Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That acronym will never not feel weird to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When it first started they didn't include the irls part.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*chanting* give the robot girls pants

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 21, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the twins are good; i liked when they opted not to use armor and then had a transformation sequence anyway. and hating pants is the char designer's entire brand

The show's cg action is pretty fluid and the directing has good ideas for using 3dcg like in a playful moment here where low framecount gives it a cartoony feel. the animated stuff with the humans is good and the two we know so far are two adorable goofs. also, if the ending is an advertisement for the cute cupoches, it's working.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I hope they continue advertising the finest quality nippers.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i hope fa girls continue to kiss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I knew I should have watched that show

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I'm going to watch the frame arm girl show now.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

do the really kiss?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Not all of them, but I'm confident that by the end we will have three more ads for nippers and all the girls will kiss Stylet.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

That acronym will never not feel weird to read.

as a homosexual, it owns

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Darox posted:

Not all of them, but I'm confident that by the end we will have three more ads for nippers and all the girls will kiss Stylet.

Stylet bullying is important, but I was thinking maybe they continue pushing her and Gourai as an item

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

*chanting* give the robot girls pants

Remove their boots

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Julias posted:

Friend me on Steam! :argh:

I just ignore all random request out of habit, send it again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Demicol posted:

I just ignore all random request out of habit, send it again.

Ball's in your court

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Shingeki no Bahamut's latest episode felt like a black hole that just sucked 20 minutes away from my life. (Because it was so entertaining despite being such a low key episode ) I was almost certain it was the episode midpoint when the ED started rolling. :psyduck:

Kado's latest episode was amazing and kinda throught-provoking. There are so many directions this show could go for and I'm incredibly excited about it. I can already think of so many moral dilemmas/matters of human suspicion (warranted) surrounding the matters in this episode.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 21, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOO IS NINA'S SENSEI!!! :supaburn:

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I do love that Nina's ludicrous strength is not something that only appears on occasion or gets skimmed over, people respond to it, or take advantage of it, she has a matching appetite, the way she runs seems convincing for somebody who has that much power.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
If you're into methodical and thoughtful drama, Kado is the show for you. It's a really fascinating watch so far.

If you don't like slow and action-less, you'll be pretty bored.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

If you're into methodical and thoughtful drama, Kado is the show for you. It's a really fascinating watch so far.

If you don't like slow and action-less, you'll be pretty bored.

Kado is pretty good, but I did WTF at the proclamation that Japan is the most generous and sharing place in the world. You would have thought he would have manifested his cube in Norway or Sweden or maybe Germany or something if that was the defining factor.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I've watched 3 episodes of Kado and it still feels like a significantly inferior, more boring recreation of Arrival.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I downloaded an ep of sins because I thought it was a continuation of the 7 sins show from last season

I was wrong :frog:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I downloaded an ep of sins because I thought it was a continuation of the 7 sins show from last season

I was wrong :frog:
this is why the localized name for the show airing this season is 'seven mortal sins'

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nobody tell Miles

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dessel posted:

Shingeki no Bahamut's latest episode felt like a black hole that just sucked 20 minutes away from my life. (Because it was so entertaining despite being such a low key episode ) I was almost certain it was the episode midpoint when the ED started rolling. :psyduck:

The art for this show is just so dang pretty.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

I've watched 3 episodes of Kado and it still feels like a significantly inferior, more boring recreation of Arrival.

THEY ARE GOING FOR ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. DAMMIT PEOPLE.

It's obvious where this comparison is coming from, but I think its lazy to wrote off Kado because of it. Arrival is a psychological drama about communication and understanding. Kado, so far, seems to be a sociopolitical drama about hubris. Both are so far very different in both style and tone. And where Arrival has to be efficient with its storytelling as a movie, Kado can explore its ideas much deeper and broader.

Like I said, Kado's pacing wont be for everyone. I accept that not many people are gonna enjoy what this show is selling. But at least acknowledge instead of just calling the show bad because you don't like it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Really liking Kado over here too, at least for me the latest episode seemed to fly by in about 10 minutes, I had to check to see if there was a long stinger or something because it just flew by for me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kado is probably my favorite show of the season so far.

Bahamut, Re:Creators, and Eccentric Family are also very good.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 22, 2017

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

ViggyNash posted:

Kado, so far, seems to be a sociopolitical drama about hubris.

Shin Godzilla also came out last year and is a better story about that.

I liked episode 0 of Kado because the negotiator is a cool dude, but the stuff about alien contact is just a snooze fest for me.

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 22, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Shin Godzilla also came out last year and is a better story about that.

I liked episode 0 of Kado because the negotiator is a cool dude, but the stuff about alien contact is just a snooze fest for me.

I would definitely be way more into the show if it was a semi-episodic thing about Shindou The Negotiator (is this residual love of ACCA?). Episode 0 was the coolest it has been even if he came across as kind of obtuse. But it's still kinda nice to have a show this slow to relax with, I suppose.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/855527824056356866

Squid or kid?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe the Splatoon yuri douj is getting officially published.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I can

Antsylvania
Nov 5, 2010

KADO feels kinda like an adaptation of Childhood's End, and I'm really looking forward to whatever happens.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Dessel posted:

It needs to be next week already :negative:

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

it's debut

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
bahamut just had the best reveal ever about a character's real identity rocky is kaisar's old reanimated hand

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hargrimm posted:

it's debut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc2udEpyPpU&t=19s

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I cured my insomnia last night with the first ~15 minutes or so of Hinako Note ep 2. It's an incredibly powerful show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I cured my insomnia last night with the first ~15 minutes or so of Hinako Note ep 2. It's an incredibly powerful show.
It bored you to sleep?

• Locked thread