Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Arty is fun again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
whoever unplugs half the server cords around my area every night at 3:30 needs to go kill themselves ASAP

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Are the American mediums any good? I've got a really good 4 man crew in the T37 as I wanted to go for the T57.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The american mediums and heavies are all solid

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Azhais posted:

The american mediums and heavies are all solid

The T57 Heavy's kind of fallen out of favor in lieu of the Kranvagn and ever-faithful AMX 50B when it comes to autoloading fast heavies, though. The T57 was never fleet-footed and all them angles don't mean all that much against power creep. Also, don't encourage someone to go past the Pershing on the Patton line. The T54E1 is your reward for putting up with a T8 you're all but forced to poo poo gold HEAT out of to make it a usable tank, though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, don't encourage someone to go past the Pershing on the Patton line.

From what I know, the M46 was heavily buffed and is easily worth it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Even the Pershing kinda sucks armor wise. I've never played one that could bounce really anything but the noobiest pub and never had issues cutting one up when going against one. The standard and even premium Pershings minus the Super eat incoming fire like Cass Elliot eats buffets. The thing that makes the Super Pershing better is that extra riot armor you just point at the guys trying to shoot you and bounce their poo poo pretty reliably against a good portion of the player base. Where people go wrong with it more often than not is trying to side scrape with it. Plus you never saw T10s in it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Even the Pershing kinda sucks armor wise. I've never played one that could bounce really anything but the noobiest pub and never had issues cutting one up when going against one. The standard and even premium Pershings minus the Super eat incoming fire like Cass Elliot eats buffets. The thing that makes the Super Pershing better is that extra riot armor you just point at the guys trying to shoot you and bounce their poo poo pretty reliably against a good portion of the player base. Where people go wrong with it more often than not is trying to side scrape with it. Plus you never saw T10s in it.

Mediums != armour

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just to beat a dead horse, the T49 and the 13 90 are now both Really loving good.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Mesadoram posted:

Just to beat a dead horse, the T49 and the 13 90 are now both Really loving good.

Meanwhile, the BC12t is pretty much poo poo and I have more than 400k experience to go in it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Barry posted:

Meanwhile, the BC12t is pretty much poo poo and I have more than 400k experience to go in it.

I got it sitting in my garage with a garbage crew debating on selling it.

They might buff it one day and make it good.

Or not.

On a side note, is the Bulldog any good as a T8? I have not taken it for a spin yet.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Silly question. Did the crews move with the tanks?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Silly question. Did the crews move with the tanks?

Yes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just realized that my 13 90 went from T7 to T8 to T9.

This game is weird.

Also I did not get a free T71, gently caress you WG.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Mesadoram posted:

On a side note, is the Bulldog any good as a T8? I have not taken it for a spin yet.

I'm a bad pubbie so take this for what it's worth but I have been having decent games in it since ditching the autoloader.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I'm a bad pubbie so take this for what it's worth but I have been having decent games in it since ditching the autoloader.

I'll throw the regular gun on tonight.

Also, I just realized that my garbage stats with the T49 got carried up to the T9 version of the tank. This is going to be fun trying to boost the stats in it. That derp gun brought me down SO hard.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The T57 Heavy's kind of fallen out of favor in lieu of the Kranvagn and ever-faithful AMX 50B when it comes to autoloading fast heavies, though. The T57 was never fleet-footed and all them angles don't mean all that much against power creep. Also, don't encourage someone to go past the Pershing on the Patton line. The T54E1 is your reward for putting up with a T8 you're all but forced to poo poo gold HEAT out of to make it a usable tank, though.

What is wrong with the Pattons other than not being "clan wars" approved?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

HFX posted:

They are slowish?

An uh... Yeah.

Oh wait! They are also bigish.

That is all I have.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

HFX posted:

The M46 has poor accuracy and paper armor, plus poor module placement which I guess doesn't matter anymore. The E 50 makes a mockery of the Patton, but I guess that's an unfair comparison. The M46 was fine but I was not impressed, though I played it after playing all the other tier nine meds.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Atomizer posted:

So I just found this out yesterday, but apparently the guys working on the OMC Modpack project decided to call it quits. :cry: It's really been my favorite mod installer for years, but I guess I'm going to have to go with Aslain's now. It's just not the same, man. :saddowns:

I just happened to be thinking about mod packs before I read this, and how I used to use OMC but now I use Aslain's and like it much better but couldn't quantify why I like it more because they are practically the same thing. Anyway the 4th version of the Aslain 9.18.0 is out. I installed the 2nd version yesterday which was still called a beta and it was fine.

Mesadoram posted:

I was playing them back and forth, thinking I'd go up both lines then get the t10 light that sounds best, but I am doing much, much better in the 13 90 than the t49 and I like playing it much more. Maybe I'm just an autoloader aspie or maybe I need to go back to the derp on the T49, but my initial review is the T49 is slow and big and just ok and the 13 90 is loving awesome and overpowered.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

HFX posted:

They are generalist tanks in a game that doesn't often reward that. Also all the other tier 9 mediums have been buffed so much that the Patton got left behind.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

NotWearingPants posted:

I was playing them back and forth, thinking I'd go up both lines then get the t10 light that sounds best, but I am doing much, much better in the 13 90 than the t49 and I like playing it much more. Maybe I'm just an autoloader aspie or maybe I need to go back to the derp on the T49, but my initial review is the T49 is slow and big and just ok and the 13 90 is loving awesome and overpowered.

Not sure I would call it OP, but it is performing exceptionally well.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cardiac posted:

Mediums != armour

Yeah, the one on the tech tree is. The premiums are heavies and they suck just as hard.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Did the Chaffee somehow not get nerfed by all these changes?

I finally found a lease option which I'm signing today, and I chilled around in a few games in it yesterday, and I'm top-tier so loving often. :stare:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

After 6 years of playing this game off and on, including almost four years as 'President Romney' I have finally gotten my first hate tell.

Apparently I'm a stat-padding scrub.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Taerkar posted:

After 6 years of playing this game off and on, including almost four years as 'President Romney' I have finally gotten my first hate tell.

Were you in a T67? :colbert:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nah, a Panther II, which I don't really like.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did the Chaffee somehow not get nerfed by all these changes?

I finally found a lease option which I'm signing today, and I chilled around in a few games in it yesterday, and I'm top-tier so loving often. :stare:

Naw the Chaffee got smashed. 360 view range, 360 HP, substantially lower top speed and a much worse gun. The tradeoffs aren't worth going down a tier.

Taerkar posted:

Nah, a Panther II, which I don't really like.

lol who the gently caress would stat pad in a panther 2

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

lol who the gently caress would stat pad in a panther 2

I stat pad in the panther 2. :ssh:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
The T9 Patton used to be one of the best mediums a few years ago, before T10 mediums, back when there was no sixth sense and everybody's accuracy was poo poo. It was one of the few tanks that could shoot on the move and it aimed super fast, for the time. Now everything does that and the Patton is just bad.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Taerkar posted:

I have tells disabled, I really can't imagine any scenario where I'd want to talk to the usual class of window licker that plays wot

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Hellsau, our team is done right? Or do I need to show up for matches tonight?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

Hellsau, our team is done right? Or do I need to show up for matches tonight?

We're dead, gold will be paid out eventually.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Dude sorry I killed us. I'm mostly a solo player or platoon with my pubbie friends.

Hellsau didn't yell at me after I lost us the game. 5+ would tournament again.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i would participate in those types of things but im very bad at being on time for stuff so i dont even try sorry, i totally would of won for you guys

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
So I've played a few more games this week and while I like the new MM I think it really really really exacerbates the OP nature of some tanks. Making the previous amount of blow out games ever larger. It also exposes the large skill gap in the player base.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

i would participate in those types of things but im very bad at being on time for stuff so i dont even try sorry, i totally would of won for you guys

We've found our scapegoat, folks.

Jago posted:

Dude sorry I killed us. I'm mostly a solo player or platoon with my pubbie friends.

Hellsau didn't yell at me after I lost us the game. 5+ would tournament again.

lol naw you're fine, losing a single game in a tournament is an extremely poor loss condition. Too much poo poo can go horribly, . Exia bouncing one shot and none of the enemy 1Ses bouncing a shot and then struggling with gun depression was unfortunate - if Exia gets either of those shots in we win because their Luchs advanced on Exia and Exia had more than 300 HP. If either of their KV-1Ses whiffed or bounced a shot, we win immediately because they didnt' have the damage output to finish anyone off. When our heavies were pulling around the corner between the wall and rubble, imagine if their two derp burst didn't kill someone - we'd have lost me and the KV-1 and won with three tanks alive!

poo poo, the only other game we lost that tournament was to the Mongols hitting a 500 meter shot on a moving Luchs with the 122mm derp. That's the kind of ridiculous poo poo that you have to try for in WoT tournaments, because if it works you win and if it doesn't oh well. When stuff like that is the line between winning and losing, then it's really stupid for matches to not be at least best of 3. There's no way in hell I'd do a tier 3 or tier 4 tournament with that format - "oh whoops our Cruiser 2 rolled under 230 on a 280 damage roll to leave the enemy tank alive, guess we lose" or "Welp our Hetzer bounced their shot on the enemy Hetzer and their Hetzer immediately turned and snapshot back for a kill, what a waste of time".

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 22, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So I've played a few more games this week and while I like the new MM I think it really really really exacerbates the OP nature of some tanks. Making the previous amount of blow out games ever larger. It also exposes the large skill gap in the player base.

It needs to be set up for intelligence rather than tiers. I've been on teams that should have got their asses handed to them and won by a large margin, and other teams that should have curb stomped the other and lost. Most of the time it's because a few heavies try the middle route down a map or just simply spend their time cowering when they should be steam rolling. Watching five heavies be held up by two mediums on the hill on Prok to be blasted apart SLOWLY by arty is just loving stupid. They didn't even advance when another Skorpion and I flanked those mediums from the village and killed them.
"It's just a game dude, stop raging"
Yeah, it's just a game you suck at horrendously, go get hosed

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 22, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't know whether this patch was good or bad. It seems like the new MM helps out tanks with preferred matchmaking though IMO. I'm also playing extremely poorly but that's probably just due to drunk tanking alot recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Axetrain posted:

I don't know whether this patch was good or bad. It seems like the new MM helps out tanks with preferred matchmaking though IMO. I'm also playing extremely poorly but that's probably just due to drunk tanking alot recently.

The patch is good because all of the problems are fixable. Buff light tanks that need it (tier 5/6/8/10 in particular), fix the scout/arti balancer so that if one team has an arti or light the other needs one as well, and remove artillery from the game to fix that problem.

loving christ they haven't fixed the packet loss though