Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Rename mvp to the derrek rose award, it's worth as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Rename mvp to the derrek rose award, it's worth as much

:salt:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Everyone making fun of my Celtics will see. When they trade Jae Crowder for Carmelo Anthony, who will be laughing then? I'm going to kill myself.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
There's an alternate universe really close to ours where the Jimmy Butler Celtics have already, somehow, won that series.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Rondo should play with the thumb, maybe it'll fix his free throws?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This brings up a good question: Who gets stuck with Melo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Knicks

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Good thing the Bulls added some depth at PG at trade deadline :laugh:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Okc will trade singler huestis and Criston for melo and a pick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't believe I'm unironically upset that a, rajon rondo injury may imperil the bulls' playoff lead in 2017.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lakers

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

leftist heap posted:

Good thing the Bulls added some depth at PG at trade deadline :laugh:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

He has a ridiculous haircut, a funny face, and seems to be bad at basketball, too. What am I missing about Payne? Every time I see him play, he's horrible and overmatched.

edit:

Westbrook's MVP photo can go up next to Dirk's I guess.

edit2:

Lebron is just mean.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 21, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

He has a ridiculous haircut, a funny face, and seems to be bad at basketball, too. What am I missing about Payne? Every time I see him play, he's horrible and overmatched.

He dances really well. And depending on how much you like conspiracy theories.

Iowa State assistant coach, who's name I don't remember, who is also on the Tim Floyd coaching tree, who recruited him to Murray State, who is also on the Tim Floyd coaching tree that Gar and everyone else in this loving organization is connected to.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Payne genuinely looked like he was going to be a very good offensive player last year. His shot was smooth, vision was solid, and his pace to the game was unique. Then he broke foot and is bad now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/855448141906272257

Its lit

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

I'm mad that I am legit sad that Rondo is hurt

sorry dex I was rooting for you guys :[

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

PLAYOFF MCW TIME MOTHERFUCKERS

:sigh:

Ahhh my fuckin precious money

Fun fact: Both Cameron Payne and Isaiah Canaan went to Murray State. PGU!

MCW needs to be on the floor with Mirotic so Mirotic can run the offense, and MCW can cut to the basket and rebound. Jerian Grant should start

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jerrian Grant is starting.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Imagine being distraught at the loss of Rondo like a couple months ago

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Play Denzel Valentine and MCW at the same time, Denzel runs the offense and MCW covers wings and they help aggressively? I dont know

But i'm watching a replay of spurs grizz and it's wonderful to see the player I personally coached into the NBA blowing the Spurs up, off the bench. He's Jae Crowder in Draymond Green's body. He's the working class man's versatile tough forward. He's JaMychal Green

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 21, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Play Denzel Valentine and MCW at the same time, Denzel runs the offense and MCW covers wings and they help aggressively? I dont know

But i'm watching a replay of spurs grizz and it's wonderful to see the player I personally coached into the NBA blowing the Spurs up, off the bench. He's Draymond Green in Jae Crowder's body. He's the working class man's versatile tough forward. He's JaMychal Green

Which part of his game do you feel most responsible for ?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
injuries to Dion Waiters and Rajon Rondo have had great impact on the eastern conference playoffs in TYOOL 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

nachos posted:

injuries to Dion Waiters and Rajon Rondo have had great impact on the eastern conference playoffs in TYOOL 2017

The Dankest Timeline

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

Which part of his game do you feel most responsible for ?

I taught him how to scorpion dribble, how to malya step, how to turn a leaf to the left slide jump hook in the post, taught him the shipworm stick chest out on defense, gave him rusty metal shoes to learn to rebound against bigs who could hop higher.
Wayne Selden wasn't me, he was coached by Bill Self at kansas university.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dejan raised JaM like his own kin and I thank him for it

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

gave him rusty metal shoes to learn to rebound against bigs who could hop higher.

So JaMychal Green is Goku?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

So JaMychal Green is Goku?

No, that's Wes Matthews

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
This kind of investigation into who's voted how (and the fact that people will always seek it out) only further reaffirms to my mind that delaying all the awards announcements until weeks after the finals have ended is a mistake. The spirit of the idea is right (build up suspense and drama! have everyone tune in and find out at once!), but it's undermined by tabulating votes ahead of time and spoiling the winners, not to mention the fact that the momentum of the season will be totally over by then anyways.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Not announcing the winners takes away from moments like Hakeem making GBS threads all over David Robinson in the 95 playoffs

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Changing announcing winners to late June is super lame.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There was an issue that was brought up that the NBA awards show is after the NBA draft, which means no one on draft day knows if Paul George is eligible for the super max.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

There was an issue that was brought up that the NBA awards show is after the NBA draft, which means no one on draft day knows if Paul George is eligible for the super max.

He's not

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Everyone making fun of my Celtics will see. When they trade Jae Crowder for Carmelo Anthony, who will be laughing then? I'm going to kill myself.

that rumour is loving me up, even if Crowder is playing rear end, hes a cheap contract

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

What I CAN see happening is Bogdonovic handling the ball. Word has it that the Kings are so impressed with his handles, that unless a massive name drops to them, they may not draft a point guard at all, re-signing one or both of Darren Collison and Ty Lawson, while also allowing Bogdonovic to handle the ball quite a bit as well.

hahah we are going to pass on a PG again in the draft fantastic

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/855468688862064640

Lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Did anyone post that Prokhorov is selling a 49% stake in the Nets? Is that news?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

our wunderkind Giannis is great

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-milwaukee-bucks-toronto-raptors-giannis-antetokounmpo-game-3-60b4fe41f735

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Unicorn

add another to the pile https://www.google.com/#q=site:theringer.com+unicorn

• Locked thread