Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
He's a tremendous boorish rear end in a top hat who bullshitted his way into the presidency but that does take some actual talent of a certain sort.

He doesn't know anything about governing/policy but drat if he doesn't know how to control a media cycle- he made The Gatekeepers to Power (Traditional Media, Old Guard Republicans, Career Politicians of every stripe) look like a bunch of loving idiots again and again.

*in extremely nasally weak voice*

"Uhhhh excuse me Mr. Trump but your claim that you played golf on the moon and got a hole in one every time ranks 4 out of 5 Pinocchios on the Politifact Truth-O-Meter! How will you address this?"

"Mr. Trump your claim that you are impervious to bullets and can survive in the vacuum of space is spurious at best!"

"Mr. Trump we are going to have to fact check your claim that you are actually a cyborg from the far-flung future who has all the answers to life's mysteries!!!! Do not make us fact check you yet again!!!"

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Dubya graduated Yale

Trump graduated from Wharton, which is also Ivy League

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can someone please trick this bitch into saying her name backwards so she evaporates in a puff of brimstone and goes back to whichever seething abyss spawned her

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

can someone please trick this bitch into saying her name backwards so she evaporates in a puff of brimstone and goes back to whichever seething abyss spawned her

'Y'rallih Mahdor'. It even sounds like the name of a lizard person infiltrator.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Monkey Fracas posted:

He's a tremendous boorish rear end in a top hat who bullshitted his way into the presidency but that does take some actual talent of a certain sort.

He doesn't know anything about governing/policy but drat if he doesn't know how to control a media cycle- he made The Gatekeepers to Power (Traditional Media, Old Guard Republicans, Career Politicians of every stripe) look like a bunch of loving idiots again and again.

*in extremely nasally weak voice*

"Uhhhh excuse me Mr. Trump but your claim that you played golf on the moon and got a hole in one every time ranks 4 out of 5 Pinocchios on the Politifact Truth-O-Meter! How will you address this?"

"Mr. Trump your claim that you are impervious to bullets and can survive in the vacuum of space is spurious at best!"

"Mr. Trump we are going to have to fact check your claim that you are actually a cyborg from the far-flung future who has all the answers to life's mysteries!!!! Do not make us fact check you yet again!!!"

That, and the media are constantly digging themselves into holes these days and completely evaporating any trust people place in them. Even outlets that used to be respectable.

The Patriots picture thing is just an example. Or saying Trump just threw a kid's hat away when a wider shot shows he threw it to a kid.

I'm like Jesus, there's a huge laundry list of legitimate things wrong with Donald Trump that you could go with, but when you roll with poo poo like this all you do is destroy your own credibility and shoot yourself in the foot.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Dubya graduated Yale

He then went to Harvard and graduated with a drat M.B.A.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

He then went to Harvard and graduated with a drat M.B.A.

hes an accomplished artist too :)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm like Jesus, there's a huge laundry list of legitimate things wrong with Donald Trump that you could go with, but when you roll with poo poo like this all you do is destroy your own credibility and shoot yourself in the foot.

They've got to make anyone who's not on their team a caricature of evil and/or stupidity.

It's one of the reasons people these days can't even talk to others anymore. "Oh!?! You've got one tiny difference of opinion on an social issue!?! Un-friended!!!!"

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

They've got to make anyone who's not on their team a caricature of evil and/or stupidity.

It's one of the reasons people these days can't even talk to others anymore. "Oh!?! You've got one tiny difference of opinion on an social issue!?! Un-friended!!!!"

Its worse than that actually. Newspapers now have whole staffs of people who find offensive poo poo, call up buisiness partners and higher ups and say "We're printing this story which is basically slander tomarrow, care to comment slash fire the person"? Watergate broke journalism, journalists no longer even pretend to report the facts, they are ***watchdogs*** out to improve society. Make america better, spend a quarter or two at the newspaper machine, take them all out, and whip them in the trash.

Do you notice how nobody says "Its a free country" anymore?

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Chinatown posted:

hes an accomplished artist too :)

much like ol doobster, trump is a renaissance man.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Did someone say Joe "gropin" Biden?

JB50 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 21, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gropin' Joe would have been a good Trump nickname for him if he'd run.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Joe Biden is about as creepy as Dennis Hastert irl.

Which is to say "extraordinarily creepy."

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Gropin' Joe didn't miss the nomination because the DNC has a bias against white guys (lol), it's because he wasn't initially interested and by the time he got interested Hillary had vacuumed up all the talent and the donors -- in large part because she wanted to tie them to her in the event of another heavy hitter entering the primary.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

The fact that I hear news outlets and adults that make laws actually reference "Pinnochios" as a unit of measure drains me of trust and hope in my fellow man.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

skasion posted:

Gropin' Joe didn't miss the nomination because the DNC has a bias against white guys (lol), it's because he wasn't initially interested and by the time he got interested Hillary had vacuumed up all the talent and the donors -- in large part because she wanted to tie them to her in the event of another heavy hitter entering the primary.

Biden was interested in running (and probably would have gotten the full backing of Obama) but right before the Primary's his son died.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BexGu posted:

Biden was interested in running (and probably would have gotten the full backing of Obama) but right before the Primary's his son died.

At least he didnt lie about his sons death like when he said his wife was killed by a drunk driver.

She wasnt, she pulled out in front a truck.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

It's really, really bad. Our country is so divided that people can't even talk to each other anymore and our society can barely function. How many times did the government shut down again last administration?

I would say that Fox News started this poo poo, but they are far from being the only ones who are guilty. Both sides of the fence are basically propaganda outlets now and with every end of the media constantly spewing bullshit it's hard if not impossible to be an informed voter and fully understand what's going on. And that has very ominous repercussions for democracy.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Is this book accurate? They ignored the rust belt on purpose?

That is unbelievably stupid.

Literally unbelievable.

I'm not sure I believe it.

That is stupid to the point of crazy.

:psyduck:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

JB50 posted:

Did someone say Joe "gropin" Biden?

He just doesn't want to show up in a Hover-Hands thread.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I slept on that piece of information and woke up thinking, "Holy god damned poo poo how???"

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Accretionist posted:

Literally unbelievable.

As someone who lives in the rust belt, it sure seems like they ignored it on purpose.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 21, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's really, really bad. Our country is so divided that people can't even talk to each other anymore and our society can barely function. How many times did the government shut down again last administration?

I would say that Fox News started this poo poo, but they are far from being the only ones who are guilty. Both sides of the fence are basically propaganda outlets now and with every end of the media constantly spewing bullshit it's hard if not impossible to be an informed voter and fully understand what's going on. And that has very ominous repercussions for democracy.

I don't think cable news coulda divided the country if that became their sole purpose as businesses, people just needed something to do with all that leftover energy once the Red Scare burned itself out, and all those PC killjoys in the party leadership are saying we can't lynch Ahmed at the 7-11 for having done 9/11 so obvs the real unamerican is the guy indistinguishable from me who lives next door and has the wrong bumper sticker

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Biden also ripped offf a speech from an English politician but that was in the late 80s I think.
He's from Delaware which is a loving weird place anyway so whatever.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I blame 9/11

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

BexGu posted:

The book makes it seem like he was actually not considering running before his son's death - Beau was planning to run for Governor in Delaware and Joe didn't want to overshadow him. By the time he had recovered from Beau's death it was basically too late to make a serious run.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Literally unbelievable.

The way they approached the campaign was "everyone already knows who Hillary is and has made up their mind about her. So it's more cost effective to make sure we can turn out every single person who already likes her, than it is to waste time changing the minds of the people who already dislike her." Obviously in hindsight this was a crap idea, but that really seems to have been the way they thought about it. It's not worth coming up with an economic message to sway rust belt voters because we all know she's just going to screw them over anyway, so let's ignore them and preach to the choir.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Its worse than that actually. Newspapers now have whole staffs of people who find offensive poo poo, call up buisiness partners and higher ups and say "We're printing this story which is basically slander tomarrow, care to comment slash fire the person"? Watergate broke journalism, journalists no longer even pretend to report the facts, they are ***watchdogs*** out to improve society. Make america better, spend a quarter or two at the newspaper machine, take them all out, and whip them in the trash.

My favorite needless media drive by was that Ken Bone guy when they found his old weird Reddit posts.

The New York Times printed an article on this fact, and despite not caring about him to that point, it made me like Ken Bone and hope he can prove this rear end in a top hat wrong.

Then I kind of intrinsically got Trump's appeal a bit - though I don't want Ken Bone trying to run the country to make a point.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ken Bone was an idiot who asked a really stupid question.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god i forgot about ken bone!

What was the complaint against him? He thought pregnant women were hot or something? Seems like he's also be condemned if he said "Man i just cant get it up around pregnant women, they dont look good". He was condemned ahead of time for the crime of being neither black, nor gay. :rip:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I suppose you could just not comment on the sexuality of pregnant women? That seems to work out for me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I think Trump is some kind of idiot savant, because he has the uncanny ability to make his opponents look like complete fools, all the while not remembering the name of the country he's bombing or appointing a guy who didn't realize what the Holocaust was.

skasion posted:

The way they approached the campaign was "everyone already knows who Hillary is and has made up their mind about her. So it's more cost effective to make sure we can turn out every single person who already likes her, than it is to waste time changing the minds of the people who already dislike her." Obviously in hindsight this was a crap idea, but that really seems to have been the way they thought about it. It's not worth coming up with an economic message to sway rust belt voters because we all know she's just going to screw them over anyway, so let's ignore them and preach to the choir.

It's the most retarded thing ever, because you know, the whole entire point of a campaign is to try and convince people to want to vote for you.

The Hillary campaign didn't do that. All it really said was "Donald Trump is a bad man" and while that is in fact true, it doesn't make people want to vote for you. What actually happened is nobody showed up to the polls at all because both Trump and Hilldawg are lovely as gently caress.

It should be painfully obvious to everyone, but Donald Trump is in office in a large part due to the DNC's utter ineptitude.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think Trump is some kind of idiot savant, because he has the uncanny ability to make his opponents look like complete fools, all the while not remembering the name of the country he's bombing or appointing a guy who didn't realize what the Holocaust was.

he makes them look like fools because he's basically the town drunk and still manifestly more capable at political maneuvering than the inbred fawning beltway courtier class who's been running things

the real wonder is nobody's come in and taken the country away from them before now

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's the most retarded thing ever, because you know, the whole entire point of a campaign is to try and convince people to want to vote for you.

The Hillary campaign didn't do that. All it really said was "Donald Trump is a bad man" and while that is in fact true, it doesn't make people want to vote for you. What actually happened is nobody showed up to the polls at all because both Trump and Hilldawg are lovely as gently caress.

It should be painfully obvious to everyone, but Donald Trump is in office in a large part due to the DNC's utter ineptitude.

Not only that, but the shock ascendency of one B.Obama, who was also supposed to lose to hillary, really destroyed the whole democratic farm team. All the 1980s-2000s heavy hitters during the Clinton and early Bush era were too old to continue (think ted kennedy) and really the only plan going forward was for the clintons to have 2008-2015 in office to groom a bunch more lovely lackeys to take the party forward. When she lost to "The islamic shock" they all seemed to scatter to the 4 winds and get jobs on wall street or NBC.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I suppose you could just not comment on the sexuality of pregnant women? That seems to work out for me.

The man can want to gently caress who he wants who isnt a child or invalid. loving during pregnancy is actually healthy and helpful as gently caress. You'll understand someday when you lose your v-card. Homeboy is literally taking a nontraditional view of the western beauty aesthetic. That used to be crack to lefties before they started worshipping on the altar of LGBTQI

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 21, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he makes them look like fools because he's basically the town drunk and still manifestly more capable at political maneuvering than the inbred fawning beltway courtier class who's been running things

:eyepop:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many D-party up and comers Hillary kneecapped on her way up and during the entire period of the Obama presidency while the inevitability of a Hillary run was hanging around like an 8-year fart cloud

Great job there H-Dawg

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

You had to conquer half the world to discover a seasoning other than salt. Your most popular show is about an ancient pedophile who cruises around time and space in a phone booth yelling at things until your FX budget runs out. And for the record, every adaptation of Sherlock Holmes is better when we do it and I'm counting Psych.

You got your rear end kicked by a bunch of drunk rednecks who dressed up like Indians and if you spent half as much time thinking about your elections as you did getting conquered by medieval France, then maybe you wouldn't have exiled yourself from Europe and driven Scotland to considering yet another referendum to leave your rear end.

Wowee that's an awfully poo poo understanding of history and things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wonder how many D-party up and comers Hillary kneecapped on her way up and during the entire period of the Obama presidency while the inevitability of a Hillary run was hanging around like an 8-year fart cloud

Great job there H-Dawg

Only Cory Booker survived.

lol

• Locked thread