Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I first heard of gif files in art class, where the teacher told us that "GIF was short for Gift". Because they were files you could send to someone else, like a gift.

:ughh:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Didn't help that the classic Mac OS type code for gifs (4 characters) was GIFt.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I first heard of gif files in art class, where the teacher told us that "GIF was short for Gift". Because they were files you could send to someone else, like a gift.

:ughh:

They were correct though

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

The gif/jif debate has always kinda blown my mind, cuz I had just called them "gee eye eff files" for long before I actually got the internet at home.

Man, you just do everything wrong, don't you?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Guy Goodbody posted:

Fear me, humans!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a crazy genius to his plan - the entire rest of the world is arguing over which of the two possible pronunciations is correct and have to live with the uncertainty that they might be wrong but MrBibs decided to completely sidestep the debate by inventing a third option and he can happily trundle along in the complete and utter certainty that he's definitely 100% wrong.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

That's really cool of her be the vector for the pigeon's parasites and disease since he can't really do much with them anymore.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yiff.

Yiff all of you.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Peter Pan because gently caress Jiff, it is poo poo PB...

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I don't think she inflated it enough.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

I am particularly partial to this one: "Deeply Artificial Trees"

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

I'm a bit late to the party, but this has always been my favorite Muppets video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGTNS13SDU

NSFW for profanity, I guess. Wear headphones if there are people around you who get upset about gentle caresses.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is one of my favorite Muppet videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bfdaR4xMeU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Trastion posted:

Peter Pan because gently caress Jiff, it is poo poo PB...

They're both poo poo, because they have sugar in them.

Having a food processor is awesome, because you can just get peanuts, and make the stuff plain, or add whatever you want. Like habaneros.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

I get that reading is a skill, but I precisely said that I didn't get the internet until long after the gif/jif lines were drawn. It's something I picked up from my dad, phonetically pronouncing file extentions because they aren't words. Gee eye eff. Bee Emm Pee. Eh Vee Aye. Tee Ecks Tee.

The notion of having to pronounce those things, like I said, was a bit of a mind-blowing thing for me. They are file extensions, not words. I get to laugh at everyone else arguing how to pronounce a file extension.

Original removed cuz upon someone pointed out that it was kinda racist. So here's a dude with a squash.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Apr 21, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I get that reading is a skill, but I precisely said that I didn't get the internet until long after the gif/jif lines were drawn. It's something I picked up from my dad, phonetically pronouncing file extentions because they aren't words. Gee eye eff. Bee Emm Pee. Eh Vee Aye. Tee Ecks Tee.

The notion of having to pronounce those things, like I said, was a bit of a mind-blowing thing for me. They are file extensions, not words.

It's a thing you may have to say to another person using your mouth. That makes it a word.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

It's a thing you may have to say to another person using your mouth. That makes it a word.

Do you go to the Ahtem (or Aytem) to get money to pay for a flight at JickFuhKuh to see the latest Nicaa game, maybe eating some Kiffc chicken?

E: vvv I played a lot of KoL and Jick autopredicted. You try writing acronyms out phonetically. :colbert:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Apr 21, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

JickFuhKuh

:wtc:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

MisterBibs posted:

Do you go to the Ahtem (or Aytem) to get money to pay for a flight at JickFuhKuh to see the latest Nicaa game, maybe eating some Kiffc chicken?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

MisterBibs posted:

The notion of having to pronounce those things, like I said, was a bit of a mind-blowing thing for me. They are file extensions, not words. I get to laugh at everyone else arguing how to pronounce a file extension.

Not sure if this is more of a macro, but I laughed, so..

you know what else is a skill? not being a poo poo idiot hell fucker so cursed by god that you cannot eat a hot dog without managing to get owned so thoroughly judges are eyeballing the gettysburg address to see if someone should be jailed for it

edit to add: it's a pity your mother didn't have access to roo 86

PopeCrunch has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Apr 21, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

PopeCrunch posted:

you know what else is a skill? not being a poo poo idiot hell fucker so cursed by god that you cannot eat a hot dog without managing to get owned so thoroughly judges are eyeballing the gettysburg address to see if someone should be jailed for it

:vince:

I believe i have the vapors

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Grey Fox posted:

That's really cool of her be the vector for the pigeon's parasites and disease since he can't really do much with them anymore.

my phone won't play this right now. Is she smoking a pidgeon??

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Elsa posted:

my phone won't play this right now. Is she smoking a pidgeon??
she tries to resuscitate a pigeon with a broken neck. it goes about as well as can be expected.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

*Ballmer tips fedora*

M'Spaint

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The gif that keeps on giving.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MisterBibs posted:

Not sure if this is more of a macro, but I laughed, so..

Cool racist poo poo you moron

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cool racist poo poo you moron

Eek. I wasn't thinking about it from that perspective, but it does have that sort of veneer. I'll remove and replace it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MisterBibs posted:

Eek. I wasn't thinking about it from that perspective, but it does have that sort of veneer. I'll remove and replace it.

Ignoring the race thing, what about it was even supposed to be funny?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Bibs doesn't think poo poo through, news at 11

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Catsup on hotdog sandwiches makes me cry too...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I do believe the creator of Clippy just issued the Internet a challenge.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Wow, looks like they had a plan.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pro tip:

babies love trying lemons
toddlers hate trying lemons

there are as many clips of babbies loving lemons that there are of toddlers freaking out about lemons. just no supercut i guess

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pro tip.

Different kids like different things.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i have watched every child on youtube and they all like the same thing

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot