Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jazerus posted:

Personally I've always wished there was a Haan who was an evil pirate.

Thrackan Sal-Solo almost fits the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Jazerus posted:

Would a Leia clone be Leeia or Leiia? Or Leiaa?

Lleia.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Thrackan Sal-Solo almost fits the bill.

If he didn't have a terminal case of the "who has ever cared about this character, ever"s, then yes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jazerus posted:

Personally I've always wished there was a Haan who was an evil pirate.

Well we got mob boss Han.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
I'd take Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan and Leeeeeeiiiiiiaaaaaa over Dark Nest

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Ah, the Welsh Leia.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oscar Isaac was Lew and Davis, so there's a precedent for Welsh.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jazerus posted:

If he didn't have a terminal case of the "who has ever cared about this character, ever"s, then yes.

Well, nobody's perfect.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He did crazy evil beard well before Mel Gibson snapped.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6a7gqBxyMA

So this guy is doing a re-edit of Rogue One focusing entirely on the last third of the film. I've got to say, starting with Krennic's report to Vader on Mustafar is actually a really good way to distinguish the final act from the rest of Rogue One, and with a custom text crawl, it works really well as an introduction.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The re-edit I want to see is the same movie, but they have a proper amount of time for the music.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Beachcomber posted:

The re-edit I want to see is the same movie, but they have a proper amount of time for the music.

Or if they didn't throw out everything Desplat did so they could get milquetoast Giacchino.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Saw this elsewhere. Had to share it here.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chairman Capone posted:

We should call an immediate Mofference on the Moffship to discuss this revelation.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Wheat Loaf posted:

We should call an immediate Mofference on the Moffship to discuss this revelation.

"Admiral, the Moff Council requests your presence at the Mofference"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Who is that guy on the right and why should I care that he becomes Snoke?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

mdemone posted:

Don't attempt to find out, no good can come of it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mdemone posted:

His name is Trioculus and you'll never guess why.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

FIND ME THE GLOVE OF DARTH VADER

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Don't attempt to find out, no good can come of it.
DO IT SO YOU CAN BE COOL LIKE US

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chairman Capone posted:

i still think he might be a hosed up clone of palpatine or some remnant of the anchient sith empire.

been listening to the thrawn book. its interesting so far. a little predictable at times, but i kinda dig how they portray the empire, its less nazi's and more Old british empire, where not everyone is bad and good things happen, but their is poo poo ton of bigotry and classist bullshit mixed with awful loving people at the top. I like the accents they gave people as well.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i still think he might be a hosed up clone of palpatine or some remnant of the anchient sith empire.

been listening to the thrawn book. its interesting so far. a little predictable at times, but i kinda dig how they portray the empire, its less nazi's and more Old british empire, where not everyone is bad and good things happen, but their is poo poo ton of bigotry and classist bullshit mixed with awful loving people at the top. I like the accents they gave people as well.

I do really like the idea that Snoke is Plagueis, even though I know it is never ever going to be the case.

Who reads the Thrawn audiobook? The guy who reads most of the stuff from the past decade, Marc Thompson (?), is pretty good from the few I've listened to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

I do really like the idea that Snoke is Plagueis, even though I know it is never ever going to be the case.

Who reads the Thrawn audiobook? The guy who reads most of the stuff from the past decade, Marc Thompson (?), is pretty good from the few I've listened to.

yeah same dude. he makes vanto some good old southern boy. and it works.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I'm currently on "Dawn of the Jedi - Into the void"

What's up with this Jedi Ranger chick? She dropped a grain of sand into a guys eye and then used the force to make it go into brain and fry his memory.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

"Admiral, the Moff Council requests your presence at the Mofference"

"Get out of my office."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SeanBeansShako posted:

FIND ME THE GLOVE OF DARTH VADER

How else are you going to receive the dark blessing of the Supreme Prophet of the Church of the Dark Side?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

How else are you going to receive the dark blessing of the Supreme Prophet of the Church of the Dark Side?

That guy went through balls like crazy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so i am on chapter 20-21 of thrawn, i think i am about 1/2 or 3/4 through. its ok but holy gently caress it drags hard at points and it gets super predictable at times(not that i expect it to have like big super twists) but holy gently caress some of the political poo poo is boring as gently caress at times. like its interesting when it starts out, but it starts getting stale when the same 5 subjects(core world dickheads, mining, price trying to climb the ladder, eli thinking about how lovely the higher brass is because they think he is a good old boy.) i am sure it gets better at the end and i sorta like zahn fully pushing thrawn as imperial sherlock holmes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I finished Thrawn the other day on my flight back to the States. I absolutely loved it. The political parts at the beginning were slow, but everything gelled at the end. I just wish there was a bit more after he was promoted to Grand Admiral. I really hope Zahn writes another novel with Thrawn.

I'm currently breezing through Lords of the Sith. It's alright, nothing special. The Vader parts are cool.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

pubic works project posted:

I just wish there was a bit more after he was promoted to Grand Admiral.
It felt a lot like an expanded version of this, which is a good thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Youtube comments and all, but holy crap how did I miss the Dimok/Ripoblus conflict parodying Democrat/Republican divides?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Catberry posted:

I'm currently on "Dawn of the Jedi - Into the void"

What's up with this Jedi Ranger chick? She dropped a grain of sand into a guys eye and then used the force to make it go into brain and fry his memory.

Seriously. She is loving evil.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Youtube comments and all, but holy crap how did I miss the Dimok/Ripoblus conflict parodying Democrat/Republican divides?
I noticed recently that the last cutscene is in a completely different style than the rest. Much closer to the cgi used in Jedi Knight than the other art. It's not like they didn't have anyone doing that kind of art anymore, Outlaws came out two years later.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Casimir Radon posted:

I noticed recently that the last cutscene is in a completely different style than the rest. Much closer to the cgi used in Jedi Knight than the other art. It's not like they didn't have anyone doing that kind of art anymore, Outlaws came out two years later.

The prerendered scene of the inside of Zaarin's corvette you mean? I imagine that the budget was saved up for that so the campaign ended with a big money shot that would look amazing in 1995.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

The prerendered scene of the inside of Zaarin's corvette you mean? I imagine that the budget was saved up for that so the campaign ended with a big money shot that would look amazing in 1995.
I think a lot of the other expansion pack cutscenes reused elements of older ones. All the Palpatine closeups are the same for instance. It's not just in the corvette either. Outside the ship moves a lot more dynamically than older cutscenes so you can tell they were experimenting.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Great... Now I know what I'm watching when I get home from work. Thanks a lot!!! :argh:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

finished thrawn. it was ok. it stretched out a little to long in the middle but i like the ending and how it portrayed the empire. i kinda like the ambiguity of the ending. your not sure how far into the timeline it is, since the main story basicaly ends right before he enters the scene in rebels. so my guess is either he survives that and dies later or he dies sooner(season 4 of rebels) but before doing so sends eli off to the chiss to learn/teach them. here is my question. its clear they are trying to set stuff up in the unknown regions and there are bigger threats then the empire but they never say what it is in the book. clearly it wont be the vong or the whistling lizards. my guess is the sith or some sort of remnant of the sith empire from ye olden days that still exists.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its clear they are trying to set stuff up in the unknown regions and there are bigger threats then the empire but they never say what it is in the book. clearly it wont be the vong or the whistling lizards. my guess is the sith or some sort of remnant of the sith empire from ye olden days that still exists.

That's exactly what's mentioned in Aftermath 3. The whole reason Jakku is so important is because Palpatine built some kind of dark side observatory there that could sense it, or something like that.

Funnily enough, if the Clone Wars show had continued, the Vong would have actually appeared in it. Since so many scrapped ideas from that show are still getting recycled, I bet we'll see them at some time.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I would have loved them to somehow pull a Mandalorian re-do on the Vong. "All our technology is organic, that's why we're all covered in pretty flowers and our highest position is Chief Herbalist!"

No, seriously, I would have loved that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kurui Reiten posted:

I would have loved them to somehow pull a Mandalorian re-do on the Vong. "All our technology is organic, that's why we're all covered in pretty flowers and our highest position is Chief Herbalist!"

No, seriously, I would have loved that.

I may be completely misremembering, but I thought that the plan for the Clone Wars Vong was to ignore the fact they exist outside the Force. So if so, that would have been a pretty radical departure.