Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

It's already not considered harassment if you're doing it at an appropriate place and time.

Yeah, keep your flirting to where it's acceptable. Like at a job interview or a performance review. Maybe during a traffic stop or a poorly lit street after 1am. Just use your heads guys, it's not hard. Sheesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

you like that? I got more hot takes. corn on pizza is good. oooooo

Oh well that's just a matter of taste :shrug:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

It's already not considered harassment if you're doing it at an appropriate place and time.

Im not so sure thats true. I know a lot of people, male and female, who get upset if they are propositioned at all, unless they initiate it themselves.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

you like that? I got more hot takes. corn on pizza is good. oooooo

I'm about to drop a bomb right here. I like corn in chili.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm about to drop a bomb right here. I like corn in chili.

I like corn in just about everything tbqh

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I like pineapple in chilli.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Corn and loving pineapple relish boys.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not going to argue with a taco about salsa.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
KFC is worse than McDonalds. I don't know when this happened or why, but I can legitimately enjoy something from a McDonalds menu (McMuffin) and everything I've had from KFC since... like, 1994 has just been godawful. I've lived all over the loving US and they're all terrible. I don't understand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

KFC is worse than McDonalds. I don't know when this happened or why, but I can legitimately enjoy something from a McDonalds menu (McMuffin) and everything I've had from KFC since... like, 1994 has just been godawful. I've lived all over the loving US and they're all terrible. I don't understand.

Put Louisiana hot sauce on their cole slaw. You're welcome.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I loved the nashville hot chicken at KFC but it's gone now so gently caress them

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

The Skeleton King posted:

I like snow and rain and cloudy skies. I like cold wind and the quiet atmosphere of winter. Snow doesn't bother me at all. I have no idea why people whine so hard about it.

I hate clear skies and long sunny days.

I live in Phoenix.

I second this, the sun is pure evil. The sight of a grey skiy puts me in a great mood. Blue skies and sunshine are overrated.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Put Louisiana hot sauce on their cole slaw. You're welcome.

Next time I have to eat there, I'll try it. Hopefully it's a long while, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

KFC chicken is too juicy. I know that sounds like a dumb thing to complain about because chicken should not be dry but a piece of fried chicken shouldn't dump 2 ounces of oily liquid out when you bite into it either. To top it off their batter soaks up an ungodly amount of oil.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

Agreed kfc is entirely joyless food. Sometimes mcdonalds nuggets or a mcbouble or quarter pounder can feel great. Especially on the road. Also their coffee is good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fun fact, three of the herbs and spices making up Colonel's special blend are different kinds of sawdust.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

KFC's shittiness is compounded by every other fried chicken place being pretty good. Even the chains. Popeyes is almost objectively better than KFC and they are all over. I'm only in the mood for fried chicken once very three months and I just get it from the grocery store Deli usually though. It's still better than KFC.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
As disappointing as KFC's chicken often is, they usually have pretty decent potato wedge fries.

I actually find Long John Silver's "chicken" to be more satisfying than KFC's, plus they have hush puppies which are very good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All fried chicken joints are good in their own way. Popeye's and Chick-fil-A are both obviously better but KFC works for me too if I'm in the mood for it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I can eat the hottest curries and never have any gut troubles.

But KFC always gives me the old chocolate shotgun.

That said, I think KFC tastes great, and dunno what you're all on about. I mean, Popeyes is better, but saying it's bad compared to McDonalds?! Their gray, steamed meat? Are you kidding me?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aramek posted:

That said, I think KFC tastes great, and dunno what you're all on about. I mean, Popeyes is better, but saying it's bad compared to McDonalds?! Their gray, steamed meat? Are you kidding me?

If you get chicken from KFC that is actually recently cooked, and cooked properly, it's pretty decent. In my experience though most of the time you get the dried out poo poo from the bottom of the tray where the bone weighs more than the meat on it. It's very inconsistent to me. It's like Golden Corrall's chicken - sometimes it's decent, most of the time it's edible but not very satisfying.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aramek posted:

McDonalds isn't good but I like it once in a while. It's tasted the same my whole life so I guess it's comfort food. Their fries are good. If I eat it more than once in a month I won't want to eat it again for a long time.

Wendy's is the only one of the big three fast food burger places that actually has decent food. Burger King is worse than McDonalds.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Aramek posted:

It probably helps that I very nearly never order burgers. McDonalds still does a good McMuffin and like most fast food places, can offer a decent salad. Their little chicken wraps were also pretty okay. KFC tastes like when you fry everything in the same grease. Their chicken's sloppy as hell and all their food has this bizarre lack of flavor. Like eating insulation with a greasy aftertaste. Their pot pie is a goddamn gravy soup with bits of tough chicken floating around in it. I don't think mine had any actual vegetables.

Wendy's and Dairy Queen have actual great salads and I outright love Arby's turkey sandwich and curly fries. I wish there was a Popeye's around here so I could have a decent chicken and biscuit every once in a while.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I can't imagine ever ordering a salad from a fast food place. That stuff is almost definitely not fresh and you could probably get a better fresher prepackaged one cheaper at the grocery store.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Just do what I do, live a horrible unhealthy lifestyle that makes you feel bad all the time, so you can't differentiate what foods make you sick. You can eat whatever you want! #lifehack

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The egg mcmuffin with ham is fairly healthy for a fast food place. You just nees to eat some vegetables with it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I can't imagine ever ordering a salad from a fast food place. That stuff is almost definitely not fresh and you could probably get a better fresher prepackaged one cheaper at the grocery store.

McDonalds comes under so much scrutiny that its food delivery & prep is generally pretty good. They don't serve pureed chicken beaks and rotten lettuce.

Your average high street grocery store isn't going to be any better.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

sassassin posted:

McDonalds comes under so much scrutiny that its food delivery & prep is generally pretty good. They don't serve pureed chicken beaks and rotten lettuce.

Your average high street grocery store isn't going to be any better.

I guess but you know they are going for the lowest of the low cost fresh stuff at best. Maybe it's just me but when I go to mcdonalds/wendys/burger king i'm not fooling myself, I know I'm going there to eat something unhealthy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Same. I just get the most ridiculous burger on the menu and gorge myself like a pig and then avoid fast food for the rest of the week. I'm not going to McDonald/Arbys to count calories.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The McDonald's burgers are bad and limp. They need to make them as good as their fries.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

The McDonald's burgers are bad and limp. They need to make them as good as their fries.

I don't think McDoubles and the regular cheeseburgers are bad. And some of their more expensive burgers are actually okay, but you could actually go to a local burger joint and get a better one for cheaper.

Even as a chubby dude who eats fast food all the time, I think Big Macs are really gross. That new mega-mac they made is an abomination.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I usually like veggies better than meat and prefer them whenever possible. Occasionally I'll get a bum salad, but they're usually pretty good.
I can't be a vegetarian, though. I like fish way too much. Steelhead, rockfish, red snapper, cod, salmon, yeeeesss. :swoon:

e: And catfish! I don't give a poo poo if it's a bottom feeder, fuckers are delicious!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Das Boo posted:

I usually like veggies better than meat and prefer them whenever possible. Occasionally I'll get a bum salad, but they're usually pretty good.
I can't be a vegetarian, though. I like fish way too much. Steelhead, rockfish, red snapper, cod, salmon, yeeeesss. :swoon:

e: And catfish! I don't give a poo poo if it's a bottom feeder, fuckers are delicious!

I'm going to eat the hell out of some "stockfish" when I go to Norway in a few months. Honestly "dried cod" sounds very unappetizing, but unpopular opinion: even if a local specialty sounds really gross you're a big baby if you don't at least try it. It can't be that gross if they've all been producing and eating it for so long.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Das Boo posted:

Popeye's is better. Doesn't hold a candle to Bojangles' though.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm going to eat the hell out of some "stockfish" when I go to Norway in a few months. Honestly "dried cod" sounds very unappetizing, but unpopular opinion: even if a local specialty sounds really gross you're a big baby if you don't at least try it. It can't be that gross if they've all been producing and eating it for so long.

The reasoning behind dried cod, and lots of other foods like it, is not that it's good (although it might be to some people). They used to make it to so they could have preserved whatever when no other food was available, so gross or not if you wanted to survive you ate it. Then it turned into a tradition.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
McDonalds food is fantastic for athletes/weekend warriors. Their burgers have great macronutrient profiles and loads of easy calories. Just ask Usain Bolt.

They should refocus their marketing on the high performance sports demographics rather than the desperate "healthy and wholesome" idea they try to push.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Agreed Mcdonald's is great if you need 7,000 calories a day because you're an elite athlete.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Babylon 5 is way better than any of the Star Treks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

McDonalds food is fantastic for athletes/weekend warriors. Their burgers have great macronutrient profiles and loads of easy calories. Just ask Usain Bolt.

They should refocus their marketing on the high performance sports demographics rather than the desperate "healthy and wholesome" idea they try to push.

I'll forever remember Chad Ochocinco on Hard Knocks talking about he eats McDonald's every day and that "Super Size Me is a movie. It's fiction."

Although that leads to a possible PHUO: Super Size Me's effect on how people look at fast food is stupid. Who needed a documentary to show them that eating McDonald's for literally every meal every day would gently caress you up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I saw Super Size Me but don't remember it much, did he just consume a shitton of calories while not using them for anything? That is bad for you whether it's MC Donald or any other type of food.