Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

comingafteryouall posted:

yall ever think about how a fast food worker spends an hour making a poo poo load of value meals and their only reward is enough money to buy one for themselves

have kids? too bad.

McDonalds pay two value meals per hour now.

Anyway picture a McDonalds where you drive through and get a fryer full of hot grease sprayed into your car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yall ever think about how a fast food worker spends an hour making a poo poo load of value meals and their only reward is enough money to buy one for themselves

have kids? too bad.

I ran restaurants for a decade buddy I know this hell from all sides

I pretty much suicide bombed my career prospects in the chain I worked at by saying things like, "I think maybe our turnover is through the roof because non-executive raises have been frozen for 3 years and benefits doubled in price and then we cut everybody's hours by 12+"

Oh and pointing out that maybe people are pissed that raises have been frozen for 3 years but the new CEO just got another 60% raise and everybody knows it lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

seriously ya'll click this poo poo

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

seriously ya'll click this poo poo

This is some revisionist poo poo, Taco Bell land would be just as dystopian, there is no escape from our predicament

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Taco Bell innovating with ads straight from the future

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

silentsnack posted:

Been contemplating: since the right's propaganda basically runs on appealing to people's insecurities and massive collective persecution complex, which would trigger the biggest terrorboner to push for full-on fascism?

A: someone in the Trump administration gets assassinated in a convoluted Russian way (obviously forced heroin OD, buttplug covered in anthrax, hot tub full of DMSO, etc)
B: someone in the Trump administration gets assassinated in a traditionally American way (sniper, carbomb)
C: :foxnews: studio gets bombed
D: several Trump hotels/etc burn to the ground
E: Bannon gets shot but survives

The funny thing about these options is that they wouldn't even bother trying to blame a foreign influence. From tweet one this would be a "libruls tryin to ruin are country!" nightmare, wherein we continue to eat ourselves rather than raise taxes on the rich and immediately resolve every "crisis" we currently face.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gently caress wait i found the extended director's unrated cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDIDG6UXdvk

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I don't get how McDonald's is still in business. Their food is more expensive and shittier than their competition. That's quite an accomplishment.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm at the Trump Campaign

I'm at the Russian Op

I'm at the combination Trump Campaign and Russian Op

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Make the full length future film, taco bell

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aurubin posted:

I don't get how McDonald's is still in business. Their food is more expensive and shittier than their competition. That's quite an accomplishment.

Old people that refuse to die

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The Fast Food Cinematic Universe is getting weird

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Aurubin posted:

nuggets and breakfast

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

This is incredible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

Honestly Breakfast Crunchrwaps own.

:agreed: they really are good. Their breakfast burritos aren't bad either and are cheaper and bigger than McD.

nopants
May 29, 2004
lol obama is never going to stop owning the democrats

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The burger wall is a perfect ad for Trump. Keep those hippy dreaming Taco eaters in California. You don't need the needless complication in your life.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Aurubin posted:

my sister works at one that makes £5 profit a day

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Aurubin posted:

Those dollar burgers are a blessing tho

Are they a five guys burger? lol no, but I can crush 6 of them on the way home from leg day on the cheap and it's great

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Aurubin posted:

Also, why was Equilibrium made?

This was 2002, arguably the height of Big Latex's influence

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

NNick posted:

This is some revisionist poo poo, Taco Bell land would be just as dystopian, there is no escape from our predicament

Didn't demolition man teach us anything?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I got coffee on my phone and it ruined my dang speakers

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

five guys is the best but it's obviously the most expensive and afaik every one of them is walk-in only. it's much better than shake shack though which tbf is not bad by any means but it's overpriced as hell and runs on the whole "you can get overly hoppy beer here, too!!!" gimmick

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/8OXjL6K.mp4

nopants
May 29, 2004

That Works posted:

Obama going after Trump just gives them the whole "we're being undermined by Soros, Obama, Hillary and the lying media" angle to run with even further and I think Obama knows that.

who gives a gently caress? The republicans don't let reality ever stop them anyways. they craft their own reality. obama has been island surfing with an australian billionaire since he left office, and they still claimed he was undermining trump through a shadow government

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

McDonalds pay two value meals per hour now.

Anyway picture a McDonalds where you drive through and get a fryer full of hot grease sprayed into your car.

do they? a value meal at mcdonalds costs me like, 7-8 bucks these days

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gringostar posted:

tim kaine was the best part of the hill campaign (not a high bar but still) so if that's the case then cool

also have a gif

New Binding of Isaac looks pretty good

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Aurubin posted:

I don't wanna live in a world without the Big Mac.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

I ran restaurants for a decade buddy I know this hell from all sides

I pretty much suicide bombed my career prospects in the chain I worked at by saying things like, "I think maybe our turnover is through the roof because non-executive raises have been frozen for 3 years and benefits doubled in price and then we cut everybody's hours by 12+"

Oh and pointing out that maybe people are pissed that raises have been frozen for 3 years but the new CEO just got another 60% raise and everybody knows it lol

i sincerely wonder what the reaction would be from this place if mcdonald's announced tomorrow that it was going full robotic back room and tens of thousands of food service jobs were going to be eliminated in the next couple of years

on one hand everyone here whines about automation as the death of all labor, on the other everyone knows that labor isn't fit for people to do in the first place

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
sometimes gbs is alright

dregma posted:

Did I miss someone doing this already?

don't tell them i said that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Obama should absolutely start undermining the GOP but lmao like he'd ever do that. He should be doing tons of super sarcastic tweets about how he wants to see the long form tax returns before he'll consider Trump to be POTUS

But that's not what we're getting from the guy who handed over the DREAM list to a nationalist xenophobe and sat idle as his party died at the state level. Unless he's out shilling for progressives he should probably just gently caress off right back to billionaire island

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

five guys is the best but it's obviously the most expensive and afaik every one of them is walk-in only. it's much better than shake shack though which tbf is not bad by any means but it's overpriced as hell and runs on the whole "you can get overly hoppy beer here, too!!!" gimmick

i dont get why they give u a bag of mashed potatoes when u asked for fries

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Executives shouldn't be classified as human beings thqh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

do they? a value meal at mcdonalds costs me like, 7-8 bucks these days

Seriously, this is one of the more hosed up parts. I can go to a bar and buy a burger for $8 and it's bigger and tastier than anything from McD's, plus beer

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Coolguye posted:

i sincerely wonder what the reaction would be from this place if mcdonald's announced tomorrow that it was going full robotic back room and tens of thousands of food service jobs were going to be eliminated in the next couple of years

on one hand everyone here whines about automation as the death of all labor, on the other everyone knows that labor isn't fit for people to do in the first place

according to statista (which I've never heard of before so uh, grain of salt), the number of people employed in fast food stands at 3.7 million

I think the number of jobs that would be automated might stand a little higher than your tens of thousands number

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

mormonpartyboat posted:

gently caress wait i found the extended director's unrated cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDIDG6UXdvk

the literal hunger games

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Augus posted:

Executives shouldn't be classified as human beings thqh

they're literally vampires in every sense of the word

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coolguye posted:

The employees would probably just laugh, and they'd get a massive wave of complaints from the olds and shut ins to whom their daily McDonalds trip is their main social activity.

I love all the people who gloat about how kiosks will replace cashiers. Kiosks have been around forever buddy, and the most they've managed to do is convert the one cashier to being the one kiosk attendant, and usually they don't even do that.

They reduce lines and that's about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFiDoOgRTpk

• Locked thread