Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Harrow posted:

Then again, best case scenario, they just let you date Sae

Maybe just let me date Shadow Sae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Eh, even with Marie the game always seemed to push Rise way harder.

Also the dialogue option to date her is an insane "I love you" out of nowhere when she's been a barely tolerable jerk writing bad poetry up to that point. And given who she actually is, its not like she's a real love interest ultimately anyways

I always saw Rise as just having a crush on the P4 MC and whether he reciprocates or not is up to the player. Sorta like how The Answer strongly implies that Yukari was in love with the P3 MC but whether that was mutual is left up to what you did in your playthrough.

It'd be kind of cool if they found a way to have your confidant choices be represented in a spin-off, actually. Obviously not save importing, that'd be silly, but something where you can pick things in dialog options that become true for that playthrough. Like in Persona 5 Dancing or whatever, Ryuji nudges you and is like, "So, is it true? You and Kawakami...? C'mon, spill the beans! Are you hot for teacher?" and you can reply Yes or No and in either case it becomes true and just influences a couple lines later or something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You couldn't have taken me out on this date without insider knowledge of the park? WHO'S YOUR SOURCE?!

Uh, Weekend Parks pamphlet from the bookstore??

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

You couldn't have taken me out on this date without insider knowledge of the park? WHO'S YOUR SOURCE?!

Uh, Weekend Parks pamphlet from the bookstore??

Now I want this to be added very badly, please somehow hear our wishes Atlus

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Saint Freak posted:

Maybe just let me date Shadow Sae
this

when I saw Shadow Sae I felt incredibly pandered to, bout to cheat on my girlfriend with the manifestation of her sister's repressed emotions

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I started thinking about it and a character that could also work as Aeon in a remake is Suzui, after the events of the first palace we never see her again and I would like her to have a bigger appearance considering she kinda has a big role in the first hours of the game.

Also you could date her and heal her pain.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This isn't a Bioware game where you heal pain with your penis.

For better or for worse, depending on your viewpoint.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Persona, you heal their pain before you date them :eng101:

If they do add an Aeon social link I hope it isn't a new character. I'm not sure who it could be, but the cast feels pretty well-rounded already and I don't think shoehorning in someone new would add more than it subtracts. Then again, the Aeon character has so far always been female and always someone who isn't human, and the only existing characters who would fit that either already have a link (like Caroline and Justine) or aren't around for most of the game.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Harrow posted:

If they do add an Aeon social link I hope it isn't a new character. I'm not sure who it could be, but the cast feels pretty well-rounded already and I don't think shoehorning in someone new would add more than it subtracts. Then again, the Aeon character has so far always been female and always someone who isn't human, and the only existing characters who would fit that either already have a link (like Caroline and Justine) or aren't around for most of the game.
So Morgana becomes human after the ending and gets a new social link, but it turns out she was mistaken about her gender?

Real talk, Aeon social link should be Igor. Even if that means he has to spend the entire game with memory loss in the body of a japanese high school girl.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

I always saw Rise as just having a crush on the P4 MC and whether he reciprocates or not is up to the player. Sorta like how The Answer strongly implies that Yukari was in love with the P3 MC but whether that was mutual is left up to what you did in your playthrough.

I really liked Rise despite that though. Because if you turn her down she takes it completely in stride and astonishingly well. Her reaction is basically just "Oh. Well okay that's cool friend." :unsmith:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

NRVNQSR posted:

Real talk, Aeon social link should be Igor. Even if that means he has to spend the entire game with memory loss in the body of a japanese high school girl.

We've got to be running out of names from that book though right?

'Oh hi, my names uh...Frankensteinia and I have no memories'

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I always forget that Aigis was Aeon. I would not be surprised if the new Aeon is just a third sister of Caroline and Justine, but also would not be surprised if they decided to not do another Mysterious Aeon Woman for a remake. Though after Devil Survivor 2 and Strange Journey remake adding a new mysterious woman, I suppose that's more par for the course

After the Adachi Jester/Hunger link in Golden, I'm really curious as to what they'll do for Goro in a remake, outside of maybe an Accomplice ending. I want to say Goro's postgame status if he was Missing or Arrested would matter, but Adachi somehow got out of prison so whatever man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's actually canon that you put Yukari in a trash can and never let her out

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I have to admit it's hard to get pumped up for an NG+ playthrough now that I've seen the entire plot. Feels like there's not much else to discover, even though I still have some non-max SLinks to go over.

I know this would be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda like the idea of any Golden-type extra/epilogue content being gated behind 100% SLink completion, to give the player a really good reason to do NG+.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Saint Freak posted:

Wait, the attendants and stuff are named from Frankenstein's Monster?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I do actually wonder why they went for not one, but two feminine names for Morgana. His name could've easily been Morgan, which is gender-neutral, and he could've had a different codename than "Mona." Did the Japanese writers just not realize how female-sounding those names are to English speakers, or was it an intentional fake-out?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I really liked Rise despite that though. Because if you turn her down she takes it completely in stride and astonishingly well. Her reaction is basically just "Oh. Well okay that's cool friend." :unsmith:

Oh yeah, Rise is great. I don't begrudge the game having a "strongly suggested" love interest, either, really, though maybe that's just because so far that character has always at least been pretty cool and good. I don't even mind Yukari.

NRVNQSR posted:

That's actually what I hoped. Or maybe have him take the place of that homeless guy you talk to in Shibuya a couple times and he doesn't even have amnesia, he just tries to guide you while trapped in a mortal form without blowing his cover so Yaldabaoth doesn't find him or something.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

I think "Theodore" suggests they're willing to stretch the rule pretty far.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, Velvet Room names have consistently come from either Frankenstein the book or the Universal film series, just like how the school logos in P1-5 are all based on a car manufacturer's logo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harrow posted:

That's actually what I hoped. Or maybe have him take the place of that homeless guy you talk to in Shibuya a couple times and he doesn't even have amnesia, he just tries to guide you while trapped in a mortal form without blowing his cover so Yaldabaoth doesn't find him or something.

That homeless guy is a later subject of a Mementos request: He's the split-personality hitman you deal with rather late on in the game.

My suggestion for the Aeon S-Link is a bit outside the box but might also solve getting Haru into the game earlier...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Still cute

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
And considering Lavenza, they have no qualms using the same character for multiple attendants.

She also makes it super obvious if you didn't pick up on it before (which is understandable, really, since Liz, Margaret, Theo and the twins all have very normal names).

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Results of growing up with the big bang challenge?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Haru + Morgana forever :3: The only one who gets away with picking him up and holding him like he's a normal cat.

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

That homeless guy is a later subject of a Mementos request: He's the split-personality hitman you deal with rather late on in the game.

Ah, right, yeah. That wouldn't work, then.

Either way, "Igor takes mortal form and tries to guide the protagonist without Fake Igor noticing" would be a good twist on the Aeon link.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dragonatrix posted:

And considering Lavenza, they have no qualms using the same character for multiple attendants.

She also makes it super obvious if you didn't pick up on it before (which is understandable, really, since Liz, Margaret, Theo and the twins all have very normal names).

I have no idea what you're referring to.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Haru calling Morgana senpai is still the cutest drat thing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Pollyanna posted:

The character is Elizabeth Lavenza, so they used her twice.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's actually canon that you put Yukari in a trash can and never let her out
yukari best p3 girl

Pollyanna posted:

Yea, Caroline, Justine, Margaret.

Elizabeth Lavenza is just a characters first name and last name

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mc opening a cute small café called morganas with his coffee wife and sleep scheduling cat is the true end

Moltrey posted:

yukari best p3 girl

unquote me and add me to your ignore list for this filth

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Elizabeth and Lavenza are both named after Elizabeth Lavenza, Dr. Frankenstein's wife. If you see Lavenza and you have no idea what kind of name that is, because it's weird and nonsensical, and look it up you get... Frankenstein and things explicitly referencing Frankenstein and that's it.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The second-hand shop owner would be a good choice for an existing NPC if we wanted to pick one to be Igor in human form, imo.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I can get behind Igor selling you a CRT TV and old retro games.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Dragonatrix posted:

Elizabeth and Lavenza are both named after Elizabeth Lavenza, Dr. Frankenstein's wife. If you see Lavenza and you have no idea what kind of name that is, because it's weird and nonsensical, and look it up you get... Frankenstein and things explicitly referencing Frankenstein and that's it.

Unless you live in the most critically Russian place in the world you've probably only ever heard of one story with an Igor in it anyways.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Nah, the most obvious Igor in disguise is the guy in the public baths that refuses to stop turning the hot water up.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

mc opening a cute small café called morganas with his coffee wife and sleep scheduling cat is the true end

I think you mean "police officer wife with a defense attorney sister who both want to ensure a fair justice system for all" :colbert:

Either way, I think we can all agree that Joker will grow up to lead a quiet coffee shop life as a cover for doing crimes on bad people with the help of his thief cat, who also makes sure he gets enough sleep.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hah, I just realized how appropriate it is that the character that makes sure you sleep enough is a cat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think the greatest missed opportunity in the game was not turning the loft into Sojiro's home for wayward youths like I thought they were going to when Yusuke stayed the night.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Igor doesn't even exist original story of Frankenstein, I'd like to imagine the status of Igor in P5 is a fun nod to that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Harrow posted:

I think you mean "police officer wife with a defense attorney sister who both want to ensure a fair justice system for all" :colbert:

Either way, I think we can all agree that Joker will grow up to lead a quiet coffee shop life as a cover for doing crimes on bad people with the help of his thief cat, who also makes sure he gets enough sleep.

makoto's hairbraid is actually a headband

she's a FRAUD

haru's fluffy hair is 100% genuine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Unless you live in the most critically Russian place in the world you've probably only ever heard of one story with an Igor in it anyways.

Yeah, true, though ironically enough Igor was an invention for one of the films (and Theo is the first attendant to share that distinction). Not like it matters because Igor was super memorable and besides pfft books who reads those anyway :v:

• Locked thread