Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

EmbryoSteve posted:

I of course will be righteously indignant if the hawks lose on a similar type call. But such is the fickle nature of sports.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that, given recent history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

DariusLikewise posted:

Looks like I'm going down to Minneapolis for the Rams game in November, hopefully your President has not banned Canadians by then.

I'm tempted to surprise my Dad with a road trip from Montreal to Illinois for a Bears game. Our first live game was Chi@Pit 4 years ago, so it would be neat to try and get reasonably priced tickets for Pit@Chi. It's a shame Cutler got cut, Ben vs Jay would have high potential for a shootout (or turnover-fest).

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Josh Gordon really is never going to play football again

CLE Chatter: Browns receiver Josh Gordon hit with second paternity suit (and other noteworthy tidbits from our town)
http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/index.ssf/2017/04/cle_chatter_former_browns_rece.html#incart_river_home

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Josh Gordon really is never going to play football again

CLE Chatter: Browns receiver Josh Gordon hit with second paternity suit (and other noteworthy tidbits from our town)
http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/index.ssf/2017/04/cle_chatter_former_browns_rece.html#incart_river_home

lol if you think the NFL cares about taking care of your children.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol if you think the NFL cares about taking care of your children.

It just is another data point in the hypothesis that he will just never get his poo poo together enough to play football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Doesn't really indicate much.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

having a child out of wedlock is not going to be a problem for reinstatement.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

No Butt Stuff posted:

having a child out of wedlock is not going to be a problem for reinstatement.

If the NFL really cared about that sort of thing Antonio Cromartie wouldn't be allowed within 100mi. of a stadium.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Those cases are super common goddamn tff stop presuming the absolutely worst scenario about people in court

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

Those cases are super common goddamn tff stop presuming the absolutely worst scenario about people in court
HE WENT TO COURT FOR SOMETHING?!? THAT SCUMBAG THUG!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You guys think Ronde Barber makes the HoF?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

wandler20 posted:

Not the first time around.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

wandler20 posted:

Eventually, yeah. He's got pretty much everything you'd want to have on your resume as a defender

VVV yeah, but don't underestimate first team all-pro nods. Those are pretty accurate predictors of HOF inclusion

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 21, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

wandler20 posted:

He's got the ring, and he's got a ridiculously long career - 16 years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

What about Alex Jones in court

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The plot thickens...

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/...ampaign=twitter

quote:

Just when you thought you’ve probably heard it all, it’s gets even juicer.

On Friday, more details emerged surrounding the alleged suicide notes Aaron Hernandez left in the wake of him hanging himself to death on Wednesday.

The new piece of information comes via Daily Mail and they claim one of the three suicide notes that were found was allegedly written to Hernandez’s gay prison lover.

“The three handwritten notes discovered in the cell where Aaron Hernandez hanged himself were written to his fiancée, his daughter and his gay jailhouse lover.

Two of the notes were written to Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez and the couple’s four-year-old daughter Avielle. Both were seen leaving her mother’s Connecticut home Thursday.

Sources close to the investigation tell DailyMail.com that the third letter was written to Hernandez’s gay prison lover, who has not been identified but was believed to be the last person Hernandez spoke to before he took his own life.

Now that man is currently under ‘eyeball to eyeball’ suicide watch.”

“DailyMail.com learned exclusively on Thursday that Hernandez was planning his suicide for weeks.

The former football star even gave away most of his personal belongings to fellow inmates and covered the floor of his cell in soap, according to a well-paced source. If he lost his nerve he wouldn’t be able to save himself as he would slip around and not be able to land firmly on his feet.”

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

The new piece of information comes via Daily Mail

ehhhh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I know...

Not sure how credible DAILY MAIL is but

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What about Newsweek? http://www.newsweek.com/aaron-hernandez-hidden-sexuality-murder-police-587879

quote:

One of the notes left by Hernandez was to his prison boyfriend, who is now on 24/7 suicide watch, multiple law enforcement sources confirm. Hernandez’s sexuality would, of course, not be relevant save for the fact that an intimate relationship he allegedly had with a male former high school classmate was at the center of the investigation into Lloyd’s murder.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ohhhhhh THAT'S why the Pounceys are so defensive.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

HE WENT TO COURT FOR SOMETHING?!? THAT SCUMBAG THUG!

Yea, I mean Tony Gonzalez was in and out of various courts and he's headed to the Hall

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What the everloving gently caress?

https://twitter.com/NinersNation/status/855541918171893760

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
How does "covering your entire cell floor in soap" not set off any red flags for prison staff?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I guess he's 'only' 29 and hasn't had any football wear and tear for 7 years.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Haven't posted since last August or so, but it seemed like TFF-worthy news to say that Randall Cobb is on the flight that I just boarded. He's in first class.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Haven't posted since last August or so, but it seemed like TFF-worthy news to say that Randall Cobb is on the flight that I just boarded. He's in first class.

Tell him Detroit says hello and throw a brick at him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JT Jag posted:

How does "covering your entire cell floor in soap" not set off any red flags for prison staff?

They don't monitor people that closely. You could spread soap and hang yourself in a matter of minutes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

Yea, I mean Tony Gonzalez was in and out of various courts and he's headed to the Hall
ARE YOU SAYING THAT HE ONCE PLAYED BASKETBALL, PERHAPS IN COLLEGE?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

They don't monitor people that closely. You could spread soap and hang yourself in a matter of minutes.

I'll believe it when I see it. Mod challenge this man!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is kind of surreal to me for some reason.

https://twitter.com/ejmanuel3/status/855577240561623040

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I guess he's 'only' 29 and hasn't had any football wear and tear for 7 years.

Yeah just army airborne. That poo poo is good for your knees.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Was he the one that became a minister?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

swickles posted:

Was he the one that became a minister?

I didn't think so? I thought it was just that he joined the Army.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Not a minister per se just loved him some Jesus and did a bunch of speaking tours and then joined the military.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah just army airborne. That poo poo is good for your knees.

It's not that bad. The ruck marches probably do the most wear and tear.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Volkerball posted:

It's not that bad. The ruck marches probably do the most wear and tear.

Any Army PT will gently caress your back, knees and ankles over time. Why do you think most veterans are able to get a percentage at the VA?? Oh yeah and your hearing is going to get hosed up without question.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flikken posted:

Any Army PT will gently caress your back, knees and ankles over time. Why do you think most veterans are able to get a percentage at the VA?? Oh yeah and your hearing is going to get hosed up without question.

Meh. Like I said, it's mostly the ruck marches that gently caress you up. Everything else is probably a hell of a lot better for you in the long run than NFL practices. But my main point was that jumping is no big deal at all as long as you bend your knees. His knees could be fine.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah I was never airborne, but I have a permanently hosed knee from a week of national guard OCS at FLW.

The good news is that that got me to leave the fed tech program and the guard and double my salary in 2 years.

I hope coffee can get double his e4 salary on a practice squad.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
National Guard ocs lmao. How will you look your grandkids in the eye. Tell them you wrecked a motorcycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You go to active duty OCS after that week. But I have genetically inferior knees to begin with and ended up with a meniscus that looked like crab meat hanging off the back of my knee.

It was basically a bunch of guard officers who had small penis syndrome and took it out on either fresh grads or old sergeants who just wanted more money.

But lol if you actually care about nasty girls vs active duty at this point in your life.

• Locked thread