Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i love running poo poo into the ground, yes. here specifically i chose to deliberately assume stone cold complimented me for making the right assumption, which then would implicitly mean that she called herself my mommy, which is rampant shipping despite the moratorium on kinkshaming

This is uh still not shipping in any conventional sense without making some other leaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the paradigm shift posted:

This is uh still not shipping in any conventional sense without making some other leaps.

you must be real fun at parties, expecting 100% rational basis in a deliberately misconstrued overuse of a meme

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i got bored of drinking by the time i reached legal age to drink

that's why you turn it into a ritualized and expensive hobby and coping mechanism like a healthy adult

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
first the we get a balt that doesn't drink, next thing you know we'll find out that randler isn't a fat nazi and rmute doesn't pay his rent in severed congolese hands

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you must be real fun at parties, expecting 100% rational basis in a deliberately misconstrued overuse of a meme

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that's why you turn it into a ritualized and expensive hobby and coping mechanism like a healthy adult

ill get on expensive hobbies right after i have enough money for new shoes, or a modern computer

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i love running poo poo into the ground, yes. here specifically i chose to deliberately assume stone cold complimented me for making the right assumption, which then would implicitly mean that she called herself my mommy, which is rampant shipping despite the moratorium on kinkshaming

yikes

are you sure you're not the one who's projecting your sick shipping

brrrrrrr gonna need to burn all my skin off now it will never be clean yeesh

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

👏 never 👏 clean 👏 again 👏

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

stone cold posted:

👏 never 👏 clean 👏 again 👏

Sever your Anglo limbs, it is the only way you can remove the blood on your hands.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Randler posted:

Sever your Anglo limbs, it is the only way you can remove the blood on your hands.

and uhhh how clean are your german limbs friendo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

Ze cleanest.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

stone cold posted:

By Control Council Law No. 46 the Germany of my ancestors got abolished and replaced with a new, fresh start Germany. :smuggo:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

yikes

are you sure you're not the one who's projecting your sick shipping

brrrrrrr gonna need to burn all my skin off now it will never be clean yeesh

yea that technically was shipping, which explains my reluctance to explain it when you inquired

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

stone cold posted:

randler is actually very supportive of the idea of cleansing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why do people keep doing things like this to food.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i'm a fan of the luther burger, but adding Cheetos, flaming hot or otherwise, to anything is a crime

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm a fan of the luther burger, but adding Cheetos, flaming hot or otherwise, to anything is a crime

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRPDApSFG0j/

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The Doritos tacos at taco bell are such a culinary high that I can't blame people for trying to get in on the action tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

The Doritos tacos at taco bell are such a culinary high that I can't blame people for trying to get in on the action tho

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN4R61QA8sN/ ?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Just dip them in salsa con queso ffs

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stop it, I'm gonna barf on my cat.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anything that takes more than 10 minutes of actual work to prepare (not including time in oven, etc) is just obnoxious.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

handling food with a watch on is a violation of the health code

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

By Control Council Law No. 46 the Germany of my ancestors got abolished and replaced with a new, fresh start Germany. :smuggo:

And remember Kinder, if you don't behave yourselves, the constitution police will get you!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

Anything that takes more than 10 minutes of actual work to prepare (not including time in oven, etc) is just obnoxious.

:jerkbag:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

And remember Kinder, if you don't behave yourselves, the constitution police will get you!

explains why the us has banned kindler surprise eggs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

loving around adding nanospoons of paprika and poo poo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

explains why the us has banned kindler surprise eggs

Anti-Italian prejudice.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

loving around adding nanospoons of paprika and poo poo
im not fond of gigantic preptime one-off meals outside special occasions, but there's nothing wrong with proper preptime and poo poo if you are bulk cooking meal for several days in advance and so on

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also, if you want to go all in on American food regulation crazy, google for DnD posts containing the phrase PGO or PGI.

Some Amerigoons get really upset that they cannot market Kraft Velveeta as original Italian Mozarella or Parmesan in the EU.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler, what, if any, is the pragmatic difference between accounts payable and receivable responsibilities?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

Also, if you want to go all in on American food regulation crazy, google for DnD posts containing the phrase PGO or PGI.

Some Amerigoons get really upset that they cannot market Kraft Velveeta as original Italian Mozarella or Parmesan in the EU.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you may joke, but were are very upset with mislabelled food here. lovely butter is legally either called "a construct of fat", or not sold

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you may joke, but were are very upset with mislabelled food here. lovely butter is legally either called "a construct of fat", or not sold

us has stringent labeling laws along the same lines, for the record velveeta is not marked as cheese, but a "pasteurized prepared cheese product"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Randler, what, if any, is the pragmatic difference between accounts payable and receivable responsibilities?

If you need a detailed overview, the Working in Accounting thread mighte be more useful

But basically if you are accounts payable, you are supposed to check whether or not you are supposed to pay (check if goods have been received, invoice is correct, payment authorization can be made, recording the transaction, etc.)

If you are accounts receivable, you basically do it the other way round but might also be responsible for tracking customer's payment targets and sending out notices if their payments are late and stuff.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
not that it matters much since both are steadily being automated out of existence

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Cornelius Cornfeld in da hizzy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

If you need a detailed overview, the Working in Accounting thread mighte be more useful

But basically if you are accounts payable, you are supposed to check whether or not you are supposed to pay (check if goods have been received, invoice is correct, payment authorization can be made, recording the transaction, etc.)

If you are accounts receivable, you basically do it the other way round but might also be responsible for tracking customer's payment targets and sending out notices if their payments are late and stuff.

I see. I'll check the thread out. For reasons I'll mention below, I'm trying to figure out which of the two is more adequate option for someone mostly lacking the know-how.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

not that it matters much since both are steadily being automated out of existence

You could think so, but there is apparently a wealth of big multinationals hiring accountants in Latvia right now, and almost none of them is asking for any directly relevant credentials, while paying way above average.

• Locked thread