Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

mellowjournalism posted:

There are still AFK farmers on ps4 :cripes:

e: lmbo the latest one I saw circumvented their genius system by...running in a wider circle than normal

It's really bad on AI dominion. Though it worked to my benefit today because of the Dominion Medic Order. The AI was farming my "teammates" in spawn.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dure_PsP9hE
This is a video example I took of what every Dominion AI match is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I have like 20k steel and have bought everything i like for the chars i play, everything else has ugly animations or looks dumb to me. What are these assholes farming FOR? Can I get a warden Apollyon skin yet?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I don't know why people bother in AI modes with other players. You... you can set it up so you are only playing the AI, and only with AI teammates. No other people are involved, you still get steel and everything.

not that there's any reason to play the AI modes now in any event.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I only do it for the contracts. When I was finishing off the second prestige (and I just wanted to open those crates already!) I powered through the last few levels doing vs AI elimination. You can finish a match in no time and if you have live teammates it goes really fast.

I've got 15k steel, all the cosmetics (including flaming wings) and maxed out gear so I'm sort of in the same situation of just sitting on it. I might save it to pimp out a new character when the DLC hits. Having a Day 1 Ninja with Tsunami execution effects or whatever the gently caress it will be would be neat.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

I don't know why people bother in AI modes with other players. You... you can set it up so you are only playing the AI, and only with AI teammates. No other people are involved, you still get steel and everything.

not that there's any reason to play the AI modes now in any event.

I don't think you get steel from custom matches?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't think you get steel from custom matches?

Not talking about custom matches. If you select vs AI, hit space for matchmaking options, you can turn matchmaking off. You don't get as much steel or exp, but you still like, 75% and don't ruin aanyone's game.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello friends i avoided posting here cause i didn't want to get burned out or over zealous about this game like i did in overwatch but this thread seems pretty chill

i play nobushi only and i'm like reputation 5 now i think, beat the story mode on realistic right at launch (that was pretty infuriating fun) and now i just do orders every once in a while to save up steel for fancy clothes and emotes. the new order system is pretty nice, i can just play vs ai and not worry about getting owned too bad.

i am the prettiest weeb princess

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

This game needs a big injection of excitement and fast. Where are the leaderboards? Spectator mode where we could stand around the fight -- like on castle walls -- and cheer/taunt could be cool. Something.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Soft Shell Crab posted:

This game needs a big injection of excitement and fast. Where are the leaderboards? Spectator mode where we could stand around the fight -- like on castle walls -- and cheer/taunt could be cool. Something.

Especially for duels. You could spectate friends that way. Adding Gladiatorial gamemode would also be awesome. Free for all 8-man, or 1v1 and every time and opponent dies, a fresh one comes in. I haven't touched this game in a week because it feels so stale, especially with the turtling. They gotta nerf defense. Feinting out of an attack into a block is just silly, especially with how easy it is to pull it off. Games devolve into feint spam, and then when you're out of stamina, the only thing that can trick you is an unblockable, but even then you can wait last second and still parry without breaking a sweat.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I hadn't played for a couple of days so I'm not sure when it happened but the patch is live on PS4 in case anyone still plays this game.

I like to play it

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
About time the PS4 patch has hit - I'm interested to try out the lawbringer changes which apparently ruin the class forever (but I'll probably still like).

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Still waiting on those new executions that got leaked a while back. My interest in the game is dying out quickly, but being able to homerun bat someone as Lawbringer would inspire me to play a bit more.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

I hope the xbox patch hit too, I'll know later today.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

titties posted:

Same, it seems like the optimal way to play this game and most games kind of defeats the purpose of playing games.

I want to have an edge-of-your-seat battle that is exciting and fun but that is impossible against players that literally do not attack because they need to maintain their kdr or global ranking or whatever. Just get in there and have a loving sword fight jfc.

That's why I am happy being solidly in the middle where most people actually do things.
To be fair, in a realistic scenario this would be the case. You spent a lot of time just watching and trying to see what trips your adversary since every count blows. The problem is how some characters can't break a turtle meaning if the opponent doesn't want to attack then you'll just stand there for five minutes.

This is why Shugoki and Conqueror are so fun. You wanna defend? Well defend the loving floor.

mellowjournalism posted:

There are still AFK farmers on ps4 :cripes:

e: lmbo the latest one I saw circumvented their genius system by...running in a wider circle than normal
film them and send a ticket to Ubi Support and they'll ban the fucker (for a while at least :v:)

Kerrrrrrr posted:

hello friends i avoided posting here cause i didn't want to get burned out or over zealous about this game like i did in overwatch but this thread seems pretty chill

i play nobushi only and i'm like reputation 5 now i think, beat the story mode on realistic right at launch (that was pretty infuriating fun) and now i just do orders every once in a while to save up steel for fancy clothes and emotes. the new order system is pretty nice, i can just play vs ai and not worry about getting owned too bad.

i am the prettiest weeb princess
I hope you unlocked the petals for extra anime.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Mans posted:

film them and send a ticket to Ubi Support and they'll ban the fucker (for a while at least :v:)

They can't just...scale rewards to points earned by actions actually done in a match? :confused:

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

mellowjournalism posted:

They can't just...scale rewards to points earned by actions actually done in a match? :confused:

I think they want the worst players to still feel the urge to play and level up. They give some rewards based on performance, but most of it is just guaranteed to you for completing a match. Overwatch does the same thing.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

mellowjournalism posted:

They...do? It's just you get some for participation

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mans posted:

I hope you unlocked the petals for extra anime.

i have not, i was using the cute turtles for a long time and then i bought the fancy skull outfit.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I am enjoying the new changes brought on by the patch and am also having a good time enjoying the game. Just a bit of an update there

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Wandle Cax posted:

I am enjoying the new changes brought on by the patch and am also having a good time enjoying the game. Just a bit of an update there

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

what new patch?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Console just got the latest patch

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Mmmm, that top heavy unblockable after a parry on LB.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I took a look at this game and decided to wait on it. What is the balance like these days? Things sounded dire 1000s of posts ago

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Its worth about 20 dollars of fun.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I took a look at this game and decided to wait on it. What is the balance like these days? Things sounded dire 1000s of posts ago

It's fine IMO. The balance issues are only apparent in high level competitive play, so unless you dream of being an eSports superstar earning 10s of dollars in tournaments, it's not too bad.

Even at the highest levels people have had success with characters that are seen as low tier. I can't remember a time where I lost because of imbalance. It's always just been better players.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh and revenge spam was a problem. I think Ubi said they were going to tone down the revenge items before I got distracted by four other games. I assume that went through

I'll have to check if my coupon works

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Balance is fine at low levels of play, bad at high levels of play. Still very fun for me when I stomp face with shugoki at mid levels.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Hydrocodone posted:

I think they want the worst players to still feel the urge to play and level up. They give some rewards based on performance, but most of it is just guaranteed to you for completing a match. Overwatch does the same thing.

Wandle Cax posted:

They...do? It's just you get some for participation

AFK farming in 2017 is pretty much very solidly "you done hosed up" game design and the idea that users have to video someone doing this and report them individually is :lol:

I did a google search for "overwatch afk farmer" and you have to load up a custom match and do a bunch of dumb poo poo, and blizzard said they'd hand out bans unequivocally. This...is not a hard problem to fix

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
balance still pretty dogshit tbh, also they havent fixed the flicker bug so against most characters with really fast attacks you are essentially in a mixup before anything has happened.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mellowjournalism posted:

AFK farming in 2017 is pretty much very solidly "you done hosed up" game design and the idea that users have to video someone doing this and report them individually is :lol:

I did a google search for "overwatch afk farmer" and you have to load up a custom match and do a bunch of dumb poo poo, and blizzard said they'd hand out bans unequivocally. This...is not a hard problem to fix
Yeah but It's Ubisoft so you're gonna get needlesly procedures to fix basic poo poo that shouldn't happen either way.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Game is balance and you can beat the snot out of anyone using any character. High level play isn't fun but it's not the end of the world.

2vs2, Duel and Elimination own bones, Dominion is a stacked gear fest and skirmish is only worthwile vs bots if you want to smash and kill without concern

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
I actually kind of like skirmish, it's refreshing to play a mode where no honor is implied and you can just respawn quickly when you die. They've also fixed the spawn so it's not just a track race for ten minutes anymore.

I was watching marvel vs. capcom on twitch, and it seemed to me that 70% of the matches ended up in endless infinite aerial loops where one guy just got gangbanged against a wall. I think the balance in this game is much better than that.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

mellowjournalism posted:

Oh, I know. I just think Ubisoft is afraid that if you get a majority of your rewards from performance, the worst players quit (and then the 2nd worst are the new worst and they quit, and so on) + they don't want to dedicate dev time to detecting AFK farmers because that path to riches isn't as obvious as making new cosmetic things.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

One thing that I've found strange is how unartistic the menus are in this game. Maybe this is true to Ubisoft games in genereal, but I doesn't take lot of imagination to come up with menus that would look much more interesting given the subject matter. Closeups of weapons and armor and all that stuff. Interesting textures. Little cool animations of like zoomed in sword blade or something. Instead we have this most general thing. Maybe it's just their budget or something but if the menus are such a drag at least make them interesting to look at.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
I like the direct no nonsense menus. Just get rid of the territory updates and make joining a group with a controller on PC easy and I'll be happy. I guess Overwatch is a good example of colorful and interesting but clean menus, so maybe more embellishment is possible but I want to minimize the number of clicks to get in a game.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I don't mean more clicks, there are enough clicks already. Just like interesting backgrounds in different parts of the menu. They look so plain.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have an Amazon discount I could use for the PS4 version of the game, is PS4 or PC the definitive way to play now? I would normally prefer PC because I have a decent enough system that can reach 60fps which seems pretty important for a fighting game, but I've heard that PS4 has better server stability + fewer frustrating bugs.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I have the ps4 version and would rather get the pc version now. I'm starting to realize why all the fighting games are run in 60fps.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really couldn't care less about the map updates that take a minute to show how things are painted differently now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Mans posted:

I really couldn't care less about the map updates that take a minute to show how things are painted differently now

Really ought to be an option to disable that infuriating poo poo. "Here's what's changed, so enjoy looking at this slow animation for 5 seconds" "Okay, that was that, you can play the game now" "Haha just kidding here's another map update that we don't really know what it means"