Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, following Tinsley's drunken train of thought, we've already covered "Why do I get in trouble when I belittle minorities, lgbtq, women and Islam?"

So, how long until he rephrases it to "You can make any joke you want, but only if it's against white Christian males. How is that fair, straw-professor?"

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Corbyn and Labour's election campaign – Jeremy Corbyn is clearly up for the fight but the polls show he and his party have a mountain to climb" After Elize Segar.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC on... Corbyn clobbering the middle class with tax rises

'Earning over £70,000 a year, eh? Be afraid, be very afraid!'

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

It's always weird when Steve Bell does a cartoon that could be interpreted as remotely positive towards a person.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:

For reference for overseas brittoon enthusiasts who are curious about how much evil Jeremy Corbyn is in fact railing against the poor middle classes,

knox_harrington posted:

5.2% of taxpayers have income £70k or higher.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Angepain posted:

It's always weird when Steve Bell does a cartoon that could be interpreted as remotely positive towards a person.
I think you mean UK cartoonist period. Based on the cartoons alone, I assume the UK is a gnarled hellscape governed by idiot grotesqueries. where there is no good side, but simply which parody of humanity will defecate upon your soul the least.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"It's actually the white Anglo-Saxon puritan men who are oppressed in this country"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

"It's actually the white Anglo-Saxon puritan men who are oppressed in this country"
That's like four steps of logic beyond where his brain has taken him so far. It's just "Why can't we make fun of people with stupid other religions like we used to be able to? Maybe we'll never know."

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 21, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

For reference for overseas brittoon enthusiasts who are curious about how much evil Jeremy Corbyn is in fact railing against the poor middle classes,

And that 5.2% includes Corbyn himself, who has already said that he fairly pays his taxes.

This is equally poo poo. Labour have been more prepared for this snap election than the people who called it.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Pants Donkey posted:

I think you mean UK cartoonist period. Based on the cartoons alone, I assume the UK is a gnarled hellscape governed by idiot grotesqueries. where there is no good side, but simply which parody of humanity will defecate upon your soul the least.

And you would be right!

:smith:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:

...When he himself is made of money?

The only plausible reading here is "lol corbyn is such a dipshit, doesn't he know that he'll be paying more taxes under his own policies" as if that's a bad and stupid thing and not, you know, an increasingly rare example of a major party politician not being a scheming FYGM piece of poo poo hypocrite

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Props for using the right ship in the picture.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Maki Naro, Rosemary Mosco, Jordan Collver, and Olivia Walch on Communicating Science in the Current Political Climate.

Jess Worby wishes you a Happy Earth Day! (Shut up, Rick.)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh me oh my, not blasphemy :monocle:

fuckin' conservatives, I swear to god

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's literally the twenty first century and there are still people dogwhistling that blasphemy should be banned (unless it's against one of those evil brown people religions). America just continues to research innovative new lows. :smith:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I know it's an old joke, but...

Garfield hates Mondays
Marmaduke is big
It's not fair we can't say the N-word and make fun of Muslims
Beetle Bailey is napping

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

21 Muns posted:

It's literally the twenty first century and there are still people dogwhistling that blasphemy should be banned (unless it's against one of those evil brown people religions). America just continues to research innovative new lows. :smith:

The new lows are world wide right now. I'm thinking that the problem is that Earth for the most part is coming to the cusp of realizing that in order to survive we have to become a global society. The problem is the groups that are the most powerful in whatever country it is are terrified of losing the hold on power they have, so they're pulling out all the stops to hold onto it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

If you're not following agoodcartoon then you've missed out on this student that's sure to have a successful career as a political cartoonist:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol who did you vote for in 2016 again

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Scholtz posted:

Does Bad Reporter normally recycle jokes like this?

You'll notice it said "refined" because like Spicey he's just digging a bigger hole.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's insane the hateboner British media have for Corbyn, sucks for them that he has opinions actual Brits agree with.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Was just about to do this.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's insane the hateboner British media have for Corbyn, sucks for them that he has opinions actual Brits agree with.

Wouldn't that be nice if it were true.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Mr. Squishy posted:

I thought he himself was popular with citizens, but his party hated him, and people hated his party?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I thought he himself was popular with citizens, but his party hated him, and people hated his party?

He's popular with the people who vote within his party, not in general. Otherwise Labour would be winning more elections. The other politicians in his party generally hate his guts because they're a bunch of horrible blairites.

That's why they kept having intra-party elections to try and kick Corbyn out but he kept winning.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He's popular, but not THAT popular. A good 50% of the population hates his party AND ideas, because his ideas are "let's not cut off our nose to spite our face" or more "let's not wreck our healthcare to spite brown people".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, if they only let Labour party members vote in the elction it'd be fine but his general polls are loving dire.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

I've been browsing through Rall's site (trying to complete the profile in preparation for a certain someone reposting 1984), and this is what all the tags do:
http://rall.com/tag/nuclear-nuke-weapons-foreign-policy-north-korea-hiroshima-nagasaki-hypocrisy-logic-nuclear-shadow-world-war-ii

I kinda expect an 90-year old putz like Krischner to fail tag basics, but... come the gently caress on Rall. You still think of yourself as a member of the up and coming generation, and you've been online for decades now.

Does anyone ever ask Ted Rall if he regrets mutilating that kid in high school or whatever?

Tags: Fake News, Ted Rall, Blowjob King of Fairmont High School and Columbia University, Lathe Assault, Attempted Murder

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'd imagine the constant attacks on him in the press, and weirdly timed coverage of shifty polls attacking his popularity are probably a factor in his unpopularity with the general public. There might actually be a decent Hillary Clinton parallel here.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Mr. Squishy posted:

His opinions Brits agree with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7lsRbDKOXg

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Ah. So just like the US then, where most people are on board with progressive stances until you attach them to names like "Obummer" or "Hitlary".

Trump's foreign policy is going to the left?

Trump hosted a Trailer Park Summit at the WH

Deep State looks pretty relaxing.

Heh, look at this guy, who got more than twice as many votes as the Republican candidate in a deep red county of a deep red state. What a loser!

I have no idea what this is about, but I'm sure Michelle Obama is to blame.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Those drat snowflakes are so dangerous!
And which blonde white woman is he referencing exactly?

You know things are bad when Branco has to go back to the "drat you Obama how dare you exist!" well. Can't even get a halfsie for Big Daddy :(

Sandpuppy posted:

"Dammit Obama why aren't you acting more presidential in this time of turmoil!!??"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

Those drat snowflakes are so dangerous!
And which blonde white woman is he referencing exactly?

Ann Coulter.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sandpuppy posted:

That does it Obama, I am never ever going to vote for you in a presidential election ever again.

Well until Trump repeals presidential term limits

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The paper could use a *We Mean Bill O'Reilly Who Is The Man Holding This Paper.

This guy usually doesn't do DASGDC with liberals.

Et tu, Fox News?

Even cartoonists who love O'Reilly can't help but draw him looking like a sleazy creep.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unfortunately he's right:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been zero examples of this happening and an aircraft carrier getting lost anytime recently. Trump being an idiot and not knowing where they were, sure. But they knew where they were.

Gotta love blaming anybody but Trump for Trump's gently caress-up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Internet Webguy posted:

Et tu, Fox News?

This is literally the stupidest take anyone could have on a firing ever.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Heh, look at this guy, who got more than twice as many votes as the Republican candidate in a deep red county of a deep red state. What a loser!

Ossoff is from the 6th District, literally lives right down the road from it, and because it's gerrymandered to all hell, his residence is no different than ones that are technically in the district, you goddamn hack.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

This is literally the stupidest take anyone could have on a firing ever.

Well clearly, it's a Branco cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

They've actually been a bit more fair to the guy lately. Probably because May's not talking to them for some reason.

• Locked thread