Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

financially racist posted:

aw man why you gotta be like that :smith:

Caught a second grimer last night. in the rain, I decide yes, now is an excellent time to go 3 blocks and get this, so I did.

you will note I waited to tell this story until after you got one. I'm only moderately rude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Just hatched 3 grimer in a row. Wouldn't think anything of it, if it wasn't for this thread

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

Just hatched 3 grimer in a row. Wouldn't think anything of it, if it wasn't for this thread

Pokemon GO: American McGee's Grimer

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I have five grimers total and caught a Muk in the wild. Still am missing Aerodactyl from my gen 1 dex.

Event over and I have seven 2ks to hatch. Here's hoping :pray:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

mastershakeman posted:

ahahaha nice. so in 70 eggs you got one grimer? no wonder I'm getting shellder, Machop , Bulbasaur and other stupid poo poo while hoping for a miltank that'll never happen

Wait is miltank actually good or did I just get a 98 IV novelty cow?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

More rare than good.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Haven't been able to really participate in this event due to changing phone contract bullshit - instead I've spent the last 2 days going from wifi hotspot to wifi hotspot to walk my eggs a few hundred metres at a time. Finally got all the pre-event eggs clear out and now I've got 8 event 2Ks and a 10K ready for when I get the new contract this weekend :getin:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

ahahaha nice. so in 70 eggs you got one grimer? no wonder I'm getting shellder, Machop , Bulbasaur and other stupid poo poo while hoping for a miltank that'll never happen

Walk more.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Ballz posted:

I'm still getting 2x XP and Lucky Egg discounts over here. But yeah, it was scheduled to end at 1:00 PDT if I'm not mistaken. A late end is par for the course with these events though.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Lol, sorry dudes without Grimers. Just checked my Pokédex and I've Seen and Caught 23 of them so far.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ballz posted:

I have five grimers total and caught a Muk in the wild. Still am missing Aerodactyl from my gen 1 dex.

So I guess now is a bad time to say I hatched two Aerodactyls (and I already had one) from eggs I got today?

:pwn:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

No Safe Word posted:

So I guess now is a bad time to say I hatched two Aerodactyls (and I already had one) from eggs I got today?

:pwn:

I have 80 Aerodactyl candy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

as long as I can't get in gyms and refuse to buy coins with USD all my walking won't matter. I'm about to break 1000km (at 950izh) actually with 260 eggs hatched

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

holy jesus in heaven

after spending some four fuckin hour straight walking and hatching over 30 eggs this morning (including, no poo poo, 6 more loving togepis), i finally, FINALLY, loving FINALLY hatched a goddamn grimer

Hooray! A happy ending.

I just caught a 15/15/13 Snorlax with lick and hyper beam. Better than anything I got from the event.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I caught a mid-70s IV dragonite today and it was really high level so I was like, yeah, today is good. Then another mid-70s Dragonite spawned and I got that and I'm like yeah, today is awesome. On the way I saw a dratini so I grab it. I didn't think much of it until I heard people talking about a 100 IV dratini ... and I'm like hey, I caught one this morni---oh shiiiiiit

so, yeah. Turns out that's a 100 IV dratini :stare::stare::stare: on top of two decent Dragonites.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 21, 2017

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I got enough Grimers out of eggs to get a pretty decent Muk today. This pleases me.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

IVs are individualized now. So don't trust the IV report on scanners anymore. That'll probably discourage a lot of spoofing, anyway.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

TVs Ian posted:

IVs are individualized now. So don't trust the IV report on scanners anymore. That'll probably discourage a lot of spoofing, anyway.

Totally fair.

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

TVs Ian posted:

Wait, really? When did that happen?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

People are reporting it today. My scanner guy noticed first, now it's all over Reddit and various scanner discord channels. Moves and IVs individualized, just like shinies are.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Yeah, seems like it started around when they turned off the Easter event.

[edit] It may be based on level, and be the same for everyone 30+. I don't have any way to test that right now, and that also means only scanners with level 30 accounts would be accurate.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Dammit, I literally downloaded a IV checker last night.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

LumpyGumby posted:

Dammit, I literally downloaded a IV checker last night.

An IV checker will work fine, if it's for stuff you caught. It's just that the scanners that report the IV of a wild Pokemon will be inaccurate. Unless the scanner's account and player's account are both 30+. Which is difficult on the scanner side - it require leveling multiple accounts that are prone to banning.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TVs Ian posted:

Yeah, seems like it started around when they turned off the Easter event.

[edit] It may be based on level, and be the same for everyone 30+. I don't have any way to test that right now, and that also means only scanners with level 30 accounts would be accurate.

ah so the same as CP. neat.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Miltank is a recurring nightmare for the players in the original Game Boy era, because ROLLOUT.

So that's why it's popular. It's not very good.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I pulled off about 3 million experience and went from 38 to 39 during the event.

How did everyone else do?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

I pulled off about 3 million experience and went from 38 to 39 during the event.

Mid 27 to just past 30. Not bad.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Despite doing a lucky egg mass evolve the week before this event (ugh) I went over halfway from 25 to 26, which for me is not bad. I don't play the game enough to get more experience.

also, I finally hatched an Aerodactyl, and on a different note caught a Houndoom, Quilava, and Mareep (all super rare in my area), so I'm very happy with how this week has gone. I'm basically out of poke balls, but we are going into the city tomorrow night so that's a good time to replenish them.

Pokémon on my wishlist is a Lapras. I still have 4 eggs from the event, so fingers crossed.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I got a single egg during the event window, haven't hatched it yet, and used my final lucky egg to get 177k experience, taking me most of the way through level 31, although 32 is still a ways away. Hopefully I got something neat in that one egg.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hatched only one Gligar and went from 28 to almost 30. Finally got a Chansey and an Aerodactyl, and enough Grimers to get a Muk the next time I evolve something, so overall I'm happy.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

I also got like 3,25 million and went from 35 to 37. I'm pretty happy with it!

Sprite Based
Nov 13, 2004

dance dance sasquatch
Got about 1.5 million, which was enough to get me to 37. Probably going to be done giving a poo poo about level from here on in. 2.5 million for 38 is pretty crazy, and I don't see myself getting there until at least July.

They also changed from Sightings to the Nearby system here in Japan, and I hate it. How do you guys deal with knowing you could potentially be right on top of something you want to catch, and have no idea? I wouldn't mind it if there was a filter for trash mons, but I'm not enjoying it at all in its current form.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Event was good to me. I went from barely 34 to 35 (I used most of my mon for mass evolves previously). Hatched a ton of eggs. Valentines was better for double candy, but the egg thing was good. Halloween last year was still the best.

There's a dude on a Facebook group here, whining that he REAAAALLY wants the regional exclusives but has no time or money to travel, so he wants help to spoof them, without giving his account info out. It's loving amazing how people can justify cheating (he insists he won't take down gyms....buuuuut it would be nice to have extra coins because, you know, family and work means he can't play as much as he wants to. Oh, like everyone?) and whine that they can't get help to cheat.

This morning, super weird, my first catch was a 1300+ Kabutops. And a Nidoking on sightings. This is a first.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

seriously look at this fuckin poo poo

what am i supposed to do with these stupid fuckin things

Hoard the candies for the inevitable release of togekiss next year.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Man, I don't do that much in the gyms, but there's one gym accessible a short walk from my work that I can pop out and help defend if need be but lately it seems Mystic has been targeting it after midnight to do this poo poo:

10 Blissey stack :negative: (the current one at the top, the previous one with a Snorlax thrown in for flavor at the bottom right and that was after I knocked it down from 52k to 44k)

Knocking that poo poo down takes FOREVER. And they do it overnight when there should be nobody allowed to access the gym physically either, so .... yeah. Ugh.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Man, I don't do that much in the gyms, but there's one gym accessible a short walk from my work that I can pop out and help defend if need be but lately it seems Mystic has been targeting it after midnight to do this poo poo:

10 Blissey stack :negative: (the current one at the top, the previous one with a Snorlax thrown in for flavor at the bottom right and that was after I knocked it down from 52k to 44k)

Knocking that poo poo down takes FOREVER. And they do it overnight when there should be nobody allowed to access the gym physically either, so .... yeah. Ugh.

Those are bots, you should report them. The more people reporting the better so tell your friends and maybe see if some goons will report too.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Those are bots, you should report them. The more people reporting the better so tell your friends and maybe see if some goons will report too.

Oh I'm aware they're botters. I guess I should go ahead and report them. I won't pretend that botters haven't helped me get some of my Pokecoins because I got to slot into some gross ten-stacks with my highest guys but that doesn't mean I shouldn't report anyway I suppose.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently the last update made spoofing a lot harder for the casual player (I'm seeing reports of the mock GPS spoofers you can easily download from the play store no longer working). Hardcore players can probably still do it no issue though.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
The update for Android system was the big thing recently. They made it so that developer gps mods declare that it's a fake signal or something like that. Rooted androids can still spoof though and I think iPhones still work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hatched 2 Grimers today and had enough to evolve him and about 20 minutes later hatched my last 10k from the event and got Porygon with 30 candies.

• Locked thread