child:

quote:

"hi sir am female here am doing this mail frim Hyderabad as i don't want to revel my details couse am a female and scared of issues, and mailing u this couse in the after noon around 2pm while having lunch there were 6 guys talking those guys are musclims, they were talking abt plane hijack tommarrow in Hyderabad chennai and Mumbai airport they were talking very slowly but unfortunately i heard few conversations abt this, they were saying all us 23 people have to split from here and have to board flights in 3 cities and hijack them at a time. They spoke some other things also but i couls not hear them as i heard only these few sentences from them, i dont know do am i doing correct or not and they are true or not but heard this so kindly go through this and as i informed this as a duty and a citizen of india and pls dont make me to get into issues."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/asia/india-married-man-hijack-hoax-trnd/index.html

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Corporations are garbage

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a clown shoe stamping on a human face—forever.

Big Mac is watching you.

Somewhere, the Burger King-in-exile plots his return

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
McDonalds Concentration Center
(Please removes shoes and jewelry before entering)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
gently caress, now I'm craving a McDonald's garbage burger :suicide:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

McDonalds Concentration Center
(Please removes shoes and jewelry before entering)

my grandpa died in one of these.

he fell out of a playland tower :q:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Thom and the Heads posted:

there's a bunch of mcdonalds around here that have black "100/0" signs outside of the drive thru which is apparently some poo poo an idiot picked up from some kind of leadership seminar.

it means "100 percent responsibility/0 excuses" and the employees at the mcdonalds wear pins that say "100/0" so they can be constantly reminded of how seriously they need to be taking their fast food jobs.

2017 is a hellscape

so 100/0 literally translates to: "do your job 100% perfectly / if anything prevents you from doing everything perfectly, gently caress you it's your fault"

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

Citizen, you will find that the happy meal we provided you is actually a taser, please move towards the second window to pick up your order of oppression and a large fry. Failure to comply will result in your termination from McDonald Enterprise effective immediately.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

2017 is a hellscape

it's extremely necessary for part time workers making $10 an hour working at jobs that society and meritocratic work culture tells them is the absolute worst they could possibly have done to be mentally and spiritually broken into happy little burger servants

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Iron Crowned posted:

When I was scuba diving in very cold water I'd eat a huge Macdonalds meal at the end of the week because I needed the fat and calories so badly.

I would shove handfuls of fries in my mouth and squirt mayo in there.

Their strawberry shakes are pretty ok.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
doc, doc, open up! I've got a fever and the only cure is a big mac

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Iron Crowned posted:

just go to wendys and treat yo self to a fresh, never frozen old fashioned Dave's Double, fries and a frosty.

that way you don't have to feel ashamed, because they are good menu items

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

air bud 27: the final game

the nukes have fallen; society is shattered, few humans remain, their numbers dwindling. soon there will only be... air bud

This is really a metaphor for everything isn't it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

happy little burger servants

don't sign your posts

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

So I've been looking at some pictures of Pence looking mean at the DMZ...

Is it me or does he look EXACTLY like those North Korean propaganda charicatures of the 'evil grimacing big nose-chinned American'? Lol.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

2017 is a hellscape

Can we burn it down yet?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Polo-Rican posted:

so 100/0 literally translates to: "do your job 100% perfectly / if anything prevents you from doing everything perfectly, gently caress you it's your fault"

retail is actually suffering pretty bad these days because people literally cant afford to take minimum wage so the picture is starting to look like 100% turnover 0 people willing to take the job

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tom Gorman posted:

just go to wendys and treat yo self to a fresh, never frozen old fashioned Dave's Double, fries and a frosty.

that way you don't have to feel ashamed, because they are good menu items

No, you always have to get a triple there, if there's one thing I learned from the Simpsons it's more grease makes it better!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Did Robby Mook get a job working for McDonald's after the election season?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A bunch of insane Hillarymen are screeching about Bernie on My Twitter right now. Y.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
bring me the head of the burger king!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My loving McDonald's doesn't have a Juicero

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

I always thought piss-poor was an Australian thing, but it turns out it's a piss poor thing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Schnorkles posted:

It was Merkely iirc.

And literally no one else has said anything resembling that and he hasn't exactly gone and said it again.

ffs

Markey

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

2017 is a hellscape

remember to be accountable when you're shoveling frozen beef patties and pancakes into the deep fryer

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

2017 is a hellscape

lol guys this horesshit job that doesn't pay a living wage and will be automated as soon as we loving figure out how is something you need to take VERY SERIOUSLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

That DICK! posted:

A bunch of insane Hillarymen are screeching about Bernie on My Twitter right now. Y.

he endorsed a mayoral candidate in Nebraska who has supported vaguely anti-abortion lesiglation

• Locked thread