Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Adiabatic posted:

Get out of Seattle or I will mod challenge you.

Please do. I would like him to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Ground floor.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Do it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Adiabatic posted:

Lame.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
TBA = Tire Battery and Appliances or Auto, don't remember which. Think old Western Autos.

Don't know what you guys call them out there. Just need a number of a store that will put it in a battery and get you under way.

EDIT: Looks like you snuck in the Shoreline stuff while I was composing. What's the nearest Autozone to you there? Give me a duralast part no.

EvellSnoats fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 22, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He has no valid drivers license, no money, no credit cards, no income, no family support, and no operating vehicle. "Just get out" is pretty useless advice at this point.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
:20bux: gets you a ride on the ol' gray dog.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Leperflesh posted:

He has no valid drivers license, no money, no credit cards, no income, no family support, and no operating vehicle. "Just get out" is pretty useless advice at this point.

It wasn't advice

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I also like to yell "get a job" at homeless people

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Just get out of a place that is bad news he can be broke and homeless somewhere else

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, and I mean this post in all seriousness, you are telling a man with no social safety net or family help remaining to abandon the only valuables he has left, and just get on a bus or walk to... where? And then do what?

I fully appreciate and agree that Seattle is clearly very bad for this man. I just do not understand how people expect 14" to abandon his two cars, his cat, his tools, etc. and just get on a bus to somewhere with no idea what to do or how to survive when he gets there.

Personally I think that having lost his Washington ID he needs to get a replacement ID before he can do anything else, because without valid ID he is utterly hosed.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

Just get out of a place that is bad news he can be broke and homeless somewhere else

I have a roof here for another month aND a half

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I also like to yell "get a job" at homeless people

Fact is we have an unreliable narrator with a drug problem and he's using this forum to collect donations. He's expressed his desire to leave, so he's either doing that or losing his source of goon support.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've actually explicitely said don't give me money so I'm not sure where you are coming from

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

You also just posted about how your goon-bought battery just broke.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

So, and I mean this post in all seriousness, you are telling a man with no social safety net or family help remaining to abandon the only valuables he has left, and just get on a bus or walk to... where? And then do what?

I fully appreciate and agree that Seattle is clearly very bad for this man. I just do not understand how people expect 14" to abandon his two cars, his cat, his tools, etc. and just get on a bus to somewhere with no idea what to do or how to survive when he gets there.

Personally I think that having lost his Washington ID he needs to get a replacement ID before he can do anything else, because without valid ID he is utterly hosed.

I understand your frustration with my ultimatum, so I'll give him a month to get his poo poo together and start making changes for the better voluntarily. While he works dilligently on this, I welcome all user suggestions on mod challenge options that result in 14" off of drugs and back on track, whether or not he actually leaves seattle. Top 3 most effective ideas go live on May 21, 2017.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I need long term storage for the civic. If I pay insurance on the bug, $70, it will make it to valentine. I'll take the expired suspended ID risk. It gets 25mpg right now. Rosie is taken care of. I want to get to Valentine and finish what I started. Once I'm on the road I can be trusted with funding. As long as I'm in seattle I cant. Open to suggestions in all seriousness as I'm dying out here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

You also just posted about how your goon-bought battery just broke.

I didn't ask for it, and it was posted only as a gently caress my life aside comment

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

I'll take the expired suspended ID risk.

driving on a suspended license is gonna land your car in impound and you in jail. What is actually needed to de-suspend your license? Pay up your outstanding tickets?

e. just to clarify, I am not offering money. I just think it can be helpful to clearly state all of the obstacles in the way of things, with specifics.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 22, 2017

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Leperflesh posted:

driving on a suspended license is gonna land your car in impound and you in jail. What is actually needed to de-suspend your license? Pay up your outstanding tickets?

This is the question.
Please don't drive on a suspended DL. In many states it will gently caress you up almost as much as a DUI. Figure out what you need to do and do it. Talk to court re:payment plans, volunteer work, etc.
If you start working on it early it is easier until you get 5 suspended tickets and owe the court 8 grand.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
By my count it'll be about $500 estimate to get it sorted out so lol on that front

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you sell one car to drive the other you should be able to come up with $500. I'd suggest if you're leaving Seattle for good that'd be the case anyway?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
sounds like what you need is a pilot. which one of you whores volunteers.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

By my count it'll be about $500 estimate to get it sorted out so lol on that front

Selling the Honda should cover it. You're not going to need long-term storage if you're not coming back.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
If you sell the bug can you pay off your tickets and fix Justin?

If not, it's time to consider parting ways.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If you got a place Dave get your affairs somewhat sorted sell the civic and get to Valhalla. The civic is a boat anchor around your neck. Also try stay clean man. Much love. Back in Valentine we get you whatever you need. And also Leperflesh remember we aren't like certified counselors we are some dudes on the internet

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The civic has been my line in t he sand. I'll go homeless before I lose it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

everdave posted:

And also Leperflesh remember we aren't like certified counselors we are some dudes on the internet

Yeah that's completely fair. IIRC 14" has a psych or social worker or something? That'd be the person to talk to I guess.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:siren::siren: DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT A LICENSE :siren::siren:

Seriously, this will only end badly if you attempt that. I know you don't want to sell the Civic, but to realistically solve this problem, you are most likely going to have to let one car go. Like people have said, if your out, you're out for good, so no sense keeping any extra burdens there.

Now, granted, you've had multiple offers to trailer and store the Civic, so start PMing people about that. This is something that should have already be solved.

So what do you need after that? Can you sell your Snap-on box or anything else to start paying for all the legal paper work?
I would imagine you could get a decent amount for the Bug, but you have to decide which car is gonna be the one to keep.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I understand, but if you go homeless you will lose it. If you get caught driving while disqualified, you will lose it.
I'm glad I don't tell AI my problems anymore, and I'm not going to suggest what you should do. But yeah, only got my licence back yesterday. It's been two years because I got done for unlicenced driving which added another 14 months, got someone elses car impounded which ruined my relationship/life and leaving me now almost homeless
But I have four wheeled anchors keeping me in my poo poo situation, I should really just get rid of them and move on. Easy to find a room*, hard to find a garage.

poo poo's loving hard though when you got nothing and nowhere to go and you loving know you'll never be in the position to get them back, ever

E:* somewhere in a loving city with support, not butfuck nowhere with no friends or health services.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 22, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How much do you think you can get for the bug? Enough to pay fines and fix the Civic?

[e] Selling the tools will help too, just keep the basic poo poo and sell the rest.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 22, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

well Dave man likenthe spyder offered to come get it I think out of anyone you can trust him. Let's focus on getting u right and legal and back to that God forsaken field

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Your problems are snowballing. Refusing to deal with one creates two more, with twice the cost.

Stop digging. Cut yourself loose of the toxicity of Seattle and never go back. Start fresh elsewhere. Maybe not Valentine, though it seems to be a fairly nice place. Throw a dart at a map and go some place where no one knows you and you know no one. Force yourself to do it right.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

nm posted:

Figure out what you need to do and do it. Talk to court re:payment plans, volunteer work, etc.
This is good advice in general, but if 14" starts interacting with cops and judges, they're going to leap to conclusions that unfortunately are accurate, and that has a lot of potential to go badly. Any way to raise the cash and just mail it in is a much safer idea.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dave I dunno wtf to tell you, but you're on the wrong coast cause I would kidnap your rear end and dry you out if you were over here.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Anne Whateley posted:

This is good advice in general, but if 14" starts interacting with cops and judges, they're going to leap to conclusions that unfortunately are accurate, and that has a lot of potential to go badly. Any way to raise the cash and just mail it in is a much safer idea.
The cool thing is the ticket is in Wyoming, so he can call the court and not actually interact in a meaningful way. This is just a speeding ticket or something, so lots can be fixed over the phone.

Please don't drive with a suspended DL though. That poo poo, in points alone, will get your license suspended long term for way too long.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Dave's theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU4HUJQrReY

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

DICK DICER posted:

... Once I'm on the road I can be trusted with funding. As long as I'm in seattle I cant...

The problem is that you have an external locus of control. It's one of the hallmarks of addiction or addictive behaviors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

I was going to offer my KRL722 box and cart

Applebees Appetizer posted:

How much do you think you can get for the bug? Enough to pay fines and fix the Civic?

[e] Selling the tools will help too, just keep the basic poo poo and sell the rest.

The box is worth more than either of the cars, perhaps both, combined. That's why I asked if he still had the tools. Not getting into the fact that the SnapOn man probably charged $5k for the box new, it's still worth what, almost $2k now? Not counting the tools inside? There's way more than enough money there to take care of all the stated obligations.

That's if the tools haven't been sold off little by little for... stuff... and the storage fees have been paid on a reliable schedule.

• Locked thread