Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

That's honestly like comparing severity of rape. It's a basic human rights violation, full stop.

:lol: Where is your cultural relativism now?

Seriously, this is a bad subtopic, and it popped up when I was gone. Proof that I'm the glue that holds this thread together.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I love my dead gay circumcised penis

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

(seriously, this is a weird hill to die on)

Exactly. Cultural relativism is dumb. Things either violate human rights or they don't, and where you were born doesn't really factor into it.

I dunno, maybe you missed my point? Conservatives/Republicans/Trump supporters constantly go on and on about how horrible Muslim culture is, and use female circumcision as a good reason to support Trump's Muslim ban. Yet, more often than not, they fail to see their own cultural biases when it comes to male circumcision, which is apparently a-ok despite being fundamentally the same thing: a cultural thing that happens to babies despite lacking any compelling reason to do so.

Tinestram fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 22, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rasta_Al posted:

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

The white guy in this video that gets chewed out looks like a loving freak.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

runupon cracker posted:

how do you feel about toddlers too young to speak getting tattoos or piercings?

I don't

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Majorian posted:

Seriously, this is a bad subtopic, and it popped up when I was gone. Proof that I'm the glue that holds this thread together.

gently caress you and your thread

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

Exactly. Cultural relativism is dumb. Things either violate human rights or they don't, and where you were born doesn't really factor into it.

I dunno, maybe you missed my point? Conservatives/Republicans/Trump supporters constantly go on and on about how horrible Muslim culture is, and use female circumcision as a good reason to support Trump's Muslim ban. Yet, more often than not, they fail to see their own cultural biases when it comes to male circumcision, which is apparently a-ok despite being fundamentally the same thing: a cultural thing that happens to babies despite lacking any compelling reason to do so.

No, I understand the point you're making, and it's a valid thing to point out as hypocritical. It's just that, you see, talking about what parents do with their kids' dicks is a really annoying thing that liberals like to fixate on when there's actually important poo poo going on in the world and in this very country, so stop talking about people's dicks please.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rasta_Al posted:

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Majorian posted:

No, I understand the point you're making, and it's a valid thing to point out as hypocritical. It's just that, you see, talking about what parents do with their kids' dicks is a really annoying thing that liberals like to fixate on when there's actually important poo poo going on in the world and in this very country, so stop talking about people's dicks please.

Man my parents are atheists and I still got circumcised just so my dilz didn't look weird.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Yeah, my parents wanted me to have a not-hosed-up looking deeyock too. They did the right thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
great? it is loving pouring rain tonight

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

I ain't even mad, yo. North American doctors still, by and large, push it as an automatic thing, and most people have (rightly enough) been conditioned to trust their doctors. So I generally don't blame parents for doing it. To me, it's an education thing, and people ought to be educated about everything relevant, not just The Most Important Things. That happens to be a common conservative tactic that bothers me, that somehow we can only be concerned about a certain very small subset of social issues and if you push something specific, well man, we've got bigger fish to fry! I happen to think that the Muslim ban IS an important thing, and if people are going to use female circumcision as an excuse to push that agenda, they should at least be consistent about it. And, generally speaking, they're not.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

I ain't even mad, yo. North American doctors still, by and large, push it as an automatic thing, and most people have (rightly enough) been conditioned to trust their doctors. So I generally don't blame parents for doing it. To me, it's an education thing, and people ought to be educated about everything relevant, not just The Most Important Things. That happens to be a common conservative tactic that bothers me, that somehow we can only be concerned about a certain very small subset of social issues and if you push something specific, well man, we've got bigger fish to fry! I happen to think that the Muslim ban IS an important thing, and if people are going to use female circumcision as an excuse to push that agenda, they should at least be consistent about it. And, generally speaking, they're not.

That's all right, I'm just funnin' ya.:keke:

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Man my parents are atheists and I still got circumcised just so my dilz didn't look weird.

That's probably the dumbest reason ever to cut off a healthy piece of flesh. Yeah, maybe a handful of people who look at your dick might think it looks weird, because it hasn't been mutilated in a specific way. Does that really seem right to you?

Just because it's what you grew up with doesn't mean it's good or right.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

runupon cracker posted:

That's probably the dumbest reason ever to cut off a healthy piece of flesh. Yeah, maybe a handful of people who look at your dick might think it looks weird, because it hasn't been mutilated in a specific way. Does that really seem right to you?

ya because or else it looks hosed up!!!!!!!!

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

OK fine circumsion is bad move on please

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yo runupon what's your opinion on Silent Hill?

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Yo runupon what's your opinion on Silent Hill?

not the best hip hop group out there but still pretty ok

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
lol at how angry GBS gets when they find out that some of their own listen to opinions outside of the echo chamber

edit: that was meant for the Alex Jones thread but this is just as good

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

runupon cracker posted:

Those doctors were trying to remove the clitoris so the girls could never feel sexual pleasure. That's not the same as male circumcision you morons.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Those doctors were trying to remove the clitoris so the girls could never feel sexual pleasure. That's not the same as male circumcision you morons.

I think he's trolling but i cant tell

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's gross, the doctor like did it on the sly and cut a gash out of the girls and then gave them a pad to staunch the bleeding, the description I read makes me want to puke

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

someone give this man a prize!

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Who What Now posted:

The problem is that you think putting homosexuals and Mexicans into gas chambers and pumping them full of nitrogen is humane.

You are so very retarded

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You know all these "why aren't leftists getting mad at this" news are stupid and old.

Make up something new, like try to argue how Trump is a genuinely good person or something

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yeah it's basically like chopping the entire head of the penis off a guy.

Though I actually agree with runupon cracker in principle, even if the two aren't the same.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 22, 2017

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

You know all these "why aren't leftists getting mad at this" news are stupid and old.

Make up something new, like try to argue how Trump is a genuinely good person or something

The leftists get mad at poo poo that counts

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-zara-skirt-pepe-frog-20170419-story.html

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Non-internet people should stay off the internet imo

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The KKK are not Leftists and Antifa hide their faces to avoid doxxing and reprisal from nutcases.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Liberals get the badpost too ☭

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

The KKK are not Leftists and Antifa hide their faces to avoid doxxing and reprisal from nutcases.

Haha, go to any Antifa blog, they are the doxxing nutcases. They're like art critics gone psycho - if you wear the wrong clothes or listen to the wrong music they mark you for harassment and vandalism

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I will puch NeoNazi in the Face.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Majorian posted:

The only thing good about you is your dramatically windswept hair and that I keep thinking its Peter Sellers.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

runupon cracker posted:

I agree with you in principle but like it's low of my list of societal demands, above weed legalization but very very far below single payer healthcare

Besides I haven't used my dick in over a year so I can dedicate more time to being perpetually angry.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Make foreskin great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The real question for the thread is where did Hilary go wrong?

Or maybe something about pineapple on pizza?

• Locked thread