Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
We could have had a Haruka idol game spinoff if they hadn't so thoroughly shot her career full of holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Caitlin posted:

We could have had a Haruka idol game spinoff if they hadn't so thoroughly shot her career full of holes.

Then now's a good time for her to get into the family buisness! :getin:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Ratoslov posted:

Then now's a good time for her to get into the family buisness! :getin:

Sold! I'd buy it. :toot:

I know it's a Korean film, but I just got flashes of My Wife is a Gangster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Wife_Is_a_Gangster

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

But Tekken 7 may be Kiryu's last chapter, if he does become a guest fighter.

http://yakuzafan.com/kazuma-kiryu-requested-character-tekken-7-dlc/

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I am definitely one of the people who replied to that tweet requesting Kiryu since Tekken is the major fighting game franchise I play.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If Kiryu can't be in Virtua Fighter because it's dead then Tekken is the next best choice.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It would probably be fairly easy to take Kiryu's Dragon of Dojima style mixed with a few moves from his other styles and convert it to Tekken's style of gameplay. I mean, converting Street Fighter's Akuma into Tekken's gameplay is probably more difficult yet they did precisely that.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Policenaut posted:

If Kiryu can't be in Virtua Fighter because it's dead then Tekken is the next best choice.

Kiryu is in Virtua Fighter.

He's the player playing the game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I unlocked Majima's fourth style and I don't understand the purpose of the circle move. It seems to drain all 3 heat bars to do almost no damage?

The fights at the end of the business side stories really illustrate how bad the combat is in Yakuza games. I wish they'd go back and fix it some day. There's no excuse to be this lazy when there's years of Platinum games to look at.

Also I'm super annoyed the removed or nerfed all the counter skills until they're practically useless.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 27, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The collecting and agents thing in Goro path is necesary?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No. I didn't use a weapon once in my entire playthrough so couldn't be bothered to farm them.

I think you have to do like the introductory tutorial one and then that's it.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 27, 2017

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
cross post from the japan tv thread: Dude who voices/face of Kuze was on a new Silent Library

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

I unlocked Majima's fourth style and I don't understand the purpose of the circle move. It seems to drain all 3 heat bars to do almost no damage?

The fights at the end of the business side stories really illustrate how bad the combat is in Yakuza games. I wish they'd go back and fix it some day. There's no excuse to be this lazy when there's years of Platinum games to look at.

Also I'm super annoyed the removed or nerfed all the counter skills until they're practically useless.

Yeah, I love Majima's secret style but that circle move seems entirely useless.

Kiryu has plenty of good counters, still. Two for his brawler, two for his secret style, a non damage counter for his rush, and if you want to stretch it, his beast style has some great counter (from a block stance) moves which do a lot of damage.

I feel like Majima is the one lacking in any decent counters (aside from his 3 bar thug grab counter and 2 bar only breaker style grab counter) until his secret stye but that counter does such a huge amount of damage that I don't mind.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I finally got enough money spare to pick up Yakuza 0 and it's super good but gently caress Mr.Shakedown.

More specifically, gently caress the fact that enemies can stomp on you regardless of how quick you mash X if you get knocked down and the fact that Shakedown's stomp takes 70% of my HP.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

The collecting and agents thing in Goro path is necesary?

For a certain sidequest yeah but besides that no

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

For a certain sidequest yeah but besides that no

Which side quest? Does the initial tutorial one count as a side quest? Because I've done everything bar the disco mini game ones and don't remember ever doing that poo poo except the first time I went there.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Which side quest? Does the initial tutorial one count as a side quest? Because I've done everything bar the disco mini game ones and don't remember ever doing that poo poo except the first time I went there.

the payphone sidequest where you have to procure weapons

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"sealed magazine" quest

:vince:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I finally got enough money spare to pick up Yakuza 0 and it's super good but gently caress Mr.Shakedown.

More specifically, gently caress the fact that enemies can stomp on you regardless of how quick you mash X if you get knocked down and the fact that Shakedown's stomp takes 70% of my HP.

Mr shakedown actually owns

I'm fighting one rn with no weapons cuz that prick took all my poker winnings idc I'll X triangle forever with majima to get this back

Also why the gently caress are they so huge are they like American or some poo poo

e: I died

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 30, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

verbal enema posted:

I'm fighting one rn with no weapons cuz that prick took all my poker winnings idc I'll X triangle forever with majima to get this back

Also why the gently caress are they so huge are they like American or some poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmjblNu2_6M

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Now I want to see a cinematic of lvl 1 kuze and majima battling mr shakedown

Also does anyone know who is behind the Gonna Make Her Mine disco song?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
another thing what is with pocket tissues?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Pretty sure it's Miracle Johnson.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

verbal enema posted:

another thing what is with pocket tissues?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tissue-pack_marketing

Immersion!

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 30, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

verbal enema posted:

He does own, I was just salty. Makes beating them more fun though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I did the zap gun cheese because gently caress you I just want the actual good moves that are all hidden away in the final tier.

I've decided I liked 4's advancement system the best, because you could buy anything at any time and got enough XP/orbs for almost everything just from the main and side stories.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like the new styles, but I kind of just want the classic Kiryu style back already, so I'll probably prioritise that mini-game as much as story allows.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

verbal enema posted:

Now I want to see a cinematic of lvl 1 kuze and majima battling mr shakedown

You can't recognize a Miracle Johnson track? Do you live under a rock inside a barn or something?

Pocket tissues may seem useless, but there will come a time where you were glad you picked one up at every opportunity. Go crazy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I meant who made the song

I was jamming the disco tracks at work and my boss came back and asked who did the actual​ track after I told him it was from a v game

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheLoser posted:

Pocket tissues may seem useless, but there will come a time where you were glad you picked one up at every opportunity. Go crazy.

I don't know if this was referring to the game or to real life but, both cases, accurate.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

I meant who made the song

I was jamming the disco tracks at work and my boss came back and asked who did the actual​ track after I told him it was from a v game

My guess is SEGA's ol' reliable Takenobu Mitsuyoshi AKA daytona guy AKA happiest guy on earth but I might be mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5o_vNw3Ks

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That reminds me, Majima's interjections for the karaoke songs is the best voice acting ever recorded, for anything.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

TheLoser posted:

What? Why? I never came across a reason for having them.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sindai posted:

That reminds me, Majima's interjections for the karaoke songs is the best voice acting ever recorded, for anything.

Majima screaming "ROGUE OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the background is hilarious but the bit in his karaoke track '24 Hour Cinderella' when the background video changes is probably one of the funniest things i've ever witnessed in a videogame.

I was literally in tears laughing at it when it first happened.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I would buy a Yakuza song game in a heartbeat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

Majima screaming "ROGUE OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the background is hilarious but the bit in his karaoke track '24 Hour Cinderella' when the background video changes is probably one of the funniest things i've ever witnessed in a videogame.

I was literally in tears laughing at it when it first happened.

Rogue of Love in all forms is a life changing experience. "Yakuza Hero" would be the greatest game.

The dressing up for the telephone sex line thing is a bit crap after the first time you've done it but I appreciate Kiryu getting catfished twice and duped once before actually meeting someone who wasn't lying out of their butt. (I dunno if you always strike out three times or whatever).

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's totally random. You might have to try dozens of times to finish all the side stories since there are 9 possibilities. And if you can't differentiate between the voices to retry quicker it's going to take you forever.

My resolve to complete all side quests broke after getting the same woman literally six times in a row. It's awful.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 1, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think you only become friends with the hottest ones, and those always have the shortest time allowing you to pick up the phone. This sucks if it turns into a girl Kiryu's picked up already, though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fix posted:

What? Why? I never came across a reason for having them.

looks like somebody didn't come across a certain sidequest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sindai posted:

just did Rouge of Love for the first time somehow.

Wow Majima Jesus Christ I almost failed I was laughing too hard.

This game is v good and I'm looking forward to playing another 6000 hours this summer