Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

IF YOU PLAN ON PLAYING AS KING BOO GIVE ME A HELL YEAH

http://vocaroo.com/i/s16Mwj9hFeDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to play Renegade Roundup with Goons. You're all under arrest.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Stan Taylor posted:

No one has said Super Off Road as one of their top ten, you fake gamers. Get out. Out.
smh

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Ivan Stewart should've been put in Mario Kart with a baja truck kart.

Also, I am jealous of you folks in this here thread that have never played MK8 and are about to do so next week on the Switch. It's amazing.

So many tracks are great but I particularly love the Excitebike and Animal Crossing ones.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is a better Mario Kart than any Mario Kart. It's also a constant reminder of how many dead franchises Sega owns. "Alex Kidd has taken the lead! Ulala has gone All Star!"

Alex Kidd did not, in fact, own.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
The perception that kart racers are somehow lesser racing games than realistic racing games is bullshit. Yeah sure Forza and Gran Turismo have realistic cars but no-ones busting them out for parties or to play with friends like they do Mario Kart. And Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is shaping up to be the greatest kart racer!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Weird Sandwich posted:

The perception that kart racers are somehow lesser racing games than realistic racing games is bullshit. Yeah sure Forza and Gran Turismo have realistic cars but no-ones busting them out for parties or to play with friends like they do Mario Kart. And Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is shaping up to be the greatest kart racer!

You might as well be talking about two different genres.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Norns posted:

You might as well be talking about two different genres.

True, I would probably place realistic racing games in the simulator genre.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Posted this in the Mario Kart thread, the thread for karting fun

minusX posted:

According to Nick Robinson from Polygon you can't use two Joy-Cons for one player (IE with the grip) while playing wireless split-screen (meaning two+ switches, connected wirelessly, doing split screen). You have to have each player use a single Joy-Con or a Pro Controller.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/854853687117852673

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What does he mean wireless split screen? When you hook two switches up?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

minusX posted:

Posted this in the Mario Kart thread, the thread for karting fun

Good. The grip is dumb as hell.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

parallelodad posted:

What does he mean wireless split screen? When you hook two switches up?

Yeah 2+ switches. On one switch you can use whatever.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Kashuno posted:

Alex Kidd did not, in fact, own.

I cannot believe how wrong one person could be.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good. The grip is dumb as hell.

The grip really is trash. The Pro Controller is amazing. Using detached JoyCons is ok. Using the system in portable mode with Joycons attached is fine. Using the grip is awful.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
I think the pro controller is legit the best controller I've ever used. Neck and neck with the PS4 controller, but if more games use the HD rumble it may edge it out.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

It's far and away the best battery on any controller I've owned, rechargable or otherwise. It lasts freaking forever.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I kinda like the Wii U Pro controller more. I think I'm the only one that likes both sticks at the top. It also gets even better battery life than the Switch one. It's too bad it's not compatible with the Switch.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I like the grip, I haven't bothered getting a Pro yet.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The grip is actually nice and good. Please do not be rude to it!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like all controller configurations with the exception of single joycon which I just haven't used enough to really form an opinion. Only used it in Snipperclips and it is fine for that kind of game. If I use it in Mario kart it will be in motion control mode.

Whether I use the pro controller or grip is just a matter of which is closer. The pro is not comfortable but for me the grip is not un comfortable, and the rumble is better with the two joycons.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
The grip is good; even though I have a Pro controller, I plan on playing Puyo Puyo Tetris on the joycons because the clickiness of the d buttons feels better to me for making precise drops and not accidentally fat-thumbing up on every fifth block. Pro controller rules for everything else though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The main problem I have with joycons is they are a little TOO clicky and loud, to the point it bothers my wife if I'm playing on the couch while she wants to watch something.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

parallelodad posted:

The main problem I have with joycons is they are a little TOO clicky and loud, to the point it bothers my wife if I'm playing on the couch while she wants to watch something.
Your wife might be easily annoyed

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The grip really is trash. The Pro Controller is amazing. Using detached JoyCons is ok. Using the system in portable mode with Joycons attached is fine. Using the grip is awful.

While I don't see many people using the grip, I love it. I also like being able to just have a "full" controller in my hands via the grip instead of having to by another peripheral to use Switch docked. Also, I'm not shelling out $70 for something without analog triggers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

While I don't see many people using the grip, I love it. I also like being able to just have a "full" controller in my hands via the grip instead of having to by another peripheral to use Switch docked. Also, I'm not shelling out $70 for something without analog triggers.

To use on a system that doesn't even support analog triggers? Okay guy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

To use on a system that doesn't even support analog triggers? Okay guy.

Pro controller should have had heated seats and bigger cupholders

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/mario-kart-8-deluxe-t-shirt/11461194.html

jfc

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
why does the controller cost $70

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

General Morden posted:

Why are joycons 80
Why is the dock 90

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadly_pudding posted:

I usually play as Morton, my juggalo son.

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wanna wear that shirt.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

General Morden posted:

There's a lot going on in that thing

also capitalism

It's a really great controller, though.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Norns posted:

Why are joycons 80
Why is the dock 90

these are also reasonable questions to ask

thank you

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Does anyone have a list of which amiibo will get you outfits in MK8 Deluxe?

Just wondering if this should be the time I finally unpack my Waluigi amiibo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lord Wexia posted:

Does anyone have a list of which amiibo will get you outfits in MK8 Deluxe?

Just wondering if this should be the time I finally unpack my Waluigi amiibo.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What's the difference between analog and digital triggers?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Here's a list of what amiibo unlocks what: http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/mario-kart-8-deluxe-switch

There's a new Splatoon outfit and there's more amiibo that unlock older costumes now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

General Morden posted:

these are also reasonable questions to ask

thank you

The dock in particular is :psyboom:

With all that said I do like the Pro controller a lot. I'd certainly be happier if it was 50 or 60 bucks. But I figure it's early adopter tax.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norns posted:

Why are joycons 80
Why is the dock 90

Because Nintendo is consumer friendly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bef posted:

Because Nintendo is consumer friendly

Joycons are two controllers.
The dock is $60 but is sold with a $30 charger.
This is okay.

/jivjov

• Locked thread